Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday Conga

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 pm

sorry your frustrated d kathryn
d lady :D
hope you have a restful night in those nice clean sheets d nancy!
ooooo look at that nice clean bathroom d lucy!
d dee (I am praying that it all works out)
d lucy wonderful for your walk!!! good job - you are not a debbie downer - You have to give yourselves a break.. it's hard!

hello all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:31 pm

Dinner was a complete success except it took a bit longer than expected for the stuffed pork roast to cook.

But it was delicious and dh really enjoyed it. He usually cooks so this was a nice break for him. I had been cleaning as I went so there wasn't much to clean up after dinner.

I'm on the treadmill now. Was playing with my new sleep app. It is possible to use sonar to track my sleep and it might also track my respiration. I tested whether my phone could do it since last night's sleep graph was a mess and I wasn't sure if it was the waterbed causing the trouble. The developers emailed me overnight to suggest trying sonar if my phone supported it. My tablet does too so I can try it with either. The system, in theory, turns off wifi after the lullaby ends, so it isn't recording what happens in the room and transmitting it. Or I can just turn off wifi before bed and I should be safe. I love the lullaby system though so would like to try that.

I'm only at 3500 steps for the day so I need to get that number higher. We are doing the Escape Room tomorrow so that will give me a good step count day. Even so, I'd rather not start the weekend in a deficit. Especially since I've lowered my goal number to 8K.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Well this is perplexing...
I went to the drug store and when I got back, dh was sound asleep.
I don't dare wake him after all he's been through --
But I have 4 frozen fish fillets I need to thaw, and I don't know if he wants 1 or 2 for supper.
?????
Tomorrow is another day.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Oh, ((HUGS)) for those of you who are sleep-deprived.
Stuffed pork roast sounds good, Kathryn.

Rambling: I am very tired now. I did jog 7.5 miles -- and I paid for it most of the afternoon. I guess I pushed my body a bit more than I realized. I did end up with the pace I was going for despite running against a strong wind half the way. It took me a little over 1.5 hours -- so you know I was going pretty slowly. Going against the wind was a bear. My last miles (with the wind) were my fastest of course; my fastest single single mile by quite a bit was mile 6?! Random. The moment I stopped running, I felt very nauseated. I walked around a bit, and it subsided more or less. After I got home and showered, I ate lunch even though I didn't feel very hungry. I was OK at work, just very tired. I still wasn't 100% and lacked an appetite by dinner time -- but once I started eating, I seemed to perk up a bit more. Dh is pushing me to drink drink drink. He thinks I'm dehydrated, which I probably am. I brought a small water bottle on my run, but didn't really feel thirsty. I'm now questioning whether I'm strong enough to train up to a half marathon. Dh believes in me, which is very sweet of him. It is some comfort that my last 7 mile run was pretty uneventful for me.

Fitbit thinks I'm over 20K steps for the day right now.

Drinking more water and eating mandarins. And texting with dd18 who is finally on her flight that has been delayed by nearly 2 hours. So, I'll be making a run to the airport in about 2 hours? It's a half hour drive. I think I'll be driving on my own since Dh is planning to go to bed early so he can do his long run (his is 14 miles) tomorrow morning.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 pm

That sounds about the right number of steps. I'm at 8285 now. Got typing and forgot to watch the clock so went past 9 by 10 minutes.

Now to finish off the account reconciliation so I can cross that off my to-do list for the day and week.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Eating supper... this fish IS pretty good, if I do say so myself. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Hmmm, Lucylee was able to go to sleep without you being there. Did he wake in a panic? If not, then try sleeping a part for at least part of the night.

I'm off to bed now. Haven't had a good sleep for the past 2 nights. Will try tonight.

Didn't get all I wanted to get done by a long shot. Am so thankful I'm not preaching on Sunday. I'll use the day for that. Am going to a potluck dessert meeting in the evening so maybe dh and I will go out for dinner in that neighbourhood and then to the meeting. Or maybe we'll just drive over. Now that the snow is gone, on-street parking is possible again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:17 pm

Groc. Shopping done, hid rocks @ 2 more parks walked the dog as well. Food is put away. Time to switch over the laundry.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 pm

It's bc he fell asleep while it was still daylight, Kathryn. That's the key to a lot of his panic -- waking in the dark.
He really feels terrible....
on the commode with the throw up bucket in front of him now... but nothing will come up or go out from either direction. :(
Last edited by lucylee on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi! Quick post before I settle in for the night. I haven't had time to cuop, will have to do that later.

We have been busy today. Dsis (actually dbil) called Thursday afternoon saying that he and dsis would come up to see us and take care of our dead tree. They arrived last evening and we were busy first thing this morning. The power company came early afternoon to disconnect the line from the house and waited while dbil made the cuts and dsis in the truck pulled the attached line to guide the tree down. Then the real work started as dbil cut the tree into logs. The trucks are loaded full and we will make a trip to county recycling place first thing tomorrow morning. There will probably be another trip also.

Ds#2 came after his work to help out, then stayed after supper to visit a while. He will come again tomorrow after his half day at work.

We are so thankful that they have made this trip to help us. We've been so worried that the tree would come down on the house or one of our neighbors' fences.

Ds#2 was also telling us that they have lost their ddog, Sugar. About a month ago she started having small seizures. They had taken her to their vet. They had to take her to the emergency vet hospital. She had all kinds of tests, (blood tests, etc.) which were all normal. Apparently boxers are susceptible to to brain/brain stem tumors, and the only way to tell that for sure was an MRI for $4500, which they couldn't afford. They started Sugar on seizure meds on the chance that the cause was old age epilepsy. Then last Tuesday she had a really bad episode and they made that hard decision. I know they will miss her terribly!

Ddil#2 and both dgds are in N.C. for the Highland Games, Harriet!

Well, we are going to have an early morning......
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”