Tuesday Test

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Tuesday Test

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 am

How would your score if you were giving yourself a test today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday Test

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 am

I'm deep into testing mode. Just 36 more hours and it will be over with.

My plans for today include -
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Day 7 of Walking Challenge (1 day streak)
** 4 Bedrooms weekly declutter/deep cleaning
** Patch Tuesday (Microsoft monthly patch updates released) 
** Trash Truck Day
** Post on church FB group Wednesday menu
** Plan Easter meal & gathering

** 8am - 11:30 State testing monitor for 5th grade
** Noon- 2:30pm DS8 to his 1pm appt with Speech Therapist
** 3:35pm Pick DGD5 up from school and monitor her homework
** 5-6:30 pm - Weight Watchers weigh-in/Meeting (my at home weigh in today shows a 3.2 lb drop this week. Who knows what my weight will be at 5:30 in the evening?)
** 5-5:30pm - DGD19 here to eat dinner - the vet DGS19 works for is making his yearly rounds to all the local small towns. DGS19 will be assist the vet in our town tonight. The vet shows up and gives furkids their yearly shots. It is a MAD HOUSE but the vet does about 100 animals in that hour.
** 6-7:00pm Furkids to fair ground for shots
** 6pm - Buy Fresh vegetables & fruit

B: Egg & cheese sandwiches (cereal and milk for DS8)
L: Salad with 10 toppings +Tuna Salad pinwheels
D: Taco Tuesday
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 am

You have a busy busy day d lady! Hope you have a lovely one!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:48 am

Hi
No phone or internet or line to the road.
Ditch witch machine cut the "box" the first man left, even though hrh showed it to the operator. Sigh.

Maybe today sometime yet another appt or people coming. They had said yesterday before dark but no. Hrh is delightful. Smiley face.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:02 am

:D Like this, Harriet? Uh....probably not.

I didn't get up till 8:30. Wow! I was up several times during the night but seemed to fall back asleep fairly well. Nice. Had a significant weight loss this morning which made me very happy! I seem to do that -be stuck in a rut, then all of a sudden when I least expect it, down it goes. I'll take it. My goal right now is to head for the 150's by the time I return to NY.

Think dd and I are going to go see about renting a car for me for the duration. Have a feeling it's going to be at least 3 weeks before I get my car back -if then. Expecting I'll have to 'break in' this new engine. Hope it works better than the last. We will be keeping close track of the oil usage for sure. Have a feeling they've known of this problem with this particular engine for some time and are just redoing as people complain about it. Know dh had asked in NY last fall about it and he never did really get an answer.

Off to breakfast. I'm at least S2S.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am

(((HRH Mr. Harriet))) I know that feeling!

Good morning!

Slept very well. I noted the humidity in the bedroom, despite the weather being warmer and the window open, was back down to the low 20's so night before last I ran the vaporizer to get it up to 30% (made it to 33 on low which shows things like the furniture are rehydrating since in the winter it would take 2 vaporizers to get up that high, that fast.) Last night I went in to start the vaporizer but noted the rain and open windows had the room at 39% so I let it go. Both nights there was a marked difference in the quality of my sleep. Last night I slept 7 hours before having to get up to the bathroom despite drinking a quart of water between 9 and bedtime. Woot!

There was no hot water at bedtime in the bedroom wing pipes. This morning the same was true so I showered in the office. Over the past few years I've learned a bit about how high rise plumbing works. Our apartment is 2 apartments on lower floors so our east side had 2 risers and stacks (pipes and drains) and the same for the west side. On the east side our bathrooms are one set and our laundry room (despite it being off the kitchen) is on another set. On the west side the kitchen and office bathroom make up the final two sets. All this means, if I don't have water, or hot water, at a tap, I might have it somewhere else in the apartment since the risers and stacks are all individually controlled so they can do work on a set of pipes without shutting off the rest of the building. As well, at the 12th floor, plumbing starts over with basement to 11 being one system and 12 to the penthouse is another system. So it is 12 upwards that will have no hot water because it is our hot water tank that is being repaired.

