focus on the dance Friday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: focus on the dance Friday.

Postby Harmony » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Hello. Blessed, sounds like you're feeling a bit better. If so, I'm glad for that.

Not dancing very much here. Lazy morning, wasted too much time. Planning in my head but not really doing anything and now the morning is gone.

I did some computer work, cleaned out email box and got an inspection ordered. I have to go to county office and I have to call engineer. Donwanna. But I will.

I want to clean my porches. If I get back early enough...porches have been left way too long. Dust/dirt city out there. I used to keep up with them so nicely.

Ok, off I go.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:54 am

Something of a lazy morning here. Dcleaning lady is here cleaning, I need to head out to grocery in a few. Last minute lasagne for a friend who had to put her dog down recently, I'll make enough for freezer too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:59 am

There's a contrast between Canada and the United States.

Today is a complete shut-down holiday. Only thing open are movie-theatres, some restaurants, gas stations and convenience stores. Schools, government, businesses, stores, all shut. Hospitals are obviously open but just for ongoing patient care and emergencies, not surgeries or non-emergency testing. No health care providers' office would be open. All clinics are closed. Buses are on a Sunday schedule.

My sister just called me because she knew I'd be doing nothing (not exactly true, I should have been working.) As kids we just sat around today if the weather wasn't good enough to go for a walk. But no games, no going anywhere. It was a solemn day.

I'm dressed now and chatted for a while with my sister. She'll be coming to Ottawa over July 1 but is staying with another friend so we just invited dd's godfamily to come for the big birthday party (Canada is 150!) My sister will be back in August but most likely when we are away.

It is noon so I guess I'll make a sandwich for myself and then dh and I will go for the walk.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:10 pm

No time to cuop. The first couple who had looked at the house called this am and offered dd2 279,500 just $400 less than asking with closing costs. Dd2 countered with that price and $5000 closing costs. They accepted and it is sold. Now to get the paper work taken care of. Lots of pluses with this couple, no contingencies, being a contractor he doesn't want an inspection, because he can fix anything that needs it. The bank says they can close in 30 days. I was wondering who would get stuck doing all the little things that an inspection would have found. Dh didn't want it to be him. So dd2 is now telling the 2 realtors who had set up appts to show it that it is sold, contact pending. What a relief. Now dd2 doesn't have to keep showing it and doesn't have to do anything else to it but keep the yard watered and mowed until closing. This guy told dd2 that his wife wants the house so much, that she told him to up their offer and not let it get away. Win-win for everybody.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Just got a reply from the McDonald's manager about my disastrous meal there. He said he's explained to the crew that they should have made me a salad. The crew told me the salads were being unloaded from the truck. That means they either lied to me, or that they didn't have anything with which to make me a salad. Plus, they sold me a salad when they didn't have any. I asked if the problem was with the crew (did they lie) or with management (failed to order the stuff needed to serve customers.) I also said that I understand if the salads don't sell well but then just take them off the menu rather than pretend to be something they aren't. It really ruined my evening since I didn't have the calories left to eat what I ended up having (and in trying to cut calories, I left hungry and munched on crap later.) It isn't as if I chose badly, I went in knowing what I could have, they sold it to me, they were making dh's dinner and then they tell me I have to choose something else because the only healthy non-fried side they had was apple slices. Thinking back, they did have lettuce, tomato and onions because those were on the sandwich I ended up ordering. But I bet they aren't allowed to use those to make me a salad.

I'm in a foul mood today. Must get out in the sun.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm

Change in plans, I will make something else for this coupleinstead of lasagne. Don't want to go to store and I should use my time to work on tax rtns.

Dd is on my very last nerve today.

I'm on the porch while dcleaning lady finishes up. Very nice day, except for the pollen load.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:35 pm

I seem to be in slug mode as in slow mode. Then thinking of cooking a roast in the crock pot. Also eggs to boil & devil. We have decided to skip ths park eggs hunt in law thing mostly. We are feeling a bit under the weather.

I need to walk may hide & seek a few rocks for fun.
Blessed next time your are stuck on a french word or time try Google. I am going to try u tube and see what they have for it.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Wow, Lilac, that is awesome news for dd's house!

Blessed, I hope you are getting as much rest as possible and get some answers from dr. when you see him.

Yesterday dh had blood test for dr. visit next week and this morning he had an INR test, which was 2.5, right in the middle where it should be! Ds#2 said when he called yesterday that he would stop on his way home from work to cut some more of the tree stump down. I have been going out every day this week for a little while to do some raking. I will take the three extra barrels back and maybe he will help me fill them with the leftover debris. That could go out with trash pick-up tomorrow.

I have started Friday cleaning routine; furniture is dusted, kitchen and bedroom are done. I still need to mop floors and vacuum throw rugs. That should keep me out of trouble for a while! :lol:

Earlier this week I cleaned off my desk and shredded a box of papers that had been waiting! I'm trying to tackle small jobs one at a time till they are finished and out of the way.

Twins, your trip to VA sounds nice. Each time we visit ds#3 and dfam we try to do something historical also. There really is a lot to see and do. (Hold on to that last nerve!)

Harriet, glad you are back online again! Waving Hello! to everyone!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:16 pm

thank you... I think I may have a kidney infection? I have a dr. appt Friday but may need to go in earlier.

hi d sunny Yay about your dh's INR test and also on the work you have done!

hi d nancy sorry you are feeling sluggish. Hope you enjoy your walk

hi d twins, what ever you make, I know, will be delicious! sorry dd is on your nerves today! Hope it eases up. Enjoy your outdoor porch time!

so frustrating d Kathryn when people feel they have to fib. Get out in sunshine... sending you a beautiful afternoon

d lilac ' I thought I saw you run by. So happy the couple doesn't have any contingencies. rare but wonderful.

hi d harmony.. thank you! you are sweet - always have been! thank you.

d dee I had to laugh about the checks because I have had the same thing here ... dd younger is bad at it as well as most of my dear dear nieces and nephews. I finally started giving cash so I didn't have to wait. lol. Praying you can get into the dr.

soup is cooking, some laundry washed, counters cleaned, stuff out for making salad dressing for tonight. walked again on the tread mill a wee bit.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 pm

I'm praying too, dBlessed. Gal there is working hard on it. She did say the cardiologist told her it's because our insurance wrote in their letter: "Out of network" and he won't take those patients any more. But can't seem to get in anywhere else either. So we may be forced to change our insurance this fall in order to be able to see doctors here as well as up north. You feel better, please.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”