April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 am

he used to always wake me if he couldn't find something or wanted to know something about a bill etc. So that he could go to sleep with nothing on his mind lucky he is still alive
Right on, Blessedw2! :roll: I'm sure he slept....and me?.....not so much!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 am

I know d dee.. it used to drive me crazy... lol I think he knows better now but he still tries it every so often lol
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am

ready to get back to work... hope I can check in during the day..

goal:
round robin through house and yard

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:39 am

Blessedw2 - I don't say this enough but I just wanted to stop and say......I just love reading your post. Things that are normal to you are new to me. Today I learned what belle-soeure meant.

Last night the kids were building forts (again!). DGD5 took the cushions off the couch in the sunroom to use in the fort building process. Then she decided to jump on the couch. She knows jumping on the furniture is not allowed. I can only guess she thought the rule didn't apply when the cushions were off? I was 10' away in the kitchen and didn't see it happen. ANYway, apparently she was trying to jump like she does on the trampoline and came down on her knees. DGD5 shin met with the couch frame (no padding) which resulted in a major owie. A place on the shin immediately swelled up and I wondered if she broke her leg. I took pictures and sent to DD. The rest of the night DGD5 hopped on one foot because she said she couldn't walk on her leg. Fast forward to this morning. DGD5 got out of bed and walked normally to get her morning snuggle from me. Then we made blueberry waffles together. All this time DGD% didn't mention her leg and was walking normally. After breakfast, I asked DGD5 how her leg was. She looked at me and said "my leg?". I reminded her about yesterday owie. She looked at her leg and decided she was not able to walk on it anymore and started hopping on one leg. I was truly concerned last night but this morning actions proved she was being a little drama queen. BUSTED!!

DD came and got DGD5 this morning. When DD walked in the front door, DGD5 took off running and hid in a bedroom. DGD5 argued with DD that she didn't want to go with her. DGD5 told DD to go back to work and was pushing her away. I was in the kitchen and stayed out of the argument.

Having only one child to care for seems like a breeze. There is a good side to everything.

My plans for today include -
** An hour or two of homeschool until neighborhood kids are out playing. We have been really low on book work this week.
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Go to the annual plant sale at my favorite garden shop.
** continue designing layout for new raised bed garden. I have the basic design in my head but need to get it down on paper and start making a list of materials.

B: Egg & Vegetables (Blueberry waffles & banana)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, ham & cheese sandwiches
D: Pizza and Ice Cream Cone
Prep Ahead: Blue & Gold Sausage into 2oz portions for the freezer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:48 am

I'm confessed the April Fools joke. I thought dd was getting suspicious asking all sorts of questions about the process but it turns out she was jealous that I had coloured my hair the colour she wanted to do hers. So I responded to her FB about it by offering to loan her my hair and posted of pic of me holding the wig!

Her response was posting this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
over several posts!

I got her good!

Everyone else was supportive, especially my hair stylist.

Having done nothing else today, I shall go get my drinks and come up with a plan to be slightly productive.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:00 am

Lol @ k in c hair joke!

I am up had coffee & granola bar for bfast bs was acceptwable.
Today there is a walk a thon fo MS - so I will take a diff route to do my shopping. No foolin'.

Hens have been fed. Dog is up needs fed has been out to pee is "helping" h sleep in till I called her to look out the window just saw a couple squirrels running up the tree one fell out do not see that every day. It sat there fir a while then went one with life.

H wants to grill I am out of grilling stuff including bricketts sp? store run before lunch. Good news coupon is good for a yr. I think by 1 get 1 on the soft taco we like yea!

Re thinking hiding rocks dgd can do that next week.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:24 am

Today DS8 starts learning oz, cups, pints, quarts and gallon. I have gathered 4 visual props for him = 1 cup measuring cup , 2 cup (pint), 4 cup (quart) and an empty gallon jug labeled for him to hold & use as he solves the math problems. He is not grasping the concept AT ALL even though the answer is right in front of him. I suspect understanding the relationship between these measurements might take DS8 several sessions. That's okay.

While DS8 is working on his math problems, I added daily pages in OneNote for April. I continue to absolutely love keeping journal & notes this way. Everyone is different and I use different methods at different times in my life, but it makes me very happy to discover what is working for me at this time in my life. I like reading what I was doing this day in the past years. I just read my daily notes from 2007 and found I made the switch from SHE 3x5" cards to ListPro. I love love LOVED using Listpro software. Unfortunately it isn't available on Android and I have never found a software that matches it. Also in my notes of 10 years ago today, I was babysitting DGS10 and he was just learning to roll over. Good memories.

I found that I like having a list in OneNote of unique events that are coming up. I started doing this a couple months ago and discovered it help my mind relax. Before I started doing this, I would know the events are coming up and kept thinking about them so I wouldn't forget. I know that doesn't make sense. The events were on my Google calendar but because I couldn’t see them as a group I kept wondering if I was missing one or forgot to put it on the calendar. I kept checking to make sure. Having the unique events together as a list lets my mind relax. There are 13 unique events for April.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:08 pm

My house is completely cleaned and organized now. All the zone work is done. Yeah, that's April Fools for sure. I am working on it.

Yesterday stopped for shopping therapy, just not wanting to come home from picking up the blueprints, and wouldn't you know I couldn't get the car in gear. Gear shift (automatic) felt like it was slipping and wouldn't go into drive. Got it in reverse, then into drive which didn't look like drive, looked mostly like 2nd gear. But I limped home, watching the tach and feeling the shifting, which all seemed normal.

DH discovers a bolt by the gas pedal. We take the plastic stuff low under the dashboard off and he maneuvers under there and figures out where the bolt goes, and tightens another right by it and car is now ok again. I am very thankful it wasn't the transmission. We've decided it's not worth fixing anything major on this old car.

Last eve. helped him unload truck then we were welding / torching new metal lumber rack support to replace one lost...we think guy who borrowed it just dumped it in landfill with his junk. :evil:

Hoping Lucylee is getting some rest.

I cleaned up/organized 1 master closet. I cleaned a bunch of the laundry room. Took washer soap dispenser apart and cleaned, also all the woodwork and door. That's our dirtiest room most times.

Oh well, more to do.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:13 pm

lady I feel the same way about you! :D I love watching you teach your dson8! very cool!

hello d harmony oh my goodness you made me smile - great job on closet and laundry room

yes d nancy... normally you don't see a squirrel fall out of a tree! our d dogs are old now around 12 and they want to keep up with the squirrels but can't - the lab/shepherd used to catch them :shock: with a lot of me yelling to have her release said creature... she would look at me confused. lol

lol d kathryn!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:19 pm

so far emptied dishes and put new dirty dishes in dishwasher... I think my dishwasher is ready to scream uncle
I also did a lot of texting this morning ... interacting instead of acting

I have been using youtube for french... free lessons from French with alexa
i also ordered her lessons for a year ... not too bad $89 which I like

Return to “Post When You Can”