The 12th floor also has all the cable and phone central hookups for the upper floors and possibly electricity as well. I'm pretty sure the garbage chute does some sort of switch at that point because I don't hear 20 thuds when I drop something down, only 10.

Anyway, dh needs to get off the bike soon and into the shower or he won't have any hot water at all.

I'm up, s2s, almost done chocolate and tea, load of laundry on, bedroom tidied. There's a disturbing musky smell throughout the apartment. Not sure if it is from outside or inside. It is worse on the east side of the apartment so I'm pretty sure it isn't my nose. I noted it when I went to the bathroom at 6 and then again when I awoke for the day but I was able to sleep with it. There's a chance it is coming from the river. Or maybe it is all the dog poop in the gardens below my east windows (seriously, the dog walkers let their dogs go in there, right next to the signs. And not enough pick up. If we were to get security cameras, that's where I'd like them set up!

I have also finished installing the tax software.

So I'm off to a good start.

I have a meeting with a tenants' rights lawyer this afternoon. I'm going with the guy handing the rent fight because he's asked. He has another couple going too and they would have been enough support for him but he really wants me there too. So I need to prep for that. That will be my "test" today. To see if I have enough information and can make sure all the questions are asked.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:42 am

My test will be if I can get all the things ordered that I want to for the day. Going to order a K eurig coffee maker and send it to dh as a surprise. He really likes how it makes coffee here, plus the fact that he'd have a water reservoir. I'm toying with the idea of asking ds-R for our ice maker. I've found I really like ice cold water. In fact that's primarily what I've had to drink ever since my heart attack. Usually have about 3-5oz of juice in the morning for my meds, but that's it. (Thyroid med is always taken with water.) DD gave me one of the stainless mugs for Christmas and then put D's on it in different fonts with her vinyl machine. I love it and use it exclusively. Oh, a cup of coffee first thing.

Oh what a difference a pretty good night of sleep can make. I feel so good right now. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:44 am

I dreamed I was sorting stuff in a basement, craft sewing stuff not mine. I had kids helping me. Giving my self an A fir decluttering my mind lol!

I need to move the trash can to the curb and the one old past it's prime roost to the front yard. I will wait till the frost has melted.
Hope Harriet is not wout services too long. Ack!

Bs was acceptable.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:13 am

I'm posting from testing. I was given permission to use my phone as long as it made no noise. It is a fine line for 2 adults to monitor 17 students taking a test without making them feel like they are being constantly stared at. We look at them from ramdom locations while walking around the room and at random times. The students raise their hands when they need something. They are not allowed to leave their chair during the test. If they need a tissue it is given to them from a newly opened tissue box. Every effort is taken to follow the rules of the test.

When I arrived at school this morning I was greeted by school superintendent and principal. They are both on site monitoring the testing process. Test booklets are kept locked up until 2 people sign for them and then sign again when they are returned after the test. At no time are the test booklet ever out of our sight.

The teacher and I have changed location of observation at least a half dozen rimes since starting rhis post. Why am I writting this? To have something to do so I dont stare at the students. Write a word...look at them....Write a word....repeatedly
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:37 am

(((LadyM))) Sounds boring.

I've had breakfast. Read 2 more chapters of my book. Tidied kitchen, washed up dishes since there is still hot water in that riser. Actually all my risers seem to have hot water at the moment. It is back in the bedroom wing, although not steady (dh showered in his shower and ended up with regular, cold, then warm enough by turning off the cold water tap and only using hot.) I swished up my bathroom after brushing my teeth and then dried out the office bathroom shower when I went by with a load of towels for the washer.

I've finished the first load of laundry completely, put away yesterday's hung-to-dry load, straightened my hair, put out fresh towels, started the second load of laundry (we only use cold-water washes so the hot water situation doesn't matter) and started dinner in the crock pot.

So another very productive round. Can you tell I'm avoiding paperwork??!!!!

Return to “Post When You Can”