Wow! It's Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 am

Are you ready to start sliding toward the weekend?

What still needs to be done?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 am

My answers to those questions are:

1. no
2. everything

But I'm up early. Dh is off to the local university for a conference today so I have the house to myself. I went to bed with him but stayed up playing a game on my tablet until 11. Slept fairly well. Won't know how well since fitbit has decided its users no longer need to see how they are sleeping. Not exactly sure why bother having a sleep recording function in your device if you won't report the data but that's their decision. For once in my life I'm not alone and hundreds and hundreds of people have complained to the company. Hopefully they will listen and put the features they took away back into their software.

In the meantime, I understand more fully how these data trackers work. You kind of think when you buy something it will always work the way it did out of the box. But while it still gathers data the same way (the purpose of the tracker which I wear), I have no access to the data except through the company's servers. And how they display that data to me is up to them. So they can add reports but they can also take reports away. Which they did. I think I will ask for my money back. Yes, I've had it for 3 years but it will make a statement that they can't take features away and not consider it breaking the device.

I've also made my tea and scanned one file. I have 5 fiscal years in this box to scan but not everything in each year or each file is scanned. If it is tricky to get through the scanner (i.e. boarding passes) it gets tossed in the shred box directly. And almost all faxes are blank now (thermal paper which faded over the years). The worst part is having to take all the staples out of documents and then handled them over and over as individual sheets of paper so they won't double feed into the scanner.

That is one focus for today. The goal is to do at least one fiscal year. The box has to be done by the end of the week but if I get in a rhythm I'll keep going today.

Another is vacuuming (1 hour) and mopping the floors (45 minutes) and possibly cleaning the bathrooms (15 minutes.)

Planning and executing a dinner.

And data entry. Lots and lots of data entry.

I've stopped getting lots of steps. Interestingly, my aches in hip, knee and ankle are mostly gone too. Unfortunately, weight is way up so today I'm only having tea and no chocolate. Not sure how I'll manage barely eating all day but I'll try since I obviously I'm going to have to tackle the weight gain by calories in, not exercise.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:24 am

I'm up and s2s and T-med taken. Now have to put up my meds for the next week. I need to put new pill containers on my shopping list. I ended up putting dh's meds up in mine so he has 5 weeks put up -so at least he won't have that to do for a bit. It will be 10 weeks before I get home (or about). I kept one container for me.

Dh put up in Stony Creek (Petersburg), south of Richmond last night. He made a lot of miles -about 750 I think- yesterday. Said that as far as he can tell the only damage to the truck that is bothersome at the moment is his front left signal light. But at least it's not the back one. He'll drop off the rolled bandages for the Congo in New Windsor, MD today and then head north to home. I imagine it will depend on how tired he is at that point and how early he makes it, if he decides to go all the way. But I'm doubting it. He texted me at 5:40a.m. to say he was ready to leave. He wanted to get through Richmond before rush hour. Then it's not bad until he gets up to about Fredericksburg. Know that was awful when dd and I went home last year.

My answers ditto yours, Kathryn. I have a bunch to do here before tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a lost day here. DB/dsisil are picking me up about 11:30 to go visit dcousin in Haines City. Think I mentioned he found her through a genealogy search. I haven't seen her since I was probably in 6th or 7th grade. She's 5 years older. She plans to go back to live near Binghamton, NY on Sunday. Sold her place down here. Lot of years to catch up on.

Hoping dd finished her yearbook project last night. She had tons of pictures being sent to her last night -talk about the midnight hour. The yearbook is due today. But she did say she's learned a ton of things that will be helpful for next year's. This, of course being a new school, is their first one.

Dh called last night to say he'd forgotten both his winter jackets -yep! There they are sitting on the walker. And I found the small bag with all his hearing aid supplies yesterday. So! One of my earliest things today is to find a box and head to the post office. I was hoping to wait on the hearing aid stuff as I have an order coming with new hummingbird feeders. I wanted to send those to him with the hearing aid things (which includes his batteries!) :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 am

Hoping its not like wet Wednesday June 22 1983.
The rains have started. We've been told to expect a lot of it as it draws more ammunition in from the ocean.

