Tuesday To-Do & Ta-DA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday To-Do & Ta-DA

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:51 am

((((d sil))) d dee and your (((dd)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:57 am

Ta das:
-downloaded and reconciled dmom's bank and credit card account
-ordered online pajama pants for her
-cleaned out the yucky drain on my washing machine
-sorted and started a lol
-synced iphone and deleted a bunch of photos
-synced iPad to my computer
-finished kitchen clean up and put away the rest of steel cut oatmeal (I cook up enough for almost a week and store in refrigerator)
-checked my own bank account
-exported all Evernote notes as a back up
-synced the app that I use for passwords between desktop, iPhone and iPad

This time around:
-quick s2s
-make the bed
-one DPC
-pull out info for ds tax return and do it
-write a thank you note
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm

blessed, will you connect with a local teacher through their service on an online one? I'll be very interested in what you think of them.

The study didn't last as long as I expected. For one thing, co-teacher speaks quickly - she says a lot at a fast pace. Her style is very social and comfortable, really, but not discussion or response. For another thing, we were blessed with lots of visitors this time, who seemed ready to go as soon as we reached what they perceived as the stopping place of the end of the co-teacher's part. (Usually we stay and hash out points or contribute thoughts, no matter who teaches.) I was surprised how early I found myself returning home. I fed Tobias, who was begging, but that means nothing, then looked at the clock and realized I was ahead of time!

Hi to Elizabeth, who is finding herself on a new timetable.

hi to maxsgrandma

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Land line is not operational time to bite the bullet and cancel that service.
I am struggling with my routines today it is cold I do not want to go to the group mtg. Need to wait till it warms up a bit to walk ddog wamt tp go to the beach near by so she can wade trying to get her used to the water she went in on her own yesterday. Up to her ankles. :mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:36 pm

d harriet, I haven't seen local teachers on that - probably because teachers who tutor (from the high schools and middle schools) here run 100.00 an hour for chemistry, math, languages etc. I know it's a lot but that's the going rate. The teachers online are just online for the french but if I want to have piano etc. I can find local people - the cities are listed.
The online teachers run about $25 to $44 - I know the company takes 40% of their salary.

I will let you know if I decide to do it. I did sign up with rosetta stone online. I decided it was worth it even though my memory is not the greatest anymore.

hi d nancy as well!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:37 pm

finding myself going down a rabbit hole... I love research and found myself not acting on what needs doing. ;)

helia

Postby helia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm

I'm curious about the online French tutor too, blessed. My memory isn't so good either. If we go to S. Korea for a week in June as part of dh's sabbatical, I will purchase a Rosetta Stone program. I won't learn much in such a short time, but I'm curious about it and have never had an excuse to use it before.
Nice to have some extra time, Harriet.
I hadn't realized you were close to a beach, nancy.
LadyM, if you can hold all the yoga poses and do everything in the class, I am extremely impressed! I lacked balance for many poses and the strength for some too. I could even see dh's muscles shaking with some of the poses. There was one pose I couldn't do at all -- or maybe I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. LOL!!

I did the hill 1.5x. I could tell I was tired but my pace was better than last time when I was at the bottom of my first iteration of the hill, so I started up again. Halfway up, I was pretty tired and decided to save some energy for sprints tomorrow. So, .9 miles running up, .9 miles running down, and about 1.2 miles on level-ish terrain getting from the car to the hill and back again, though still a little hilly -- and stony with tree roots as well. Pretty scenery, though. :)

I'm moving really slowly today. I'm just now getting ready to make some lunch. I have the groc. list ready for that errand after lunch. Laundry is in progress too.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

if you can hold all the yoga poses and do everything in the class,

Not even close! Our Yoga teacher changes the poses and complexity to the students' ability. The class is mostly geared toward casual and/or beginner level Yoga poses. A few times a year, we have visitors (usually yoga teacher from another place) and our lesson changes to match their ability. WOW! During these advanced yoga lessons, I always try to follow along but I admit to being more interested in watching them.

I've only attended yoga lessons at one other place. I stopped after a couple lessons because it was so fast paced and high energy that it was way over my ability and anything but relaxing.

Our yoga class is held in our little town community center that has big open windows facing the main road. So our yoga teach keeps the lights off and uses a couple of white Christmas type strands of lights to give a soft glow which is enough light for those doing yoga inside the building to see, but not enough light for a car driving by to watch us. She always has very calm soft music playing in the background. Our yoga instructor is one of the most health conscious people I know. She is in her late 60's but walks and looks like someone 30 years younger. She is definitely a good role model.

On our lunch break. DS8 quickly ate so he would have time to fly his drone. There is almost no wind which makes it perfect weather to do that.

I know nothing about learning foreign languages. The homeschool forums seem to consistently recommend using https://www.duolingo.com (free)
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:44 pm

I got started on ds's tax return and realized I don't have one of his W-2s - and I'm pretty sure I saw it earlier. So I may need to do searching and/or get him to get another copy. :roll:

I went off track several times along the way but got as far as I could.

-work on garage for 15 min
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper off my desk
-fill out online form for dh unclaimed property
-online do lunch and dinner choices for July genealogy institute
-write second request letter about marriage search in IL courthouse - she responded to me via email and I responded back but never got any further info - can only assume that email went to spam
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 pm

I s2s and delivered the notices to apartments without email. That got me 3K steps.

Since then, I don't think I've done anything except eat and practice the music.

On the plus side, there's an outbreak at the retirement home so my service has been cancelled. And bigger plus, I had only put an hour into the planning.

Now to hang up the clothes that are waiting to be hung up.

Return to “Post When You Can”