Sipping Sat.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Sipping Sat.

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am

Day is progressing smoothly
** DD came and got DGD5. Not sure how long she will be gone.
** 71 minutes of math with DS8
** Bank accounts up-to-date and matched to the penny. Did a little spending analyst. I wanted to know how much we have spent on building the fence so far. Gulp. More than I thought....and we are less than half done with fence building project. Ohs well. It will be alright.
** DS8 went to get a haircut with DH.

Next up -
** Cucumber salad made

Note to self....Next Saturday is April 15th. Tax day. EEEEKKKK!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:39 pm

busy day already d nancy - bwtg
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:40 pm

well done on balance your account to a t!!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Had a blast doing the escape room. Off for pizza now with the gang.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:22 pm

DD and I worked about 20 minutes in the garage and I had worked at least that long earlier today. Found a lot more that was already boxed for G oodwill (that dd didn't realize were for there! :D ) Moved some things, put some in trash. Making space little by little. She wants to get that cleaned enough that we can empty the POD and either send it back or dsonil is going to use it to empty his shed so they can build a new one -we hope, we hope. Trying to get everything in one front corner by overhead door so we can call for a pick up.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:35 pm

hello again

great work d dee and dh of dee
awesome d kathryn! so happy you had fun

going outside to work a bit. trimmed some low trees and cleaned and oiled large clippers
another load of laundry in washer.

More french done.
windows are open in the house 67 degrees yay

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:21 pm

dh did't believe me about the harmonica making the animals goofy (I know its my playing or what I like to call playing ;) ) so after I practiced 4,5,6,7 scales outside away from the animals ... I showed dh exactly what happens. My lab/shep never jumps on us ... she jumped into my lap ... dh thought it was really funny. i stopped playing and now the dogs are asleep. go figure. My talent abounds. :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Here to report that Sunny's dgd15 is a lovely young lady and her pipe and drum band plays wonderfully. I got to listen to her individual band practice just before the noon massing of the bands, and because another lady was so sweet and insistent to help me, I'm embarrassed to say she got pulled away from the practice just to say "hello" to me. :oops: I missed the rest of the family but can report that dgd15 was safe and sound with good lung capacity! I'm convinced they sounded better when she rejoined them. She is one of the youngest musicians who took the field. HRH did at least realize he heard her band practicing from his Clan's tent (not a problem to hear pipes).

I rode there with HRH and ds' family followed, and they had more time to spend with me wandering. We had a great time. Beautiful weather. Lots of walking. Our green-eyed boy was surprisingly upset by the flag retirement ceremony. I had to talk to him quite a bit to keep tears back. He was appalled at placing the flag into the fire and we had to reassure him. None of us had thought of this - whoops.

We all stood in different lines :roll: for lunch, to get what each one wanted. I failed to get more vegetables for ds, who'd asked me to buy for him, and was teased by the vendor that there was no other vegetable but potato in Scotland - he'd never heard of one. Sigh. Oooookay. I think he was pretending to be authentic, but failing miserably with me since I know better! The herding dogs were super sharp. Scottish Athletes were... .. oh, my, my, my.

I texted dd18 and asked her to also text her big sister to watch the livestream of the massed bands. It was magnificent, of course.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Sounds like we are having interesting days!

We had fun at the pizza party after. They are a great group of kids. Ds pointed out in the car that we were invited but the birthday boy's dad wasn't! I think he was proud of that. I think it might be due to my maturity level - closer to their age than ours. I am technically old enough to be the birthday boy's mom, he turns 37 today, and the other birthday boy turns 37 tomorrow. I've been doing stuff with them since ds's half marathon (I had them all over the night before and fed them a high protein dinner.)

Costco was next. Dh was on the phone with our new client (he got two small contracts this week and one's with a workaholic) so he stayed in the car. I returned the butter, picked up the photos, went to get more butter but every one I picked up had the paper shredding problem so I gave up after trying a few packages and walked out of the store. When I returned the butter I was assured the manager and buyer was well aware of the problem, they've been refunding people money for a while now.

We did the car wash and are now home.

We'll walk over to the store to get butter on our way home from the pub tonight.

Hmmmm, next up is a long list.

I'm doing ds's laundry (last load in the dryer) so there's folding to do, shredding, the photo frame (not on a list but what I want to do!) and more tax prepping. I went to buy TurboTax while at Costco but found I had to research the product better. Standard always worked for us before but this year it was missing a tick box on the feature list. I need to confirm it won't work for me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:41 pm

i fell down a rabbit hole (AGAIN :shock: 8-) ) this time with rosetta stone and then fb cooking one.
It's so easy to do.

time to work again.

d kathryn I am so happy you had so much fun!!!
hi d harriet! how wonderful about d sunny dgd15 - how great that she came to say hello to you! very special (((awe sweet green eyed boy))) sounds like such a cool event! I am jealous.
wonderful d sunny

hello and time to work.. geesh

Return to “Post When You Can”