MONDAY MOJO

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MOJO

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:52 am

Got your "mojo" on? Mine is beginning to build a little. Took thyroid med about 6:50, then s2s and made the bed. All sorts of things I want to accomplish are swimming in my head -need to get them OMM and written down. I've been cleaning out our closet and making great headway. I also had a couple of suitcases that were packed for the move (mostly with too small clothes -but now I'm shrinking and hope at least some of them will fit before I head north in June). Got all those clothes put away and hung. Going to move the hanging ones to the office closet today to give me a little more room in our closet. I'll take them from the office as they begin to fit.

Decent sleep last night. I'm almost glad for a couple of days with no car. I won't have to go ANYWHERE. Like that once in a while -I'm not sure why it feels almost 'freeing' not to have a car. If the dealership is keeping it more than a couple of days (i.e. the engine has to be replaced) I'll get a rental but will hold off as long as possible. Have 10 days of rental free with the engine change.

Off to breakfast. Would like to get out for at least a short walk before it gets too warm/sunny.

DD has free tickets (good ones!) to the Tampa Bay Rays vs. Yankees game tomorrow night. She's trying to find someone to go with her. I'd go but I'm quite sure it would be a bit much for me yet. She had texted dsisil's nephew ( a huge Yankees fan) a few days ago. By the time he got her message he'd already bought tickets. He would have gone in a heartbeat. She'll probably have more opportunity for him next month if he chooses to go. Think her seats this time are just a few rows up on the first base line. Anyone want to go? :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Re: MONDAY MOJO

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:10 am

I always thought mojo was a slang for motivation. When I looked it up I found.... The definition of MOJO is "Sex appeal" or "Charm, spell".
Who gets to decide these things? IMHO my definition makes more sense.

So my Monday begins. :) Actually, my Monday began 4 hours ago. I woke up at 3am and was ready to start my day. Felt fully rested and had no interest in staying in bed. THANKfully after analyzing my sleep pattern from last month, I'm not concerned about short night sleep. It seems to be the way my body operates.

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 150
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Kitchen, Living Room, Pantry Weekly declutter/deep cleaning
** A-river txt said a package was delivered. Where is it? Double check all delivery points and follow up.
** Dr Rick is making a house call on our ailing lawn mower
** 3:35 Pick DGD5 up from school and monitor her homework

B: Egg & Vegetables (Breakfast Bar & applesauce)
L: Salad with 10 toppings + Cheese Quesadillas
D: Chicken Fry Steak, Dirty Rice, and green beans
Prep Ahead: Chicken & LC vegetable soup made & individual servings into the freezer.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:40 am

:o
IMHO my definition makes more sense.
I agree, Lady M. Guess I should have looked before I leapt!

I've 'wasted' enough time here and really need to get myself working. Made a plan but am not really happy with this method so may devise another. Think I'll split my day into time segments. Was going to do 10-minute rounds. Know I need to figure out something for dinner......and since I can't go out for supplies, nor do I want dd to have to stop on her way home, I'll put my thinking cap on.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:01 am

H left for work early bs is up into ack - land I need to s2s & feed the chickens. Kit duty needs done amazing how it can get in a state with out even cooking that much. More coffee needed. more like auto pilot than mojo for me early in th am on a Mon.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:23 am

mmmmmm
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mojo

Define mojo: a power that may seem magical and that allows someone to be very effective, successful, etc.
I'll go with this one.

did I have mojo today?
until the point I sat down here I think I did.

Need a little mojo to finish up in K, PA washing I left on my bed for final 'dry' without risking the afternoon weather.
need bath and teeth done too. fresh sheets on the bed today.

goodnight.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 am

I agree with the second definition. The first seems to come from the Urban Dictionary. Another example of words being morphed. I really hate that, especially when my meaning is distorted by the listener since a word has changed meaning.

I'm up and moving. Dh was late to his movie this morning so I'll find out in a few hours if he made it or not (if not he'll watch a different one.) I think he has movies lined up for almost every day this week.

I've got the fresh sheets on the bed and need to go swap the load in the washer to the dryer. Just finished my breakfast so now I really need to get moving although I'm s2s, have watered the plants and moved them around a bit and refilled the humidifiers. Despite being warm, it is still very dry in here. My nails are slowly stopping the daily breaks and growing out but I'm still battling 21% humidity. Bedroom is 27% with the window open.

I'm off to figure out the Worst Thing and try and do that first today. I don't like the acronym but I like Elizabeth's idea of tackling that first. Last Monday I was reading an article on procrastination and it was talking about the Eating the Frog method of dealing with things, which is the same idea. As much as I'm not fond of WTF, I find it more fun to think of then eating a frog.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:08 am

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mojo

Define mojo: a power that may seem magical and that allows someone to be very effective, successful, etc.
I'll go with this one.
Oh, yes! I'll go with this one definitely :!: I am! being successful AND effective! :D

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 am

Hi!

I seem to have lost my mojo. Even though we went out to eat on Friday and had everything on the BBQ on Sunday, my kitchen is a mess.

I also have a mountain of clean clothes on the dresser in the bedroom.

No stitching group for me on Mondays anymore. I told the Thursday group last week that I was going to start going to the library on Tuesdays from 9 until 12 instead, and anyone was free to join me. I also told them why Monday's group was no longer making me happy.

Some of them shared why Mondays weren't making them happy any more, which is mostly due to the woman who seems to feel like she is in charge of the bank account, such as it is. (Less than $500, and that is because she puts a box for coffee donations on the table in front of her which is referred to as the money for the Christmas party.) Last Monday was the birthday of her best friend, so she arranged with the library that we could use the meeting room so there could be cake. Not only did she bring cake, but she spent quite a bit on other food. Her best friend does not sit and knit with the rest of us. She pops in and says hi occasionally. There was no discussion regarding any of this. A lot of the women who regularly toss money into the box are not happy with this.

Wayne put all the patio furniture outside yesterday. All of my spring bulbs are up and there are flowers on most of them! My forsythia and my lilac have buds, with teeny, tiny leaves starting to show on the forsythia.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 am

Waiting on the doctor....
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 am

Dgd will arrive shortly, I will begin kit. Duty then dump trash, and got going with my Monday stuff. we have daffs, in bloom & hyth. Tulips in bud here. Later on carport is on my radar. Then we will hunt for ricks to paint and hide a few as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”