MONDAY MOJO

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: MONDAY MOJO

Postby Sunny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:30 pm

I'm waiting for good news with you, Lucy! ******

We just got home from an errand at Sam's Club to pick up an RX refill for dh. We also got a rotisserie chicken for our supper and a bag of clementines. Lunch is made and I'm relaxing with my diet pop before I start in on Desk Day.

We had a nice weekend. Friday we hadn't heard from ds#2 in a couple of days so dh called to see how everyone was. He told us that Saturday, the first, was the Dunedin Highland Games and asked if we wanted to go. So we got there a little after noon; all the parking lots were filled, including the Art Center's handicapped parking. We ended up almost 1/2 mile down the street at a church that had just opened their lot (for a $10 donation) (Parking at the school & art center was $5). Anyway we had brought our lawn chairs and met dson by the band competition field and set up there. Ds and ddil are on the board of the Scottish Arts Foundation and ddil came along a told us she had made arrangements for us to sit at the VIP section (on the stage in the shade!). Those tickets were $60 each, but there was free food and drinks. She didn't have to pay the $$$, btw. It's nice to know people in high places! Anyway, we had a nice time. There were 17 bands competing, including a couple of middle and high schools, city bands and police bands. The furthest away was from Toronto, CA, New York, North Carolina and Texas. Since the weather was so good the turnout was excellent. The proceeds from entry tickets and vendors is split between the City and the high school. Both dgds' bands received awards, but not first place. Dgd15 placed 2nd or 3rd for her dancing.

Both dh and I got sunburned; me on my arms and cheeks and dh on his hands which are somewhat swollen. So he's using aloe gel to help with that. Ddil and ds were working so just checked on us once in a while. They had started at 7 am and were on the go the whole time. Around 5 pm ddil checked her step count and it was just over 20,000 steps! She slept good that night. They had to go back on Sunday morning to help tear down the fencing and vendor tents. Dh and I rested on Sunday.

Well, I didn't mean to write a book, just wanted to say hello! Hope everyone is having a good day! I'd better get going on my Desk Day!

******Oh, good news, Lucy. You both will be more relaxed at home!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

helia

Postby helia » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Glad you're going home, lucylee!! ((HUGS)) to you and Mr. lucylee.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Yay!!! for going home!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:59 pm

YEAH for being improved enough to be released from the hospital!!

We have done 4.5 hours of school. Taking a break.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Glad Lucylee is heading home!

I hope you can get some rest now.

Dh came back from the movie and we went out for lunch because it is a beautiful day. Practiced for Thursday when we got back (he picked up some more thumb picks for the autoharp while we were out.)

Just before we left we found a notice stuffed in our door.

The previous president of the RA has sent out a note saying it is obvious we need a tenant's association since the RA isn't doing anything. He recently had a meeting to put together a group to get the false alarms stopped so he's been back on my radar. I went to the meeting he had about that pointing out we don't do advocacy but we will help get the word out and will help anyone wanting to do advocacy to organize.

In his note he neglects to point out:

1) He was the president of the RA in the fall of 2015 and resigned
2) He came back to the RA to lead the rent review in January 2016. We didn't ask him to, we just asked for any info he had on the his fight in 2014. Instead, he offered to come back and we accepted.
3) He resigned again in February or March
4) He didn't come forward to lead the Rent Review once the money had been raised or make an impassioned argument to keep the money in place for the next fight. He was completely silent.
5) He didn't put himself forward to run president or any other position of the RA in Sept 2016 at the annual general meeting
6) He says he isn't trying to undermine the guy doing the rent review this year but he certainly isn't helping him by further splitting the residents
7) He says no advocacy is supported by the RA. Despite my consistently saying at all public meetings, including his about the alarms. FACT: the RA has offered the use of their mailing lists, to post notices in our bulletin board and as a drop site for donations. As well, people were sitting at our table and on our chairs at the meeting. The RA also offered to hold the funds raised during the last Rent Increase fight in our account In Trust until the people organized and were ready to open their own bank account.
8) It has been weeks and while we haven't had an alarm, nor have we heard a whisper from him reporting what actions he's taken.

Sigh... Another bit of my brain cycles going to this jackass today. Not what I needed.

