Monday Inspiration

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Monday Inspiration

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Lol, Kathryn about the hair color. Mine is very dull mousy gray and the highlights/low lights do the same thing for me. Speaking of coloring hair.....dd said this morning that she bleached her hair last night at the friend's house, but chickened out and colored it back to about the natural color. I didn't really notice but her hair is now less natural looking with fewer high lights. But Bleach!

When I was going to sleep last night I was thinking of making a trip to the TN library and archives today - it would be a day long trip with about 4 - 5 hours driving round trip. But there's a book there that I can't get anywhere else. When I checked online this morning, tho, I'm glad I didn't try to go 'cause they're closed today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:42 pm

At work....

Thanks for all the kind words ... it's REWARDING ago me to read them :D

LadyM... it's easy to remember to praise DS8. Every time you switch from one lesson to another praise the heck out of him... not about the correctness of his work, but his behavior. Gee you did a terrific job staying focused, wow I like how fill in the black.

When you praise/reward even small behaviors it reinforces that behavior and subconsciencely tell your child this is the appropriate behavior.

Also when a kid does something to make you angry remember this: anger is just a wall that keeps a deeper feeling blocked inside you. I have no problems say to my students either as an entire class or individually ... it really hurts my feelings when you do _____ because it makes me think you don't ____ That gives kids the power to understand they actions have consequences that effect others.

LadyM... you might say to DS8 when he makes really inappropriate comments.... that really hurts my feelings to think you feel that way. Can you explains to me why you needed to say it?

Most kids will answer... I don't know

My response to that is... when you say I dont know, what that means to me is, I don't want to tell you. That opens the door for a positive conversation. At first you might need to "coach" DS8 a bit on this until he feels free to be truthful.

Kids thinking gleened from all my students: adults will say to a kid, just tell the truth and you won't get into trouble. Kid tells the truth and still gets punished... so kids learn to lie, We know this as adults and WE don't always tell the truth because of it.

I say to my kids... always tell me the truth, I may or may not be able to help you depending on what the problem is:

Example: someone throws a pencil in my class and it sails over my head. (I usually know who it is) I walk over to the kid and say.... remember I never ask a question I don't already know the answer to (that may or may not be true) Now did you throw the pencil?? No response cause they're scared of getting into trouble....then I say trust me, did you throw the pencil? Then when they finally say yes and wait for the punishment insticke my hand out, shake the kids hand and say... thanks for telling the truth.

However sometimes the consequences are beyond me like when a kid gets into a fight. Then I say to the kid... I have no control over the consequences, but tell the truth and I will stand by you. Kids a quick learners... it's usually the adults that teach them what is appropriate behavior but y'all already knew this , right :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Laundry is in the dryer.
Letters are in the mailbox waiting for post man to pick them up.
KidN is here.
8-) sun is out yea!
Wtg ladies U help me to stay motivated.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:00 pm

hello hello!!!

How is everyone?!

I am heading out soon for errands with dd younger.
she will be driving!!!hopefully :D
going to lunch with d mom and dd younger

I know it sounds like a long time but I worked on french and my paperwork for 5 hours this morning. I am proud of myself that I stuck with it... but my body, I think, wished that I had been walking. ;)

wishing you a great afternoon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Dh went to take the truck back. I said I'd follow in about 5 - 10 minutes. Finished watching a video, dryer buzzed so I folded and put away that load, then started to get my boots and coat on. Dh walks in. Forgot the truck keys.

I still have to lace up boots so he heads off. I get them laced, put on hat and gloves and hear voices in the hall. Sure enough dh is still there waiting for an elevator along with a neighbour. She's late to exercise class but usually walks. It took us ages to convince her to take a ride from one of us. We were both driving right past the place so it wasn't a problem at all but she likes to walk if she can. We pointed out it was the elevator that made her late. But we now have to remember to add 5+ minutes to any errands requiring an elevator. Usually when 1 is out we don't notice it much but with 2 out the wait times are crazy.

Returning the truck took forever so I caught up with dh despite stopping at the store along the way. We got 15% off our next rental because the truck was so inconvenient.

Anyway, I suggested lunch at a nearby diner because dh hadn't yet had breakfast and we had a nice breakfast (second for me but I'll pass on lunch.) Then we did the grocery shopping and are now home. Thankfully the elevator came right away when our arms were full of the groceries.

I'm ready for a nap. May actually give in to one, I'm not sure. But first I have to move the sheets to the dryer and start the next load of laundry.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Posting without reading the past couple days.

DH had the weekend off without working, first weekend in probably a month. We had a bonfire Sat. night and got rid of a lot of wood stuff here and a lot of leaves.

Otherwise, both of us slept on and off all weekend long. We did go to church and small group.

I got email back and now have to redo all that financial information I worked so hard on. They want whole year 2016, I gave them first quarter 2017, based on what the broker told me, and last year's income tax. This is horrible for me, I am getting no help from my Accountant, though he did look over what I did and said to make 1 little change. Sigh. Very discouraged.

We have people calling for work and some in real hurry and 1 is a neighbor with a time limit. So now I'm actually hiding out around here because I know we have let them down but we just can't take on any more. I better get busy with it.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:14 pm

((((Harmony)))), you are so often in my thoughts. Blessings to you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm

I swept the drive way off we had recess, hens are out. Split today kid N leaving getting a break till school is out, sunny so I will need to walk in a bit. Done. Watching Maya the bee. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS VERY VERY LOUD!!!

For at least a while, I can get here at payroll for what motivates me. (That would be YOU!) I don't know if they reverted the filter or changed something, but I am happy about it. The newly installed filter had a problem. We found email difficulties AND we couldn't get to our own websites! It's pretty darned important for the IT department to be able to access the web based stuff they are being paid to work on! Today, I am working on a particularly difficult report. I have started over on the relevant query, I have lost count of how many times.

I am annoyed because I left my DayRunner either in my house or car. I know it must be in one of those, because I used it on my last errand yesterday and did not take it out of the car. I did not get the LOLs completely put away, but made good progress. Home emails are very close to caught up, with nothing urgent left. Need to do some DPCs today - car insurance, medical insurance, and banking. Fun fun. Tonight, I need to spend a lot of time cleaning my house for visitors Sunday. Even the sewing room needs to be presentable, because they are coming to see the cat who is using that room. (I have introduced her to the rest of the crew, but won't leave her unsupervised yet).

I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to get here from payroll, but I am so so SO happy to be here.

I call cars like the one belonging to Booksaver's DH "educational". As in, I know how to start a car with a defective neutral safety switch thanks to my Tempo, and I can start a car with a short in the steering column thanks to the Comet. The latter was not just educational, but also a great anti-theft device. The Comet was trivial to break into, but impossible to start without the trick, which required no tools or effort.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Thank you, Dee.

I redid those financial reports. I hope they are accepted. I have emailed insurance company, evidently we don't have enough for this company so I don't know what the extra will cost us. I wouldn't be upset if this thing fell through because we aren't a big enough company, but I know DH would be.

Waiting for email. 2 phone calls, so far nothing.

We will miss you during the day, Elizabeth. I always wondered how you were able to connect with us during the day.

Need to make dinner next.

Return to “Post When You Can”