Good night. I'll see if I can sleep with the rain thundering down on my metal roof.

Safe driving prayers for Dee's dH
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 am

F2008 is scanned. It took 14 tries to get the travel expenses into the system. So many pages have been stapled and crammed together for 9 years that I had many, many, multiple page feeds. At least I get a warning. And the system increments the file number so I don't re-enter a file name over and over, it just add 2, 3, 4, etc to the end of the file name. Even taking the pages and alternating up and down wasn't enough to stop the multi-feeds. It will completely make the file unreadable (half the pages will be upside down.)

I will now take my shower and then have some yogurt and fruit. Not sure what my lunch will be. May walk over to the Whole Foods like grocery store and have something off their ready-to-eat buffet. Still haven't decided what for dinner but am leaning towards a roast chicken. Easy and dh loves it. The only problem is he doesn't know when the conference will end so it might be a very late dinner tonight.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 am

Dfriend JT got here safely last night after spending the evening with dfriend SK. There was a fair bit of chatting going on here! I also managed to get some work done - graded a test, updated engrade, made a new attendance sheet. I also got a lol done last night! It still needs to be folded and put away, of course.

Hmmm... to answer Kathryn's Qs: (1) no. (2) not sure but good to think about in terms of setting priorities -- I need to figure out what to bring to small group and go shopping for that. I also need to send a letter to one of our Compassion children by Friday. Also, need to figure out if dkids are invited to AP's wedding in May. RSVP needs to be done by Friday.

PODA:
- morning routine
- go for a jog; this looks like the last sunny day until Saturday; I think I'll jog the hill. I haven't done that for a while.
- payroll: make a quiz, prep for class, teach the class
- dinner with dh and JT: pasta with shrimp in a cream wine alfredo-ish sauce, green salad, perhaps dinner bread?
- everything cleaned up; garbage and recycling bins brought back from the curb
- can I get 3 credit report requests in the mail to finish that project? I got mine yesterday, and it also is boring -- which is good!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 am

((Lynlee)) I was hoping Debbie's turn would not take it into potential damage range for you. I know the noise effects you are talking about with metal roof. It can be unsettling here. Think of it this way - maybe it washes the roof, which is hard for the owner to do. Best wishes for sleep and community safety.

Sunny, I saw you joined the headache ranks here yesterday - bad day for it! That's nice to have a grandchild playing at Universal, even if you can't go,

It's Wednesday, so the trash man's on the way, I'm sure. And I didn't get everything done yesterday. BBL.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:05 am

I didn't get everything done yesterday either. Didn't get our baskets emptied or the rest of the recycling out. We do have a lot we recycle. Usually 3 large bins plus any cardboard we break down. Won't have as much now that dh has left -I only subscribe to the paper for him & that's stopped now. Up home he doesn't even bother any more -it's gotten so expensive. Think it's over $10/week now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:09 am

I am feeling like I can only deal with today and can't look ahead to tomorrow or the weekend. My bandwidth is seems to be full. Hum....Where can I get more bandwidth?

We received 4.2" of rain last night. I haven't walked outside yet to check for damage but I don't expect to find any.

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 147
** Steadfast - Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning - Sunroom, Cellar, Back porch, Front Porch
** 7:30 DD here snuggle & take DGD5 to school
** 11:00 Appt in town with new speech therapist. Brittany is her name. Today we will meet her.
** Noon - Clothes shopping with DS8 (Dress clothes for the dance & Easter). I will also pick up a dress for DGD5 to wear.
** 3:30pm Pick DGD5 up from school and do homework
** 5pm Cook for Church family
** 6:30 Eat with church family
** 7pm Worship

B: Egg & Vegetables (waffles and peanut butter, milk)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, leftovers
D: church meal - Hot Dogs & chili + potluck
Prep Ahead: Grade block of cheddar cheese
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:20 am

I am shocked it's wednesday! How did that happen

I spoke to my young young cousin in france yesterday... I truly miss her.

I have sat at my computer doing nothing ALLLLLLL morning. eeeeekkkkkkkk . taking dd younger to dr. soon and we have errands
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”