Significant Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Significant Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm

My computer is running too slow to use because I'm downloading the Windows updates. Note to anyone using a Windows Operating system below Windows10. Make sure your updates are done there's been a host of vulnerabilities released into the wild in the past days and most are fixed by patches included in the March updates. I haven't updated since January so scrambling here.

Dd called to confirm she'll eat the non-onion stuffing I plan on making. After the pub dh and bought the last of things for Monday. So I don't have to go out that day except by choice.

Apparently dgs threw up 3 times today and soaked through an outfit with pee as well. So he's on outfit #5 today - the day he meets his paternal grandfather (so the best few outfits were the first ones used!) He sounded a little fussy in the background and then settled down to happy talking while dd and I were on the phone. He's been giggling for his grandfather so the visit has been going well so far. He also pooped on the potty again today. So he's showing off for his Nonna as well as his Nonno. I hope he isn't sick or I'll have way too much food on hand!

They have to be home by dark (apparently Nonno doesn't want to drive after dark) so they'll come at 4 for a visit before dinner. Not ideal but the best. I'm timing dinner for 6 so that ds can sleep as long as possible during the day. So they'll leave as soon as dinner is over. Sigh...

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello from Central FL! Great start to today, Harriet!

I usually try not to go out shopping over the weekend, but dh had RX refills ready at W-M and our local grocery, Publix. W-M was first stop and we also picked up a few things we missed the other day. It was time for lunch when we got home and groceries were put away. After that I finished up weekend cleaning and changed the sheets on the bed. We decided to have a turkey breast for dinner tomorrow, so got that out to thaw.

Weather here has been in the mid 80s today with a hazy overcast, but no rain forecast. Now, it seems to be a little breezy.

((LadyM)) feel better soon! I dealt with something like that earlier this week.

Lynlee, I enjoyed reading about your special day! I'm glad it was a blessing to you!

Helia, hope Maia's leg is better. Congratulations to Dson!

Kathryn, we were rooting for your team, glad they won!

Nancy, hope you are feeling better now!

Blessed, hope you continue to feel better. Maybe the worst is over!

Dee, wishing you a good night's sleep tonight!

Norma, funny story. Hope Mr. Guy is ok!

Have a nice evening, everyone! Dh just asked if I wanted to watch the next game with him.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:08 pm

It might be allergies I am feeling better. H grilled yum! I folded one load started another. Made deviled eggs. Painted a fish on a rock, thinking I will keep bc my fish died this one won't lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Aw, no fair getting sick on a holiday weekend. (Norma's DH and LadyM).

Sunny, good job getting the tv and chest out to the pickup. Every little bit helps.

I got the porch put back together, after polishing the windows outside and installing the screens and putting all the furniture back. I did get the whole back porch cleaned also.

We've run the sprinklers. Been a long while since we've watered. We raked a couple piles of leaves to burn when we have our next fire.

Busy day. I'm really tired. Early bedtime tonight as we're going to sunrise service at church, 6:45 tomorrow morning if I can get myself up and there in time. They have a breakfast afterward. I don't care about the pancakes so much, but I like the service which is a bit shorter and very traditional with all the Easter hymns. The other 2 services will be much longer and contemporary. Also, the traffic and parking will be better earlier. Must remember to take a hand towel to dry my chair. Last year everything was really dewey and they were handing out paper towels for everybody to dry their chairs.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Was just getting ready to post and dh called. It's been an eventful (and significant) day so far and the day still has 3 hours to go.

DS-A called dh and asked him to go over for hots and salad so he did that. From there they went to the Memorial Garden for our dZoe (she'd be 6 today). All their family went, except maybe dgs17 (think he's probably at his Mom's). DDIL sent pics of them all with pink balloons (which they all released later). Usually dd and I go to Disney on her birthday but we're on 'blackout' this week. Dh is stopping by their house for lunch after church tomorrow. DSGD25 was there as well. Could see the picture of her and she is very large and ready to 'pop' obviously. Dh called me from there and I told him to tell her she was supposed to be having those babies today. (Think she's at least at 38 weeks now -perfect). I could hear her say, "I'm working on it." And when I just talked to dh he said he rather thought she was having contractions during Zoe's celebration of life.

Then a little bit later DDIL -R sent us a text telling us that dgd22 (she'll be graduating from nursing school next month) will be going to live with ddil's dMom who is suffering from Alzheimers. It's only a block away from where dgd is going to college. It should be a win-win for both of them. Right now I know they're paying someone to stay with her though they're not saying so.

Then I found out dgs17 will not be going to Alfred University in NY State, but to a special school for engineering in the east/central part of the state. Understand that part of the 'agreement' is that he'll live in NY for 7 years after he graduates. Not sure that's right -as I heard under the new free tuition that a student had to agree to 4 years. But this may be something entirely different. DSGD17 will go to college on the eastern side of Rochester. Both dgks have pretty much full rides. A relief for their parents I know!

So, yes, today has been very significant here!

This afternoon dd and dsonil went and picked out paint for the living room, carpeting for the living room, their room and our bedroom. And flooring for the kitchen, dining room, powder room, art room and I talked her into that instead of carpeting for the office. Think dh and I are going to put a "mini kitchenette" in there since we'll be the only ones using that room. Want to move our fridge in there and probably put a microwave, a toaster, and a coffee maker in there. It would be nice for us on a lot of mornings.

And, Kathryn, I did figure out how to scan my documents and have started working on that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks for your well wishes for Maia. She's starting to put a bit of weight on her back leg. I did check the paws, Harmony, and everything looks fine and her nails aren't too long. Pepper's on the other hand. . . No, no fire ants here. We did have them when we lived in TX so I know about them. :shock: The injury has slowed her down only a little. Dh and I wonder if she actually realizes she's injured? We're refraining from stick throwing, even though she's asking us to do it. . .

Congratulations to your dgkids, Dee! Does NY give incentives to retain students? Or students in certain areas? Sounds like that could work well if the student is planning on staying in state anyway.

Small group is over and we're home. The 3 kids all went to a movie together, the Lego Batman movie. I'm just going to veg for a while. I should do the hotel reservations, actually. . . And update my WW app.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:00 am

Trying to even slow down has been nearly impossible the last few days.

Posted photos in A, C and N from yesterday when I believe I hit "significant" with a full day of teaching sewing, a joy of mine. He sent a small bouquet of flowers today with a thank-you note nice enough to keep as a "compliment card" like P and P suggest. Flowers, lol. A perk of teaching a guy.

Also yesterday dstepgd came to visit and I got a photo of her with BabyC in front of the azalea, so we have a photo of just the two granddaughters.

Today I kept ds' children while he mowed their lawn. We made a tent and "camped out" in the LR.

Dd came home for the weekend and she and I did the shopping thing, where she got a simple manicure and aqua polish to match her Easter dress and I shopped fruitlessly for any different item to make church clothes look at least a little new, and some other odds and ends. Tonight she went off to a special holiday meal with the young man's family, arriving home early since everyone has early church tomorrow. I stayed home and visited my colorist. She is relieved that the way it turns out she hasn't missed a rehearsal after all -
it's just that we have to be there to rehearse at 8:30 a.m. Too bad sickness derailed the special music - was going to be a trumpet solo.

Return to “Post When You Can”