Sunday Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Sunday Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Postby Harmony » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:09 pm

All the laundry is now sorted and a big load running. I'd gotten a little behind and then we went away and now it's worse. I hand scrubbed 2 pairs rubber work shoes and they're in the washer too. Thought I couldn't get the washer to come on but finally did. The power button is getting really hard to push, probably another repair down the road.

Ah, technology. I saw something this morning about all the things they're doing with automation and no people. We are sure going to a different world. I'm already way behind a lot of people and I could probably give up more with no problem at all. But I might be disconnected with everyone then.

Speaking of technology, we got a fax from Libya, someone wants our assistance to help him get $18.2 million to our country. And we will be compensated 40% of that. Yeah. Right.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi!

The dishes are all done and the dishwasher is unloaded. I have also just put the last load of laundry into the washer. Pacing the usage of the water so I don't overtax the septic system. Dh and I are lucky that we don't live at the top of the escarpment/mountain here. They got slammed with the snow storm the other day and when we were up there for a drive yesterday, there was flooding everywhere. Chippawa creek is way up over it's banks.

Dd's team won their derby game last night, so they made it into the next round. They are currently in 3rd spot. The Leaf's also made it into the post season last night.

Dh put the newly sharpened blades back onto the riding mower and cut the grass in the front. The back is too wet. We also uncovered the boat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:14 pm

hi... I had a nice long talk with dd older
I did some round robin work - put away - light but its done.
dh called to see if I was coming.. I physically can't do it.. my chest won't allow it yet.

some light french (check out french with alexa - she only has a few videos on youtube but the rest are on her lessons which I am enjoying. https://www.youtube.com/user/learnfrenchwithalexa I signed up for her lessons - fun and helpful - today was fun because she had us translate something light.

dh is home already??? I wonder why - his legs felt wobbly mmmm

had half an english muffin (don't have my bread), sweet earth santa fe veggie burger with lettuce and tomato - a small slice of irish cheddar which I could have done without.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:22 pm

I have cleaned up after breakfast dishes. Next up we are heading out to do some chainsaw work on the bush stump in the front yard.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:30 pm

yes he is right d harriet. Is the person who is making this decision busy in other parts of their lives. I pray that their eyes open to the need of the choir rather than trying to wow the congregation with new material.

I know we had a scout head leader (girl scouts) who constantly complained if a leader in the school didn't devote the same time and energy that she did - she let people know! (even though most of the women/men ran many things - boys in scouts, being room parents, having their own families and parents, coaches etc.

hi d cathy love those dishes being done. yeah on the derby game

hi d harmony can you help me with my laundry... I haven't started. I am so happy you got a great night sleep.

hi d nancy.. I had a hard time watching mr. rogers but his message about feelings etc. and the shows pace was perfect for children. Hope your runny nose goes away.

hi d kathryn how nice about sending your d aunt flowers
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:50 pm

No, no return to ER. About the same here.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Home from church and a yuck lunch. Our favorite lunch place was packed and had a waiting line. I told DH, let's go to BurgerK that has a kids indoor tunnel type play area. The play area was nice for entertaining the kids but the food selection is yucky! I didn't want to eat a salad or anything that could be tainted. I finally settled on chicken nuggets with the thought that anything tainted would be destroyed in the deep fryer. I know this doesn't make sense!! Anyway, my selection was not tasty, too salty, NOT healthy at all, cost me 1/2 of my daily point allowance, and definitely not "worth it".

On a good note, our neighbors from 60 years ago (when I was born & growing up) was eating there and I enjoyed talking to them. This couple is around 90 years old and they still look slim, fit and healthy. I was txting with DSis and she told me these 90 yr olds eat at BKing every Sunday after church. So BKing must not be as unhealthy as I think it is!

I tried going for a walk when we got home but DGD5 side started hurting so I had to turn around and come home. It wasn't much fun anyway with the wind blowing 20-30 mph.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Back from the meet-up with strangers. A couple looking to move to Ottawa. She's Swiss (French), he's East Indian. Their daughter was born here (14 months old.) They've lived around the world. Great conversation with them, trying to suss out what their expectations were for a neighbourhood. The other Ottawa guy there was also East Indian heritage but Canadian born. So it was a great way to spend a couple of hours. Plus I got the remaining steps I need for my 9K average steps (revised up from 8K when I blew past that yesterday.

Dd called and we'll be going over to visit here shortly. Then dinner out and the evening meeting.

I finished up the updating of Quicken and reconciling of credit cards. Also paid a bill due tomorrow. Did a survey to complain about my McD experience last week (sold me a salad but had none in the restaurant to give me, nothing healthy at all so I ended up with an unexpected junk food dinner and still hungry when I left.)

I made up Rice Krispy squares for this evening so I have something for the potluck dessert.

Now to tidy up and start the dishwasher.

helia

Postby helia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm very much out of the loop with y'all.

It's a beautiful day today I think it's in the 60s or maybe even 70*? I just got home from yoga with dh. The teacher modified some of the moves for me, which was helpful. I like her a lot. I like the class a lot too; I like that this class seems to have a goal and is not just repetitions of exercise for the sake of exercise. Unfortunately, it's not at a very convenient time, especially if dh and I want to attend a SS class at church. And it doesn't do as much ab work as the other barre class I was going to. Anyhow, I'll see which muscles are sore this week.

Now I have 3 hours to pull dh's birthday celebration together. He's requested meat fondue (aka oil fondue) and a homemade ice cream pie for dessert, which needs to be gluten-free so dd21 can eat it. I need to go shopping for ingredients for all that now. I think I'll buy two dipping sauces for the meat and make 2 sauces. Dd18 has looked up making crumb type crusts since we're not sure we can buy a g-f graham cracker type crust. I think we're going to make our own crust from g-f cookies. I was going to buy one more gift for dh, but I'm not sure I'll have time. The C family will join us, so we'll be a party of 8 for dinner tonight!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Okay done, with yd wk for now. Chain saw is put away cord is wound up and put away. Side yard had been mowed and spuffed up. Picked up the back yard now taking a bit of a breather. Weather is great for this, I pulled 2 weeds for the chicks.

Return to “Post When You Can”