Tuesday Test

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Tuesday Test

Postby helia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

Oh, my Harriet.
That does sound boring, LadyM. Good on you for volunteering to do this.
WTG LadyM and Dee with losing weight!
Hello all!

I have 4 main goals for today, one of which is done:
x 1. Jog -- I jogged the arb hill (0.6 miles one direction -- up or down) this a.m. -- 2x. That was a first for me. I kept my normal hill jogging pace. It was a 3.5 mile run with about .55 miles to the hill.
2. Groc. store; I'm waiting for dd18 to appear to see what she'd like for dinner Thursday. Dh will be out of town so we'll be on our own. It will need to be fairly quick b/c the Maundy Thursday service is at 7.
3. Finish a draft for the moms group small group retreat happening Thursday. The draft needs to be emailed to the moms group teachers and small group leaders tonight. I'm a little frustrated that I'm not farther along. The weekend was one activity immediately followed by another all day long so no time there, plus I was out of town all day Saturday. I did have some time Saturday night, but I was tired -- and I didn't realize that was the only time I'd have until Tuesday to work on it. I did get a general framework set up during lunch at the professional all day symposium I attended Saturday in another city. Then, I was going to work on it yesterday, but with jogging and work and sitting at the table after dinner to chat with dd18, I couldn't even sit down to look at it until 9:30 pm. And then dh wanted me to look over an email he needs to send to the church leadership. SO. . . it will be this afternoon.
4. Date night with tot J! I think we might color Easter eggs and maybe figure out a fun way to make a little basket. I have a small-ish box we could start with. I'll ask dd8's advice on that one.

Next:
- s2s and self care
- finalize groc. list
- groc. store

I'll probably eat something before I head to the groc. store. It's safer that way.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 am

Thinking I need to look to see if dsonil did a lol last night. If not, think I'll get it going for him. If so, I am SURE it needs to be folded from the dryer and I'll do that as dd and I hate it when he uses the dryer as a 'closet'.

I've been at this computer for 2 hours. Got the K eurig coffee maker and a crockpot ordered to go to dh at the campground. Then I ordered checks for 1 account with that address. Ordered another set of checks for this address -different checking account. Realized that we had this address as the 'legal' address for our override account so might as well make it the legal address for the checks. Also gives me valid FL ID. Can't believe I've been at this for so long. Then I went through the P ublix Ad to write down sale items I might want to pick up this afternoon. Now to do a l&&t for W almart. Also ordered lancets from A river. Everything seems to take so much time -especially when I start over. I had gone through the process of ordering checks from the financial institution at first and realized they were a lot more expensive so scratched that and started over at the C urrent site. I also changed the address on those checks hoping dh will receive them. Before (last fall) I had ordered checks and never did receive them. Partly because by the time they realized the order was not coming it was sent to our PO box up home and they won't forward those. So, never got any. Since dh can't get mail from our PO box (it's forwarded here until May 23rd), I had to make sure they'd go to him -think I did that.

Now to get on my feet and do something productive around here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:12 pm

I have loaded up "past it's prime" old roost that was a tree branch in the trailer, hens are happy they have more floor space. I moved the cage for stray dogs off the front lawn. And excess dog toys out of yhe living room. The loom is out of the living room, tall rolling cart is out of craft room to make room for loom it does not fit as well. I may need to do some shifting. Table is mostly cleared, now I need to sort the boxes and pile of stuff I need to sort. Ack trying not to be over whelmed did use the time for a few rou ds that seemed to help. Shook out a throw rug as well.
Carpot looks better after the stuff I did the past few days.

Next up:
Move spinning wheel out of living room. X
Clear off craft table. X
Sort / move box of crayolas & kid art stuff. X
Load rocks & hide. X
Errands get book at joann's hqlf off . X
Walk ddog. X
Lunch.x
Giving my self an A
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi!

Supper is in the crockpot. Chicken Cacciatore. I just need to boil the pasta later.

We had a massive storm last night with thunder and lightning and possibly hail stones. Neither one of us went out to check, but with a steel roof, the sound was LOUD!

Called cleaning lady to tell her not to come today as the septic system was struggling again due to the rain. It was a bit of a white lie. I wanted to TEST myself to see how clean I could get the house before dh came home for lunch.

There is a very loud and aggressive pair of geese on the roof next door.

So... today I have swept and wet swiffered the entire house. I have cleaned out the cat box. I have polished all of the mirrors. I have dh's blanket from the couch in the washing machine. I have loaded the dishwasher. All other dishes are done. Bathroom is clean. Bedroom is clean. Laundry mountain has been moved to the pantry. Bed is made all pretty. Living room is clean. Kitchen is a work in progress. I have until 5 p.m. to get it finished.

This is the best the house has looked in a while.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Home from school. 5th grade state testing is completed. The kids are elated.

