Wednesday One Way or Another

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Wednesday One Way or Another

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:12 am

DH bought unsliced whole hams yesterday. That is fine when it is only one ham, but we have 6 hams to slice. We have 2 large ice chest in our kitchen filled with ham & ice. I am 100% sure this will turn out okay. Somehow.

DH planned on serving ham & potato this Wednesday night at church. Because we will be out of state next Wednesday night, they moved the elder meeting from next week to tonight so DH could attend. With DH in elder meeting that means no one is cooking at the church. Uhm….except me. While keeping up with 2 kids. I am 100% sure this will turn out okay. Somehow.

DH gave me the handwritten minutes from the last elder meeting to type up and make copies for tonight's meeting. Today's schedule is sorta full. I am 100% sure this will turn out okay. Somehow.

** Steadfast - Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep

** 7:45-3:30 DS8 taking state test. I will be monitoring test in a different room.
** 3:35 Pick DGD5 up from school
** 4pm Cook for Church family
** 5pm Elder meeting
** 6:30 Eat with church family
** 7pm Worship

B: Egg & Vegetables (Cereal & Banana)
L: Salad with 10 toppings
D: church meal -Ham, potatoes & potluck
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

helia

Re: Wednesday One Way or Another

Postby helia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:38 am

Wow, LadyM. You've got a lot on your plate for today. I like your positive attitude, though.

I accomplished all 4 of my main goals yesterday. That feels good. It feels good to have Tuesday under my belt, though Wednesday is going to bring its own unique set of tasks.

My main goals for today:
1. Exercise -- I'm going to barre class with dd18 and dfriend S @ 9:30
2. Letter of recommendation for a student wanting re-admittance to a local university to complete a degree started there.
3. A couple small errands: PO to put something in the mail to my parents and the bank for cash
4. Payroll: grade quizzes, prep for class, meet with supervisor to review my notes from Saturday's symposium, copy the session exam, and finally give the exam -- and probably teach for an additional 45 minutes.
5. Tweak the moms group small group retreat; add more Scripture?
6. Dinner: chili from freezer (homemade), rice, veggie -- either a Med. salad or steamed yellow squash
7. Book hotel rooms for our trip to NYC next month. Dh, S, and R bought the plane tickets together last night when S and R were here picking up tot J.

Dh leaves early this evening for a work trip. After I'm satisfied with the retreat, I'll probably veg a bit, maybe start reading for the moms group teaching I'm doing in 3 weeks.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 am

Today I need to sort a pile from yesterday's clearning out main part of the house. Creativity room is now chuck a block full. Kids will be here after school. We are supposed to get rain so I will not be mowing in back. Laundry needs attn. As well.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:07 am

d lady You do have a busy day! I agree with d helia ... I love your can do attitude too.
your day sounds busy too d helia.. homemade chilli... sounds wonderful
My laundry needs attention too d nancy. we can be laundry sisters as the day goes on. 8-)

wishing you all a wonderful day.
I am going for a walk (small because of lingering illness) (do what you can :D ) at 9 a.m.
10:00 am dr. appointment

I sent in my french homework to my old class but I am not sure if it is correct. The teacher can't grade it but it's good practice. The computer corrects some things. D mom is out of town, dd older is busy with work, and my cousin, in europe, is also busy with work and I can't have anyone look at my work until the end of this week. I hope I am doing it correctly. It will be a good learning experience to correct it - mistakes are a great opportunity for learning.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:11 am

Slept well in my own bed! I was up around 7 and surfed online a bit before I even got up. Dh had made coffee and it was still hot. I've read the paper.

At 9:30 going to walk with dfriend and R uby. Only other thing on schedule for today is getting to grocery store to stock up.

Wonderful trip, although the walking really got to me. Not that much more walking than I do at home, but crowded busy sidewalks and keeping up with dd who is a fast fast walker and the wind (Saturday) just wore me out. We went to the Tenement Museum http://tenement.org/ on the lower east side on Sat a.m. when they opened - and most tours were already sold out. We chose one that was available that morning and watched the movie and went through the gift shop while we waited. I could have spent a fortune on books there, but we ended up with a photography book for our coffee table. Then walked 2.something miles to the Whitney museum, but I was done for by the time we got there. We saw the installation we wanted to see and headed back to the hotel. I napped then, while dh and dd went to the Mortan LIbrary and Museum, which was only a few blocks away. http://www.themorgan.org/ We had dinner with dh's second cousin from L. I. (the people we celebrated Thanksgiving with last Nov) that evening at an Italian restaurant where there were singers and a pianist for entertainment. They sang broadway show tunes and opera!