I'm supposed to be writing up something for the refugee committee. We lost a founding member of the young adult group who is partnered with our church. His wife is Japanese and finally got her Canadian citizenship so could return home to see her parents. They all went together to introduce their toddler to his extended family there. Toddler got ill, has leukemia and is now too sick to travel so is staying there with mom while the dad has returned to shut down his life here and move back to Japan to be with his wife and child. Thankfully, since he was sponsoring his wife for citizenship when we started the process, he couldn't sponsor the refugees as well. Losing him doesn't mess up that paperwork. But it is still a loss to the group and a downer since he's friends with so many of the group. Ironically, the child is in Hiroshima, probably the best place in the world to have leukemia from a medical point of view.

I'm going to try and resent my brain and start writing. Still no idea what we'll have for supper. Maybe leftover pizza. Or fresh pizza.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm

d helia I liked seeing what mojo meant.. interesting ... I always thought it came from a Louisiana saying. I always look from where certain words come from and never knew that site existed.

d lucy... so so happy for your dh and you. Rest well dear one.

today I had breakfast with a dear out of state cousin, d mom and dd younger ... we had a three hour breakfast :D :D :D tons of fun.
Dd younger needed to buy some things for tomorrow as she is flying with my d mom to florida.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Sunny, sorry about the sunburn! Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time, though. Looking forward to similar Saturday soon. Have heard from dd37 that they can't go, from ds32 that they can, and from dd18 mixed possibilities - we'll have to see.

Kathryn, that's tough news to hear about the family with the sick child. Hope better news is forthcoming.

lucylee, hurray!

BabyC had to go to the dr because of a cough and I got a last-minute phone call from ddil and welcomed our green-eyed boy5 to stay with me. We made a get-well card (he put every letter of his greeting he'd asked me to write first onto the card, just not in any particular order - says it's a game to figure it out. Some is vertical.). We played cars and putt-putt-pool. (putt-putt billiards) They got back and the poor thing has an ear infection. So sorry. They got safely back to their house just before the bottom dropped out of a big rainstorm.

I've washed, dried and lightly ironed the fabric for the young man's sewing project, so that will be ready when he comes to work.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello dear ladies

Off to a good start here for Monday.

Got most of dailies done and did my weekly for Monday.

Weather is wonderful.

Got to help DH with paperwork

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Walked w dgd at Granite lake park, the grange, pre school park I forget the name, & one other on the dike, the dog did a little wading & Swollows park so got my exercise, she found a few rocks we hid a few. Waiting for the game go Zags!

She needed new laces for her skates so we got those.
H is home and the dog is helping him nap, hens are out I got 8 eggs yesterday, 4 today. We went to lunch they messed up our order 2x a new kid today. I ordered chicken got beef sigh ok well. Dgd lost some of her spending $ h said to see if she has a hole in her pocket. So we need to do that. I mended a hole in my pocket for my chore coat glad to have that done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Long evening.

Got 2 hours solid of writing done before dinner. The majority of what I want to say about sponsoring a refugee. Had a reason to open the email with the pictures of the 4 kids and their names and sized (to figure out how many car seats we need) and it was a wonderful reminder of what I have to look forward to. In a way I hope I'm not as responsible for these people as I am for the NFs. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to expanding my family circle even more. They passed the medicals so all that is left is their security clearance. I'm figuring they'll be here by September for sure but as early as May.

Had a quick dinner and then my RA meeting. We drafted a letter to our members about the note that went out and had a good meeting otherwise.

After, I wrote up the letter and printed off 40 copies to be hand delivered. Another 120 went out by email. Dropbox crashed my open office again. It is a combination of dropbox, open office and a large amount of spreadsheet data on my clipboard. Once it happens, I can only shut all the windows and lose any unsaved work. Since I haven't been able to send emails from my RA persona in my email since I went to two-step verification for my google account, I ended up making yet another gmail account only for the RA email. Bonus, with that I can send all 120 emails at once, instead of in 3 batches.

I also emailed the poor guy who has started the rent review work because this note cuts him out of the process as well. He won't be angry at the note, just hurt because he'll feel someone thought he was doing a bad job. I can't believe the buffoon thought it was OK to step all over the work this guy has done already and try to undercut his efforts. If people sign up for an advocacy group they won't donate to the other guy's attempt to hire a lawyer. We'll see what happens but what the buffoon did was really mean.

Fitbit is still not releasing our sleep data so we will wait for more news from the rep who is monitoring the now 600 posts in the one thread about the loss of functionality of our trackers. I've read all 600 plus another 100 in a thread I started. That's another huge time waste for me.

Anyway, well past bedtime so I'm off to bed now.

Return to “Post When You Can”