When I got to school this morning I had a few minutes so I walked down the hall to give DGD5 a hug (DD got her after school yesterday and DGD stayed all night with DD.) I hadn't walked 20' before one of the school aides let me know that DGD5 was crying on the playground before school started today. When I got to DGD5 classroom I saw that she was wearing summer clothes (thin material, short sleeve, and short shorts) and no coat. ARGH! The outside temperature was in the 40's with a brisk breeze. During testing, the PreK and Kindergarten classes leave the building to reduce the noise. Today they were going to a local park to play. I didn't have time to run home and get DGD5 some different clothes. I tried calling DH but he didn't answer the phone. Thankfully our back-yard neighbor was at school delivering her kids. I asked if she would go put DGD5 hair up (it was hanging loose) and get DGD5 some long pants & coat from our home. She did it and then text me a picture of DGD5 happily playing at the park with warm clothes on. I love good neighbors!!

Yesterday DGD5 got a blister on her foot from wearing new flip-flops. The school secretary put a band-aid on it and let me know about it. I took DGD5 a pair of tennis shoes and socks to school so DGD5 could change into them.

I know small schools have their disadvantages, but I find this community effort to take care of children a priceless advantage.

DH has volunteered to take DS8 to his speech therapy appointment. He is also going to buy hams for the church Wednesday night meal and our Sunday Easter meal. That was an easy way to get items checked off my to-do-list!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Your house sounds great, cathy!

My grade: maybe B++ because I could have gotten up earlier and a better start. And lost another paper that I searched and searched for and finally struggled to redo...before I found it. Thought I'd looked in that folder. :roll: Anyway, just short of 3 hours solid work at desk, got lots and lots done, pleased that I got it out to mailbox before mail lady rolled down the street. They used to come a bit later and I had a better chance to catch her every day, now I have to rush more.

Dinner is in the crock pot.

This afternoon, a trip to county office, maybe stop at the library.

LadyM, how is DS8 doing with his testing?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:32 pm

iMHO, this group all score high!

LadyM, how is DS8 doing with his testing?

3rd Grade state testing is tomorrow. They have test both in the morning and the afternoon. I will be monitoring testing in the 3rd-grade classroom while DS8 will be taking the same tests in a different room. DS8 vocal tics are increasing so I suspect he will be taking the test in the principal's office.

This morning I noticed the right side of my neck is swollen. That explains why my energy level has been low. I have no other symptoms. Just swollen neck and low energy. I'll remain aware and see if more symptoms show up. It would not be funny if I have the mumps!
1. Know what you want.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 pm

I guess I could be generous and give myself a B.
I'm s2s and headed to nursing home with dh, ds, and both dgrands. Ddil is meeting us there. She only had to work a half day so she's going to play the upright bass since ds doesn't know if the man who usually plays is coming or not.

Kathryn, you are right! Dh always feels worse after he eats. Even if he eats the right things. :( He had a terrible night and he was just sure he'd had too much fluid yesterday bc he ate waaay too many grapes. He is so depressed and frustrated with all of this.

Giving and monitoring state tests is THE most boring, tedious work that ever goes on in school. And stressful for the one giving the test -- all the signing in and out and counting everything over and over.
At one time, we could grade papers or read a book while monitoring. Then they said no, we couldn't do anything but monitor.
They also made us unplug all computers in the testing rooms. You're lucky you can use your phone in there, LadyM!
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Just for fun & giggles (NOT) I asked DMom if I ever had the mumps. Not that she can remember. The mumps vaccine wasn't invented until I was a teenager so I know 100% sure I wasn't vaccinated. But just because the mumps and chicken pox are both going around doesn't mean I have it. I'm going to think positive. ALSO I found several medical websites that say "Adults born before 1957 generally are considered immune to mumps. " It says it on the internet so it must be true!
1. Know what you want.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

It sounds like you have a wonderful caring community, LadyM. I love hearing how people at the school are helping you and dgd5! The staff and parents at our elem. school were also amazingly caring and generous. It was a neighborhood school, and the people in that neighborhood were very tight -- and also quite Jewish, which I think was a factor in creating such a safe and caring atmosphere there. I wish every school in the country could experience that.
((Mr. Lucylee))

I'd give myself about a B today too. I'm procrastinating too much on things that must be done today to receive a higher grade.

Well, dd18's choice for Thursday dinner: pizza with LOTR. LOL! I can't resist that. I don't know if she's going to the Maundy Thursday service with me or not, but she said we could wait to start the movie (which one?) until after I got home. She went to dd21's church when she was living at home and went there last Sunday too.

Grocery shopping is done and everything is put away. I'm not completely done shopping for Easter, but I'll finish that on Saturday. I ordered the leg of lamb last week, and I'll pick that up on Friday. Right now, the retreat is the priority. My draft might be quite rough in spots at this point.

Return to “Post When You Can”