April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: April 1, no fooling, just PWYC!

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:26 pm

We have a really quiet weekend going today. We had Shabbas dinner last night - a good time but exhausting people. At one point I think there were three conversations going across the table with only seven people! Probably to recover, I slept until almost 11 this morning.

Dh and dd are bickering.

Going down the genealogy rabbit hole.

Glad that Lynlee has power back.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Dd2 had intended to have the house ready to show by last night, but..........................

Tuesday and Wednesday we had a combined total of 2" of rain. Thursday morning dd2 happened to go into dgs13 downstairs bedroom and the window well had leaked. The laminate flooring was curling at the seams and the wall under the window well had a bubble in a seam of the dry wall that ran all the way to the floor. The window well cover to that window had broken. Their friend and neighbor at that house is a contractor, so they had him look at it. He helped them take up all the laminate flooring and under-layment and the carpet and padding in the closet. They also took off the sheet rock tape on the bubbly seam. They had 1 fan still at the house and I took over 3 more to dry everything out. They are having new carpet installed in the bedroom and walk-in closet on Tuesday. The fans are still running.

Thursday I planned to work at the house all day. Dd2 and dgd20 were going to a town 50 miles away so dd2 could get another social security card. She had lost hers again and needs it to get her passport for their cruise. They asked me to go but I had a drs. appt on Friday and knew I wouldn't get much done that day. Dd2 didn't want me working if she wasn't but I wanted to get as much done as possible. Dh had worked at the house the previous week but his right knee had swelled up on him and his back was bothering him so he finally gave in and went to the chiropractor on Tuesday for a decompression treatment. He will be going weekly until they get him squared away and then it will be bi-weekly, then monthly. Dh still needed to sand the downstairs doorway to the stairwell, repaint it and re-install the trim plus paint the ceiling just inside the stairwell floor area. So he went over with me after lunch on Thursday. Now he is done over there unless they want him to tape, mud and sand the drywall seam. Dh had intended to put baseboard in the entry closet and the washer/dryer closet, but after he was hurting he felt like she had bought it without any, so he didn't feel like messing with it. I'm not arguing the point. He finished what he had started.

When dh and I were done on Thursday we gathered up all the things we had taken over there and I made 3 trips getting everything home. Dd2 wants to get everything out of the house so we/she can clean, so I decided if all of our stuff was out of there, she could see what she needed to get out of there. This whole time I have been helping her, I drag my trusty Kirby home with me and take it back. I promised my Kirby that after we get done with her house, we are done helping her with moves. I am hoping they stay put in that wonderful house for many years to come. I told dh that it is no wonder dd2 has moved every 2-3 years because dm cleans the house she is moving in to and then cleans the house she moved out of. So every 2-3 years she has a deep cleaned house out of the deal. The only exception is I did nothing to clean the house they moved to and I can't imagine cleaning the almost 9000 sq ft of 3 levels that is now their home.

Well dd2 just called to see if I wanted to see B eauty and the B east with them this afternoon at 1:30, so I better hit the shower. Tonight we are all going to dd1s for pizza, cake, ice cream and games for dgs23's birthday. His birthday was yesterday and I can't believe he is 23.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:27 pm

Finished scanning the box for this week. Found the receipt from 2004 for our printer. Won't shred that, the printer is still going strong. Probably the best $500 I've ever spent on technology.

For now, I'm done scanning fiscal years. I need to keep 7 years back on hand so the rest of the years will be scanned and shredded, one at a time. The work will get less and less as time goes on since about 70% of our receipts now are electronic. I'll have to print them all to pdf though, to save with the rest of the scanned documents. So actually, my work is not near done on this project and things won't get easier.

Will make myself some lunch now. Dh isn't back from his walk yet.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Lilac, you sure are working hard. What ever would your DD do without you? It is a shame though that she won't be close any more.

I am still working away. It is so bad around here that I actually had tears. I didn't even know where to start, it's overwhelming. I never get like this. Dirty yes, overwhelmed no.

Changed filters in the dratted vacuum. Washed off and emptied the plastic part that collects stuff on the little sweeper. Did some more in the laundry room. Working in the kitchen now, toaster cleaned, counters all but one done. Some of the throw rugs shook outside. PUPA as I go along.

Glad Lynlee has power again, especially so that refrigerator is running again.

I made a pot of chilli, simmering on the stove.

Ok, BBL.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:08 pm

hi d lilac
hi d harmony
hi d kathryn
hi d twins

harmonica done
mini's in laundry room
mini in front hall
mini in front room
dh cleaned out my car a bit
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:48 pm

I cleaned out some of my car too. Shined up the outside windshield, it was all smeary.

Counters finally done in kitchen, snack bar done - big PUPA there - up on ladder to do top frame of microwave and 2 cabinets over that. They get awful. I had to use 3 different cleaners and rinsing. We vent to the outside; I can't imagine how bad it would be if we didn't at least do that.

Couple windowsills done. Emptied cooler, set in sun to dry. Few more throw rugs shook out.
I shouldn't get so tired or lazy or down in the dumps that I let things go this bad. I used to have enough energy to clean whole entire house in part of one day, plus starting food, changing sheets etc. for company coming. I'd never be able to do that these days.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:56 pm

look at that car!!! yay d harmony

I am loosing focus .... loosing focus... loosing ... oh look a butterfly
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Errands done. Dish washer just finished.
Lunch is over.
Hens have been fed.
I use the hoe got a sm bucket of weeds from front yd, hens were happily munching them soon after.
Waiting for the game ~ I need to clean out the jeep mean while. X
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:33 pm

I scratched off going to plant sale. It just didn't seem like it would be a fun thing to do in a thunderstorm with lots of lightning. Thunderstorms means my dog becomes a big ole 70 lb scaredy-cat that will destroy anything in order to get close me.

DH work on the fence has halted because he ran out of screws. He would have had to stop anyway because of the storm, but he doesn't like to be unprepared. He went to town looking for screws he wanted and tried all the big box, lumber, and hardware stores without any success. I have looked online and found some #14 3/8" hex head 1.5" self-tapping screws for him but I don't know how many screws there are in a lb. DH said he needs 14 lbs but I'm just finding them sold in boxes of 100 screws. Harmony & Elizabeth would have this solved in 2 seconds. Okay, I just used google to discover 100 screws of this type weigh 1.2 lbs. Buying 14 lbs of them would be 11.6 boxes so I need to order 1200 screws. I think. Maybe.

I have designed my raised garden beds. Each bed will require 78 blocks (16"x8"). I think. Maybe.

It's a good thing I didn't decide to be an engineer. My strengths don't include design. I think. Maybe.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Kathryn - does your scanning software do OCR? Will your pdf's be OCR?

I am trying to remember the process I used when I scanned financial documents to PDF's. In 2015 I switched scanning financial data from PDF to OneNote. After doing it this way for 3 years I am fuzzy remembering other ways.

POTB for tackling this huge project.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”