Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thursday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:06 am

Make what you will out of the day. Post when you can.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:11 am

I'm trying to wake up here. Dh was up at 4:50 (or before, I heard him leave but didn't hear the alarm) and I woke up just after 6:30 and decided I was awake.

I'm slow moving though and am not dressed. Dh may or may not be going back to bed so the bed is half made and my clothes for the day are out of the bedroom so I won't disturb his if he does.

His conference call just ended and he can't decide if he needs more sleep or not. I've sent him back to listen to the news and decide at that point if he wants to sleep more.

This afternoon he has a cardiologist appointment so I'll drive him to that, then do Costco and pick him up. Efficient use of the car (they are just a mile away from each other), avoiding parking fees (although that can be done by parking in a nearby neighbourhood and walking), and my getting out of the house and my errand run.

I need to start scanning now. It occurs to me that the shredding company is another half mile beyond the Costco so we could load up three boxes and get those done. I can't recall if there is just a per box charge or if there is a drop-off fee as well.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:15 am

Good thought, Kathryn.

I was up VERY early (for me) -well before 6A.M. Chatted with dd for a bit. She had a deadline for their yearbook yesterday and her final submission was at 11:45p.m. To her credit, she's not an "11th hour" person by any means, she had no cameras or computers to work with through the year. As her contact said, the learning curve for all the software was huge. Luckily dd had had experience with photo shop and computers galore. She's learned a lot for next year. She had people coming to her as late as yesterday asking if they could take/submit more pictures. Uh.....NO.

My db/dsisil are picking me up around 11:15 this morning to go to dcousin's in Haines City. DD is going to pick me up after work so db doesn't have to come all the way back here. (He lives in Homosassa Springs). Haven't seen them at all this winter. Had planned to go spend a weekend the week after my heart attack. Of course that didn't happen. Had dd take my car today. It'll be easier for me getting in anyway and I won't need it today.

Off to s2s, meds and breakfast. DD and I mopped the kitchen floor this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:56 am

Good morning everyone!

We're scurrying around trying to get things done while DH is in the office for a couple hours. Helper had other place to be today until this afternoon.

What new thing are you learning today? I just learned if I look at my downloads, and click on one and say to delete, it deletes the whole blame history of downloads so I lost a whole lot of stuff I wanted to keep. :shock: sigh...guess I'll just download things again one at a time as I need them and hopefully can resurrect it all. Tax payment due pretty soon, I was working on that. Yesterday I got monthly stuff done except for 1 check and quarterly reports.

My big tada so far: I broom swept the long hallway. Everyday I've been walking past enough stuff to make a small bunny...maybe a large bunny... in it's own field of sand... so that's all done now.

Hopefully today will go better for us... and for everybody here!

Great job with the shredding, Kathryn. We bought another to replace the broken one, but I'm careful with it, it's a page or two at a time now. Someday we are going to have a HUGE bonfire!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

good morning!
well done on the sweeping d harmony
that kitchen floor looks spiffy d dee
best of luck on dh's cardiac visit d kathryn

I am supposed to have coffee with d friend but really feel like staying home to get things done
but I won't cancel

have a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am

I had a fairly productive day yesterday - groceries, took a couple of family photos to be restored and enlarged. (For one he will take an onlooker out of a window in the background, the other will take out people in the middle to do a better "photo" of dh's grandparents) Also bought new Tevas (replaced those chewed last summer/fall), went to Tar-jay and Michaels. By the time I got home and put away perishables, dfriend down the street checked in and we visited - she's going off to Nash vegas to help out her sister, who just had surgery.

We are visiting dh's dcousin - a first cousin - for Passover in NY. One of the pictures will be framed as a gift for them - it is dcousin's father (dh's uncle, who was born 1917) as a child, dcousin's grandparents and great grandparents together. I hope dcousin is pleased - he grew up with no knowledge of his father's family - maybe there was some kind of rift or issue after duncle divorced first wife and remarried. Second wife was the mother of this cousin.

After visiting w dfriend, dh and I went out to dinner - just the two of us.

Today I need to do the usual visit to dmom. I took out pork chops yesterday to thaw so will do those for supper tonight. I have a list of home stuff I didn't get to yesterday so I hope to knock some of that off today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 am

Hi!

Took the time to do an inventory on the large chest freezer out in the garage yesterday. There is enough meat and fish to make more than 50 meals. :shock: Told dh that last night while we were eating supper. He said he wasn't surprised. We have a whole turkey out there, along with a whole chicken, and entire pork loin and lots and lots of meal sized packages of ground meat and chicken. I was sort of shocked at all of it actually. No wonder dh loves his foodsaver. I told him that we are eating from the freezer for a while.

Today I have some banking to do after stitching at a friend's.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am

-breakfast and meds
-start a lol
-make the bed
-get cleaned up, into clothes, teeth brushed etc.
-empty dishwasher, clear kitchen counters
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 am

I am so very happy to have a fresh day. A fresh start. A fresh plan.

I told DS8 this morning that we were going to reboot the day if needed. Two minutes later he talked back to me so I sent him back to bed to start the day again. He thought that was great fun. He got out of bed the second time focusing on his words & attitude.

I don't want DS8 to miss the experience of the dance tonight. The elementary dance only occurs once a year so it is a topic of conversation for the next year. I do want DS8 to feel good about himself and I know how important clothes are to young people (older people too!). The mall doesn't open until 10am so I don't have time to get him new clothes so I asked DH if he would go to town and get the shirt DS8 picked out yesterday. I told DH the size, color, price & location the shirt can be found in the mall. DS8 will only have a new shirt instead of a completely new outfit for the dance but I think that will be enough to boost his "I am looking good" mindset. It is the best I can do.

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 148
**Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning - 4 Bathrooms
** 7:30 DD here to see DGD5 and take her to school
** 11:15 eat lunch with DS8 friends at school
** 1130 DS8 play with friends at school
** 12:15 DS8 to speech Therapy at school
** Noon - 2:30pm Volunteer at school
** 1:00pm - DH will pick DS8 up at school and take him to get new shirt
** 2:30 - 4pm - Decorate for the elementary dance
** 5-7pm - Elementary Dance

B: Egg & Vegetables (oatmeal & bananas)
L: Eat at school (salad bar)
D: Chicken Nuggets & Potato Logs
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am

I can paint rocks with plant names on them :mrgreen: making progress on the buckets of rocks we had here yea!

I need to journal & qt.
Hens & chicks are fine I have fed them.

No kids here today.

Return to “Post When You Can”