Thursday Toot Your Horn!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thursday Toot Your Horn!

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Thank goodness HRH got home! Yipes - he is much better at this than I am. Has been walking all over the house with The Man :geek: upstairs at his office, outdoors. Good. Oops, but now comes to me shaking his head - doesn't think this guy has the right plan for doing this work. Sigh. The guy wants to change the site of our hub which would require then running a phone line backwards to original location. HRH says would be better not to change it. My money would be on HRH's idea :ugeek:
for it... ...

Anyway, they tell me later today I may be offline and could also be tomorrow. If so, ya'll be good. ;)

Meant to tell about HRH appt with kidney dr, who released him from the biopsy idea that has been hanging over our heads :? for a couple years now. Dr says when he first saw HRH, a biopsy, at the very least, was "a given - just a matter of time" but now can't find a reason to keep it on his chart/folder. The function numbers that were never supposed to get better, but did get better last time, are better yet again.

Blood pressure at 114/80 made the dr laugh - a good thing. Surely soon they will let him off that med or reduce - not yet. Sigh. I think it could be dangerous to keep him on it, but they say kidneys are delicate, so they can't trust yet. What they mean is they can't believe such an old dog :ugeek: could have learned a new trick, but he did. At some point you have to admit a medicine also causes it's own set of problems and start thinking of things on balance.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:20 pm

tooting my horn - okay, I will choose a french horn today!!! I might even wear orchestra colours. nah to drab... maybe ballerina colours... no too revealing of this body of mine (not a good look)... ah yes, I will dress like a diva in an opera. I have the perfect outfit today to attack my laundry and my house.http://ja-nae.net/blog/secret-attracting-opera-audiences/
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:24 pm

I got my full blown cold back... it never went away so I have a doctor appointment today.
I have had some kind of a cold since February

Heading out soon. I wish you all a very nice day.

quick question - when learning another language has anyone had trouble with articles and know which is the right one. Also pronouns - there are so many different ones that I took for granted in speaking and writing english/ can a pronoun become an adjective??? i came across something on a grammar web site and they say it happens all the time????

I am finding myself struggling but what's been great is relearning English grammar. I think I want to take a class in basic grammar again if they would let me.

glad your dh got home d harriet

goals: dr.
laundry
continue on emptying one of the bedrooms... we are going to put wood floors in there
round robin.. I have been trying to do one little thing housework wise ... wipe a handle, put something away, toss something in each area. I figure if I do one thing a day then it can't help to look better
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:47 pm

A possessive pronoun works like an adjective -- which car? HIS car.

That's about all I can do today. Another LONG night for dh... still breathing trouble... less fluid "output" again... plus that dang machine beeps every time he moves in bed...
Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Hank is got out again, w out a collarcwhat is up with that? He went back home now for how long who knows. But at least he was not here for a while. Owners are awol I think.

I slept in yea have half day off.
I have s2s done.
Older dgds will be here noonish.
H left early dog was up just before he got up.
Got a bit of rain so I am trying to pick up a bit here this a m doing some inside stuff.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Morning y'all....

LadyM, my son gave me a Charge 2 for Xmas and I love mine. Not for all the reasons of tracking sleep and stuff, but because it buzzes on my arm when I get a text of a phone call. I can read the text through the charger and it shows whos calling me by name. It also tells time just by the movement of my wrist when I need it. This has been a tremendous help for two reasons and heres whys.

I don't always have pockets on my pants when I teach so I can't carry my phone. And when I do have my phone on me its always set on silence. So if I get a text or a phone call I can immediately see who its from without looking at my phone. Also if my phone is in one room and I am in the other I can't always hear it when it rings so this way I'm not missing my calls or texts.

Yesterday Sweetie and I went shopping for clothes he needs for the upcoming wedding. He doesn't own a suit because even when he was CEO and president of his company everything was casual and he could conduct all his business in casual ware. I was not looking forward to this adventure cause he is not a social butterfly and if given the chance would stay home from all these upcoming affairs. He's always been this way....and some of y'all understand how he feels. Once he gets to where he needs to be he is alright, but oh my, he doesn't like to fly or travel and buy clothes ranks right up there with this.

Macy's was having a suit sale so I suggested we start there. I crossed my fingers and asked my angels to help. First jacket he tried on fit him like it was made for him. Hes very slender so I wasn't sure about any of this. He's a 32/32 in pants and we were able to find a pain. Phew...next problem was a shirt...he does own dress shirts, but they are probably 10 years old. Hes a 15.5 inch neck BUT a 35 inch arm. Try finding one of those. Also because he is slender, most shirts through the body swallow him. However the angels were with us and I found a shirt with those measurements in a "slender fit". Amazing...then it was a tie. I have no idea about that sort of stuff but wanted a red one, his suit is soft black and shirt has a very faded light blue texture looking thing going on in it. Found one, A Ryan Seacrest, which caused us to laugh because Sweetie hates the guy. $45 tie on sale to $19.50

Went to pay for it and sale guy our age..been with the company for 18 years :o told Sweetie if he opened a charge it would save him 40% on the entire sales and would be honored for today as well. That was a no brainer. Still needed shoes and hadn't planned to look there, but with that kind of deal we decided to to give it a try. Bingo, I found a pair for him to try one and he loved them....New style the younger men are wearing, I know this cause its what my son wears...so went back and got 40% off of those.

