Sharing Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sharing Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Ramblin: I had never heard of that before last night! Started reading a book (murder mystery!) and the main character is a school psychologist working with 3 really challenging students. (Don't worry it is the nasty school board trustee who will die! At least that's what the back of the book says!!) Anyway, it described her using rewards. Now you mention it.

Is it funny how life brings us lessons and then reinforces them?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Meeting went really well although I don't deserve a reward for good behaviour!

I sat at the back and let the others talk, hoping others would step up into leadership roles. I also wanted them to find their own way rather than be told how to do things.

There is one annoying gentleman who insisted that the RA should be doing this, it was our job. I said the RA said no to advocacy. He said we represented the residents and therefore we had to do it. I said we didn't have to do anything. He begged to differ and then I told him IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS THAT NO-ONE WOULD TELL ME WHAT I HAD TO DO. At that volume.

The poor guy running meeting (remember, the one we think is on the Autism scale) stood up and said calm down to both of us. Rightly so. Then the group turned and told the annoying guy to leave! Yay! They were on my side.

I've sent a note of apology to the guy running the meeting as well as praising him for how he handled the whole meeting. He raised enough money this afternoon to go see a lawyer for 1 hour and get a legal opinion. I also told him that each time he came to me asking for something to be done, he always said, what can WE do? Not YOU should do something. And he did help out a lot last year and took the reins this year.

I think enough well organized people have stepped forward to help that he'll be fine. He certainly stepped up and surprised me with how well he did today. I didn't think he had it in him. That's why it is a good thing I insisted on stepping aside. Now is his turn to shine.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:36 pm

I have gathered 8 eggs today. :mrgreen: went to the store h bday tomorrow. We did not do the buffet today next week. I need to txt dson about it. I did a store run. Walked at the park, stopped by the grange left a donation for rocks for folks to paint they will have more tomorrow & not out yet. I traded rocks with some folks there and got some ideas how to do base coat on rocks before painting. Got paint pens trying them out love em!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Waving to all...

Think about it Kathryn... we all work for rewards... we are rewarded with money for work, hugs and kisses work well for kids and spouses... everyone, as you did today for the leader of your group, likes atta boy praises for rewards.

Rewards what ever they are, reinforce what we do in life... you lose a pound and if I forces your efforts to stay the course and loose more weight. Your sweetie tells you how nice you look and your day is set.

Negative behaviors can stop us in our tracks. Most of us enjoy life more if we have cheerleaders by our side. The trick with kids is figuring out what is lacking in their lives and then find ways to fill it. Every day, even now when I am subbing, I stand in my doorway and shake the hand of every kid who walks in my door. Sometimes I'm the only smile they see all day. I always find something positive to say to each one of them...like your hand shake, nice shirt, like your dress, cute hair do..whatever.

All kids strive on positive reinforcements... and most times in school the only adult they get it from is me. It's not a secret to me because it's what was lacking in my life growing up. I had two teachers that did the same to me... I was every teachers nightmare, talked, disrupted class, didn't do homework, didn't study ...and some how theses teachers were able to
Reach me with kind words and their actions. I've told my students many times over I am the teacher I am because of these two men. They were who I modeled myself after. I figured if they could reach me, I could do the same to reach my students and it seems to me it worked.

Dinners on it's way...pizza for Sweetie and salad for me :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I was getting stove up so walked the ddog, dinner is in the oven. Got more rocks cleaned up & drying to paint later on. Thought about more tips folks share w me today about under coating rocks before painting and how they dry em first.
Phew what a day this has been for us. We did now have ducks in a row enough to do the family buffet today but did get txt sent to dson about next weekend.

Got the dishwasher rebooted. H is getting bday brownies no complaints.
I have a new batch of rocks going they are labeled drying while I did p m routine. I am getting better @ painting fish! :mrgreen: watching Exodus.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Watched the Dubai World Cup horse race. Seven times. It is amazing.

I'm trying to focus on good things these days. That is a good thing.

Dd posted a picture of dgs giving her a kiss. That is another good thing. (She feels like a much more successful mother when he does things like this.)

I'm off to bed now. Didn't realize how late it got.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi everyone! A sad, sad day at payroll for me Friday. They installed a new firewall and website filter. No more SHE boards for me at payroll. Unfortunate, because it is motivating. So, my posting patterns will change radically, and may not be as frequent. Big bummer. I am hoping keeping up with this site (my only social media site) will force me to keep up with my home emails. Oddly enough, I can now access my home emails at payroll. Go figure.

Today has been a very different Sunday. I helped move the animal orgs things from the old storage unit to the new, closer one. That took the whole morning. Then, lunch, home to throw leftovers in the fridge, a meetup of Planner Addicts*, then deliver the discards from the storage unit to the people who run our yard sales. DD15 called from the airport wanting to see me. Of course, I said yes and she was dropped off at about 7:50. She had to leave at 8:25 to start her bedtime routine. Spring break is over, school starts again tomorrow. While waiting for her to arrive, I have run LOLs, done daily stuff except load car, done some cleanup, and caught up on half my emails.

I gave her the finished dragon scale scarf from the UFOs I finished last night. She liked that. I cancelled my foot appointment for tomorrow, because the MRI results were not in. Tonight's remainders are: finish emails, load car, put away LOLs, determine tomorrow's WTFs and ToDos. Insurance is the most likely WTF.

Planner Addicts = a meetup group for people who use things like Franklin Planners, DayRunners, DayTimers, etc. I use mine a LOT different from the others. Mine is strictly practical, calendar and address book, with a few lists. Theirs are more creative journals. I do not journal or scrapbook. That being said, I liked some of their ideas on calendaring and keeping track of things.

ETA: Just caught up on emails. Now off to load car and put it into passenger configuration. I will flip a LOL and put away some LOLs too. It is 10 pm, MUST get to bed at reasonable hour. Very tired, not even wanting to do computer jigsaws or computer Scrabble!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:48 am

They are moving guild meeting again but at least I got a heads up so that I can plan if I want to go. Big day tomorrow for me payroll wise. I want to get a tote with a handle for my paints. One is in the bigger bottle so a tackle box will not work. I will keep my eye out.

Return to “Post When You Can”