Friday Footprints

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Friday Footprints

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

I have enjoyed a slower paced afternoon today. I did monitor DS8 & DGD5 outside playing but it required minimum effort from me since DH and 2 other adults were building fence nearby where they were playing. The kids played 7 straight hours! They drank water frequently but they didn't want to stop for lunch. I told them that lunch was ready when they were ready to eat. They didn't stop playing and eat lunch until 4pm! It was a rare day when the neighborhood children were all well mannered and no one got into trouble a single time! That may be a world record! I made them a batch of brownies to celebrate it.

I spent several hours today on/off decluttering & organizing DS8 school desk. The desk drawers had become stuffed full of "stuff". I separated pencils into 3 containers (mechanical, sharpened pencils & new pencils). Then 4 shoe box size containers for dry erase markers, washable markers, crayons, 3 sizes & styles of erasers, I would guess there were over 500 items in these categories. I went through the papers and either threw away or neatly organized. I am glad to have this accomplished. One of the most frequent daily distractions for DS8 is finding a sharpened pencil. Now that is not going to happen! There are PLENTY of pencils sharpened & neatly organized for him to use immediately
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Meant to tell you in J&C, LucyLee, that when I had my angiogram they put the bed up slightly for my head and put something under my knees. Tons better than the first time years ago. I was really quite comfortable.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:21 pm

I've scanned another year's records.

Then dh came to me asking for the records for a specific client in 2008 & 09. The next box for me to do is client records but it wasn't there. It was in the filing cabinet under current clients. When we moved, we put all the completed client files in an archive box but put the current customers in the filing cabinet. There are so few of them and the lighting is so poor in the office, he didn't realize the files were in the drawer next to his desk.

I spent 45 minutes on the treadmill but that might have been a mistake. I am feeling quite ill at the moment back to GI upset. I did get another 3 glasses of water consumed though. So that is good.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi everyone! They turned the new filter back on at payroll, so no more daytime access to the SHE site for me. I spent the payroll day investigating a bug and sending my findings, in a meeting where I tried to convey to the customers a future problem we want to prevent, and consolidating my list of change requests. Tomorrow is my employee evaluation. Yuck. But I will probably do ok. Today was payday, but it is already spent pretty much.

After payroll, I went to the grocery store, mostly to pick up my freebies to put in the donation bin at church Sunday. However, one of the freebies was a bagel, which became dinner. I spent a lot of time on my files and some on LR cleanup. All that remains to do tonight is get setup for tomorrow and shower. The setup will include 4 cat crates because the new one is going. I will once again provide more than half the clinic. I still have not heard from my newly diagnosed friend.

Tomorrow, I will be getting my duplicate car key so I will not have the fiasco I had before. I hope there is also time to go to knit/crochet, but there may not be.

I am going to the computer jigsaw site next, but will try not to stay too long. I am tired.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm

The we are back from dinner. I fIlled the water bottles. Laundry is going now last load now in the dryer.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:01 am

Saturday CI
Last night's tree people were electricity workers
They just cleared enough road to get their vehicle in, pulled down the broken pole, then left.
Today we could get out cars out.
Tai chi Changed mob ph a bit there.

Ald ies for a gas burner of my own. Also a tarp and picnic rug.
F & v
Gas for the burner, and found a pair of cotton trousers and a blouse that aren't ancient. Most of my clothes are 10 year plus.

Neighbour with power has just run a lead over for fridge etc. Charging things now.
Kathryn my car is 20 yo and not talking to my ph.
One ancient ph had a car adapter but this is a whole other beast.

Going for a nap. I might run an extension lead to afan. Still hot here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:57 am

No -- Kathryn -- arteriogram will be done later, and elsewhere. Right now, just concentrating on getting the fluid off.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”