Sunday Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Sunday Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 pm

hello d helia, hello d nancy, hello d kathryn, hello d lady, hello d lucy et all.

d lucy ((()))
d nancy - happy outdoor work
so happy you had a nice talk with your old neighbours d lady
d kathryn. sounds like fun meeting them. i know we have an around the world club that is very popular here (started by a company that brings in international employees) My friend belongs to it and loves it.
d helia. we have 76 her at the moment - wonderful that you are doing yoga. by the lake they have yoga on water boards. lol how difficult that must be. Happy birthday to your dh! have a wonderful time
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:34 pm

chicken is marinating (I made barbecue sauce and slathered up the chicken before foiling and and baking it a bit - then on to the grill with sauce to finish it up
dishes from dinner prep washing themselves.
More laundry washed
cold got to me again grrr
spoke to young cousin
spoke to d mom
I still have my mom's car that I have to bring to her garage.. I am not using it but too lazy to bring it back.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm

We have rested I went out for another round of yd wk dead heading some woody stem herbs on lemon verbenia plants looks better now on the west fence line now. Trying to think what the next step it on the digging around the stump.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:37 pm

you should get a great night sleep after all that outdoor work d nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:39 pm

this chicken is hitting a tired spot. 8-)

chicken is in oven pre cooking before grill, cut up a bunch a veggies and have salsa, yogurt with mexican spices for dips. beans have been done and resting for a couple hours.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Sounds yummy blessed! If I did yoga on a water board on the lake, it would end up being more of a swimming outing for me, I'd fall off the board so many times. LOL!

Forgot to say that I remember as a small child being quite disturbed by Mr. Rogers singing that he wanted to be my neighbor. I still remember that feeling, that he didn't know me so why did he say that? I didn't really like him as a child b/c of this. I think it was also weird for me that he sang while taking off/putting on (which was it?) his shoes and cardigan. I was a rather odd child in some ways. . . .SO, when dd18 at age 3 was extremely disturbed by Sting singing the line in his song A Thousand Years, "I still love you. . . " and asked me, "Why does he say he loves me? He doesn't even know me," I understood completely. :D I think she was bothered enough that we took a break from Sting for a while. . .

Shopping took a L-O-N-G time because I had to check that everything was gluten free. Choosing ice cream took a while, but I finally found a brand of gelato that listed their gluten-free flavors online. How convenient to have my phone and be able to figure that out there. Some brands have g-f flavors but the company processes them on equipment that also processes wheat. So, no go for a celiac.

Everything is put away.

Next:
- start rice cooker
- mix up sauces
- cut up meat beef and salmon

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Hello everyone!

We loved MisterRogers at our house. The first time DD ever watched him, when she was about 3, she said "What a nice man!" Hadn't thought of that for a long time until today.

Having a great day on this Palm Sunday. Cooked a big pot of beans yesterday and had that for lunch. However, just sent DH out for W endy's for supper, so our healthy eating is over for the day.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Just finishing restaurant dinner and prepping for refugee meeting so my computer is on and connected.

Day going smoothly and a lot has been accomplished but almost nothing from my to-do list. Sigh....

Might go straight to bed after meeting so will say goodnight now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Neighborhood kids here playing. DGD5 and one of the 5 year old twins decided to crawl into one of the culverts. They KNOW it isn't allowed. That lead to me sending the twins home and DGD5 being sent to her bedroom. DS8 wasn't in trouble but he decided to come inside & sit by DGD5 bedroom door and keep her company. Usually, DS8 is the one in trouble and DGD5 sits outside his bedroom door to keep him company. I love the fact that DGD5 & DS8 have each other's backs when trouble comes. I'm sure they will soon return to arguing over who gets the red crayon or some other goofiness......but this moment is so sweet.

Follow up on story.....I told DGD5 she could get out of her bedroom. She said, " Okay, but I like it here". Then DS8 and she continued to play. So much for my discipline tactic. It wasn't much of a punishment but hopefully, it was enough to get her attention to not do it again.

I am reluctant to gear up for the coming week. If I ignore it, will it go away? I might need to reconsider that strategy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:07 pm

helia - re yoga - when you learn to do some of the poses more easily there may be an added component of pelvic floor and abs held just so ;) just giving it a different tweek for real core workout.. Also some teachers vary their lessons a lot week by week, so one class isn't necessarily definitive.

talked to family last night. DD1 and family may be able to come to my special night of 'full membership' happening Saturday night. I'm not holding my breath so as not to be disappointed.

Still a beautiful day on Monday.
though
Snow in forecast for southern alps.
Change is in the air.

LM - Sending DGD to her room gets her out of harm's way, and diverts her attention to other things to do.
It is a good strategy if it works at stopping the undesirable behaviour, imo.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”