Sunday we went to the Museum of Natural History, and practically had to drag dd out when it was time to go back to hotel. Again walked a couple of miles, some of through Central Park on a beautiful sunny day. We had a 4 p.m. late ck out at hotel so showered, stored our bags and went to Empire state building, then met dh's first cousins for dinner in the city. They took us out to the White plains area where they live after dinner, and left us with a car for Monday morning. Dh and I went to a Hudson river park and walked a bit, then picked up amazing kosher-for-passover desserts for the evening seder. And it was a lovely seder and time spent with them, then to the airport and home yesterday.

We packed a lot in. My feet and back were sore on Monday and are still a bit achy today. The walk with M will help, I think. We'll keep a slower relaxed pace.

Thought helia might like the travelogue version for their trip - I don't know how much time you'll have for sightseeing with the dd move.

Waving to all! I had so much to say when I CUOPed and now I don't remember anything....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:24 am

I loved the places you went to - thank you for sharing the links.
Really interesting. Have a great walk with your friend d twins. So happy you had a wonderful trip!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:38 am

No time to cuop, just doing a quick post before I leave for a hair appointment. Tried to get a few odds & ends done this morning. Have plenty of footprints to erase when I get back home however. Going to dsisil's for a 'short' visit first. And then I need to go to W mart for a grocery run. Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 am

LadyM: Table saw. Just saying....... (Or put an emergency email out looking for someone with a meat slicer. Dd has one but lives too far away.)

Back from school meeting. Not sure how it went. Was told it was for 9 but in fact it was for 9:15 so I wasn't late. I asked the others to always tell me the wrong time in the future!

NF11 toward the end of the meeting voiced that she wants to go to another school. I'm with her on that. The new teacher is very nice but next to useless. The school lacks organizational abilities and it shows. The staff are wonderful, caring, people but ineffective given the challenging students they deal with (NF11 falls through cracks due to the challenges the teacher faces in the classroom which has included children being removed from school due to unacceptable behaviour.)

The VP and I talked after and she suggested I start up an after school "friendship club" with just 3 invited members, NF11 and 2 girls from my group during the last field trip. These would be friends I'd pick from the class for NF11 if I was asked to pick people, and the only girls she likes. Apparently one of them would definitely benefit from the group. But I already knew that (she's the one that was sent on the full-day field trip with no money, food, or water.) The purpose of the group is to get the parents comfortable with me so NF11 can have play dates outside the school. My police check is enough for me to be able to do this - we'll start with a cooking activity (the school is big on cooking activities because many children are not properly fed a home.) The VP will be the technical 'head' of the program and it will be one day a week. I'm willing to do this to give NF11 a chance to form friendships and maybe look forward to going to school.

I dropped the parents at the grocery store on the way home (easy walk for them to get home after) and am here now. Dh's meeting here has been cancelled therefore I don't have to do a stash and dash.

Dd texted, asking for a grocery run after the physio appointment so that is set (I was going anyway.)

I have about 30 minutes before leaving for that so will check email now for the first time today.

Excellent: nothing requiring attention!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:17 am

I have done two surfaces in the creativity room one bags to toss x and one to donate. I have two more to go but half dobe is something to crow about yea! I texted about dgd class & cap h gown colors. also to get estimate on stump removal. Taking a bit of a break now.

LM consider ham slicing party or cut your own.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am

Twins, your trip sounded like a lot of fun.

LadyM, recruit some volunteer help! If everybody is eating, surely someone would step up and help cook.

Kathryn, I read yesterday's post..about renting.. I agree with all you're saying. It would not work for us though, we use too much of our house for so many things. And since we're still doing all the maintenance and upkeep ourselves at this point it's cheaper. DH has decided he now wants to stay here for a long while. If we can't do it someday, we'll go into something smaller. I had wanted to build a little house like we did for DSiL. DH had said we should just buy a little house and remodel it for us. Now since we're staying, I guess if it's down to one of us we'll just go into a little apartment somewhere.

The thing I don't like about renting is that they can tell you what to do and what not to do. I remember once we had opened an outside door to air out the place for a bit and owner showed up at our place and said we couldn't do that, we'd get bugs in all the apartments. :roll: And the unit behind ours was questionable with ladies and "guests" and the unit across from us had the swat team come because they were dealing drugs. And this was in a nice neighborhood. There was nowhere to BBQ and nowhere to put a washer and dryer. Gee, now that I think of it, I was happier in the other place we rented which was an old single-wide trailer! We rented there because it was a mile from our property where we were building again.

I was really attached to our house when we first moved in and for a short while. Now, I figure whatever works for us at the time will be fine. Gotta stay flexible.

Another big batch of papers all organized, sorted, paid, etc. Moving on to housework now. Just had lunch. Trying to get this place into shape one way or another!

Return to “Post When You Can”