The entire trip took less than an hour and a half. Sweetie is a very handsome man...not just from my point of view, but from others like my friends. And when he dresses up he is a knock out even at 70. Just wish he would do it more often. Told him I was gonna get alot of picture of the two of us together at the wedding cause I may never see him all doll up again. He told me he was gonna send his clothes bill to my son. I know he really like the way he looked because when we came home he tried everything back on and said his shoes were so comfortable he might start wearing them every day...they would look silly with his normal day uniform of jeans...he wears colored ones..and white t-shirt.

I have been working on my slide presentation which is a request from my son. He said besides the wedding this was the most important thing to him. No pressure right, this from a girl that is totally illiterate when it comes to computers. Oh my what a learning curve. I am using three songs and the middle song is the most difficult as I want the pictures in a very specific order and time. Fortunately my friend with combine every thing to the music, but it has taken my hours and hours to go through pictures, picture cds and flash sticks to accomplish this.

These are the songs...All fit the kids perfectly
Bless the broken road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do32g82qilk

Mother's Prayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqeN-Up1-dI
This is most appropriate because for years my son and I have talked about who would be his wife and wondered where she was in the world and what she was doing and the one I have been spending so much time with

No end to this road https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBGE0-Bnipc
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm

1st load in the dryer. 2nd load in the washer. I have got a side table of sorts out by my lawn chair out front. Trying to chill out a bit befor dgds get here and watch7ng Bob ross on net flicks. Put sealer on one easter egg rock it looks great. Spiffed up the bed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Got up and made it in time to the singing venue. Breakfast was excellent. Singing went well. Small but appreciative group (probably 25 people.)

Got home and finished reading my trashy book. Just a basic murder mystery, not particularly well written but interesting enough to keep reading.

NOW I can read the interesting book I got out of the library yesterday, The Soldier, The Terrorist and the Donkey King. The chapters are short so I read the first two over lunch yesterday and then sighed that I couldn't keep reading that but should finish this other book first. Well that's accomplished.

Miserable day out. I put on the Netflix fireplace as background atmosphere while I read. Just lots and lots of rain.

fitbit won't be fixed for at least another week so that's taking less of my brain cycles now although I'm taking the time to PM people.

There is a new person trying to join us but the email she's using doesn't work. So if she's legit, (and reading this forum) we need a legit email. If not, we've filtered out someone who is posing and not really interested in becoming part of the village.

Ds called and chatted a bit. He brought up the John Deere issue and pointed me to a podcast about it. It is hard to think of mid Western farmers and Ukranian hackers as allies in the war against corporations taking over our lives, but they are. I'm amused that John Deere thought farmers would take this lying down. In my experience they tend to be of a "get 'er done" mentality and not wanting unnecessary interference in their farms. So why did John Deere think they could 'sell' tractors that the farmers didn't have have full control of and think the farmers wouldn't fight back? Trackers aren't cheap. Time is money to them. They can't spend time waiting around for a company man to come around and allow a repaired tractor to power up again by entering a special code. So they found a way around the code. Good on them.

I should be doing something. It is almost 3 and all I've done around here is make the bed.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:12 pm

The function numbers that were never supposed to get better, but did get better last time, are better yet again.
Has HRH done anything in particular for this to happen, Harriet? Asking for my own sake. Know my #'s were better in February than they expected and only slightly more than they were in October up home. I'm hoping they're continuing to go down. My kidney Dr explained that the function number only gets higher as one gets older from birth on. Think # in October was 1.36 and at 1.50 when they took it in February. I'll have to check those numbers to see if I'm correct. Are we talking about the same thing? -creatinine level?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Toot toot --
I am s2s w/freshly colored hair.

That's about all I can toot my horn about. :oops:

DH feels sooo bad... and it is just hard for me to get up and at 'em when he is trying to rest, or going around moaning and groaning... PLUS, it is hard for me to get up and at 'em when I TOO have been up at all hours with that thing beeping or dh moaning and groaning.
I don't mean to make light of all this -- I KNOW he is miserable and I KNOW his condition could be very serious... but talking to him about going back to the hospital * or even letting me call the nurse * just makes him panicky and more stressed. He has felt worse after each hospital stay, and he will NOT be going back while he is conscious (so far as I can see) unless the heart clinic really insists on it Monday. He's eaten very well, low-sodium-wise the last two days, so we don't know what is going on and why he can't feel better... and he is just sooo depressed and frustrated with feeling so bad.

But anyway... I'm going to town now --
[x] post office
[x] bank
[x] seafood place
[x] bar-b-que place for SALADS & BAKED POTATOES. Can y'all believe this -- he thinks theirs are so much better than what we make at home. Unbelievable.

My dusty floors and dusty furniture and messy bathrooms and the library book I need to finish reading & return by Monday and a million other things keep rolling around in my head... and I just have no energy at all to do ANY of this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Editing to say, I got the shrimp... 2 lbs of jumbo, frozen, man assures me his supplier says it is just like it came out of the Gulf. They cut the heads off and put them in the ice. That's what he says. I don't know if I believe him or not, b/c all the online stuff says frozen shrimp is treated with a preservative w/salt which also makes it easier to peel. He says he has never bought the easy-peel kind, that he doesn't believe this is treated with anything. Sigh. Who knows. I think we should limit shrimp eating around here.
I also bought catfish fillets for tomorrow night, I guess. This is going to get old in a hurry.
Especially the part about buying the salads at the bar-b-que restaurant.
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”