April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

Postby Lilac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:53 pm

blessed I think it was you I heard playing the harmonica earlier and you are sounding great. :) :) You are such a blessing to our board.

Not to leave anyone out, I think each of you are a blessing to this board and I am so happy to have all of you as dear friends.

When we got to the movie, 30 minutes early, there wasn't a line for tickets, but long lines for concessions. Dd2 sent dgs11 and the 2 little girls to save us seats. He did a great job, got us on the top row in the middle. As long as B eauty and the Beast has been here, I figured that everyone was there to see the new kids movie, Boss Baby. I figured wrong, our theater was almost full. I enjoyed the movie and for all the talk of a scene with 2 guys kissing, I didn't see anything like that at all.

After I got home, dd1 stopped by to get folding chairs.

Dh is finally taking a shower. This cold and rain, has his back and knees hurting badly. I am sure he will not be able to hang with us for games and will come on home. Either I will bring him home or have someone drop me off later.

I hope this evening goes well. Dd1s dh doesn't have a lot of patience for dd2s noisy bunch. He doesn't say anything but you can see it on his face. Dgs23 is so excited to have everyone together for his birthday. Since he has been in college not a lot has been done for his birthday and I think dd1 realizes that they have catered to dgd20 and dgs23 just gets the leftovers. Although he would never complain.

Guess I better get ready to head to dd1s.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:04 pm

lol d lilac that's very sweet... but lol my younger dog begs to go outside or tries to jump on me 8-) :lol:

heading out soon... have a great evening!

many bills paid
letters written that I had put off
french done and more to do, I was supposed to talk to my cousin but she must have forgotten.. it is a saturday night (7hours ahead and she is young :D )
I did write my other cousin who is trying to learn french as well - she is so far ahead then me with speaking.

dd younger bought herself a drone for photography ... very complex to me.

I was told not to visit main tourist areas in France especially when the alerts are on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Lady M I am scanning to pdf because I don't think I will ever have to use the documents. But I have an OCR convertor if necessary.

At the pub for dinner. Had a nice afternoon with the NFs. Got their bank account fees reduced by 2/3. Need to book another appointment to set up a education account for the girls.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:18 pm

I have started my Sabbath. I try to do as little as possible for 24 hours. Some weeks are better than others.

The roadrunner just came to the door again. It scratches the glass of the door repeatedly and usually stays at the door about a minute. It has been coming to our front door for the past 10 days or so. Our storm door is full glass and we are guessing that the roadrunner sees its reflection and thinks it is another roadrunner. It always has some sort of food in its mouth so we think it is a male roadrunner looking for a mate by bringing "gifts". The gift is different every day. I've seen a bring a lizard, a big bug and a toad. I posted a video of the roadrunner at our door on FB a few days ago. Several people encouraged me to open the door and let the roadrunner in. Not going to happen!! Roadrunners are fast and fearless. They will attack a rattlesnake and win!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:35 pm

I did a rock with cotton candy painted on it. In honor of the co. Fair this mo. it turned out well. Game is on. Glad I opted for pizza, h said he would grill but they were out of bricketts, and it rained.

The game is on ...we won. Walked the dog. Dson stopped by for a bit. Next game is on now. Dinner is in the oven.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Home from the pub. Desperately trying to make up being sedentary until 3 today so on the treadmill.

We walked to dinner and home would have had me up to 6K steps. Still 4K short. Dh was too tired to walk. Ran into a member of the walking club staggering home from a wine-fueled dinner and she and I walked. I'm still 1600 steps but she's in her high 80s and was tipsy so she did great to manage 2400 steps!

Today is month end and year end for the company. As well, it is our 20th anniversary. Woot! Dh just worked out our average annual sales over those 20 years. Our current sales are just 10% of our average and have been for 2 years in a row. So that means that average will just keep dropping lower and lower in the years to come.

Over dinner I saw the facebook post from dd announcing dgs' first tooth. So that accomplishment is done!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:42 pm

good night all! home from dinner out with dd's

finished my letters and cards and stopped by post office
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Took my car to the dealership this afternoon and there it will stay until they finish 'repairing' it -whatever that takes. It's using way too much oil, especially for a fairly new car. Probability is that they'll be putting a new engine in it. So I expect to be without it for probably near 2 weeks. I guess the warranty will give me 10 days car rental but we'll wait on that as long as we can so it'll stretch toward the end of their having my car.

I am really tired. Barely slept last night and not a whole lot the night before. Not even sure about church tomorrow. I'll see how I am in the morning. I'm trying hard not to push it. My mind thinks I'm taking too long to recover -it's been a little over 10 weeks. But then I try to remember that it usually takes me a good 5 weeks to recover from a simple cold. I'm never fast in the recovery zone.

DD and dsonil went to Haines City to B ooks a Million. Expect they'll be back soon.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Happy anniversary, K&K.

LadyM, DH guessed wrong, he said 5 lbs for 100 count. He says HD usually carries them. His way of figuring things is to count what he needs except for bag goods like concrete or drywall mud. Then if he's not sure he gets extra and leaves what's left on the kitchen counter for me to take back. :roll: Extra bag goods go into buckets to be used next time. At any given time we could open a store out of the shop and kitchen.

I got kitchen, hallway, laundry room vacuumed, mopped and rinsed, including pulling the 6 kitchen chair out of there first. What a difference.

Worked so hard today I slept for 1 1/2 hours on the couch. Woke up to get DH a bowl of chili before I went back to sleep. DWash. is running now.

Took DH to our barber shop. Done with that for a month.

Dee, what kind of car did you get? Whatever kind it is I'm putting it on a list not to buy!

There's still lots more to do around here, but it sure looks better.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Happy ann K & K.

Return to “Post When You Can”