Wow! It's Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Wow! It's Wednesday

Postby helia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Checking in. .

Well, I'm glad we're not the only ones who feel that way about our kids, Twins.

Done:
- a.m. routine
- jog; I jogged the hill in the arb 1.5 times, so that was a new challenge for me! I made it a 3 mile run altogether. 1.8 miles were on the hill.
- I've done the background work to figure out the Q of kids attending AP's wedding in May! I emailed AP, got a speedy reply, and have emailed my kids to get a headcount. Thanks for the Q that pushed me to get this done, Kathryn.

Next:
- payroll prep
- go to payroll around 2:45
- home around 6; start the dinner project (cooking, eating, cleaning up)

Trying to drink water. . . .

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:43 pm

Nancy: I'm so sorry you lost that hen. Hank is a killer now. Deal with him accordingly. Especially with the little children you have in your care.

The vacuuming is done (not sure if I reported this.) I had lunch at home, pulling something from the freezer and heating that up while I worked. I will mop floors now and then go for a walk outside. Sunny and warmish, a winning combination.

I keep refreshing the fitbit forums but have now given up hope since this is from their official rep:

We aren't planning to revert to the old sleep page, but as I mentioned in the lead post of this thread, the team is very interested in further developing this new platform to incorporate those requests.

In other words, we broke your sleep trackers and we will/can not fix them by reversing what we did to break them. We will possibly, maybe, sometime in the future, make them work again but for now, they will not work as they did up until Saturday night when we broke them.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:50 pm

I did ex. On gazelle today.
I have had lunch.
The pet group knows about the hen.
Photos taken.
Cheese wrap was yummy.

Kitchen & dining room swept rugs shook out.
10 hens fed.
Laundry going.
Rain & flood watch is in effect till Fri. Here.
Thanks Harriet for the input hens are in tiday tillmlike 45 min. Before sunset and that will be supervised range time by me.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Just came back from the post office. Mailed dh's good fire jacket, a hooded sweatshirt and his hearing aid paraphernalia and some $$ that he had in his jacket. $18.50 later and I still have more things to send to him. :roll: The hearing aid batteries he got fairly cheaply from the manufacturer are now expensive.

Got the dishes done up and swiffed the guest bathroom. Want to vacuum the living room yet before dd gets home or in that time period. Have to straighten our room a bit. Probably have 5 minutes work in our bathroom....make that 10, have to mop in there.

Extended our change of address another 6 weeks while I was at the post office. Received notification last week that they will only do 6 months and my end period of forwarding goes for another month past that. So asked for a change of address form but happened to mention it was actually an extension, "Oh, that requires a different form". He filled it out for me right there, so that's done. The people at this post office are always so nice!

I had ordered a book for my K indle last week. As I read it, I kept thinking, "I think I've read this before". Well, it was the same as a book I have with a slight difference in the title. I just went and requested a refund for said book. I'll see if that really happens. Usually they'll tell me if I've already ordered a book before.

Think I'll go read a bit and then work some more. Have veggie lasagna to put in the oven in about 45 minutes.

Dh called me earlier this afternoon from the center in New Windsor, MD where he took the bandages. I'm sure he's well up in PA by now. We'll see in a little while. He plans to drive through to home tonight. If he gets to Harrisburg it's only about 5 or 6 more hours I think.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Dee, here is the email I sent to ds (and dd18), along with the photo plus the actual caption that had accompanied it:

Okay, (ds), I have never been jealous until now. Next time you save a cat, you call out for a camera that very minute. You just tell the cat's owner that you're sorry, but your mother needs a picture, because all the OTHER mothers get to have one, and so they'll just have to wait. And another thing... how come A gets to keep so much hair?

((Nancy)), that's the saddest thing. Besides how this makes you FEEL, she did have a $ worth. Can you demand the money she might have been worth, in order to get attention to this problem and show it can't go on? I'd have paid you $6.00 dollars for her, because that's what I'd have to pay others for an older layer. You can tell anybody your expert friend Harriet set her value at $6.00.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm

LOL, Harriet!

I'm back from walking to store and buying lettuce, chocolate (on sale) and cucumbers. Put my paycheque from Sunday in the bank. Took out some cash. Picked up the mail on the way up. We still only have 2 elevators. Just a different two.

I'm having some tea and protein bar now. Was starving. I'm eating really low calorie today and my tummy is aching a bit as a result.

By the end of the day I'll have 2x the steps of yesterday but that doesn't mean much since I'll still be way short of my 10K.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Slept maybe 3 hrs last night.
I'm hoping a neighbour removed a sheet of roofing from over a stormwater grate. ....
Just took a walk around yard. I think the metal is still there, with singapore daisy growing all over it.
But atm there is a gap for water to enter. silly woman - her basement room is so easily and often flooded.
Anyway hoping for the best - is that good enough?
rain is varying in intensity.
I put the radio on last night The from 2am announce soon had me sleeping.

I'm going back to bed and hope for a few more zzzzzzz to come my way.

I'm so sorry Nancy - your hens are part of the family.
My family would have likely used your neighbour's solution if the dog was annoying livestock, including hens when he had those.
I know my DM has put a hard word on the owner of 'pets' allowed to be on the loose and set about to worry cattle.

waving to Kathryn. and y'all. prayers for you and yours.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Stay dry, Lynlee. And nap well.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Living in town it is different than being on farm things are mote complicated it seems. Waiting on the bus. Last load of laundry waiting for a turn in the dryer.

U tube saved me ten to twenty $ on a book I was considering will not need that how to now. :mrgreen:

Just one here today kidN less stressful a good thing dgd went to book fair.
Last load in the dryer now.

Drew a rip drawing of Blackie the hen. Very therapeutic!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Love the note, Harriet. Just found another picture of DS-A with a front view and another firefighter walking away from the fire with another kitty. Good question on the hair. Although dh still has all his and his older brother has most of his. Good genes for hair I guess. So how come I don't get to keep much of my own?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”