HAPPY SUNDAY, HAPPY EASTER!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

HAPPY SUNDAY, HAPPY EASTER!

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 am

Good morning to all our villagers. May your day, whatever is coming, be blessed.

Got up and took my T-med about 7:15. Now I'm s2s and ready for church except my shoes & stockings. I'll wait till it's nearer time to leave for that.

DSGD25 shared the video of my family launching pink balloons in celebration of our dZoe's 6th birthday. Dson-A somehow managed 5 years ago to get the school district to allow a memorial garden at our town's elementary school. It was done with the idea that others can memorialize some individuals there as well. It sits right next to the playground and has benches around it. Pavers and a swirled wall surround it. It wasn't planned as such but ended up looking like a heart. So pretty. Hoping our DSGD has those twins very shortly now. She looks great but is quite uncomfortable. Think she's at or beyond 38 weeks.

Meds taken now and it's time for some breakfast. It's sunny here and beautiful day. Hope yours is the same.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: HAPPY SUNDAY, HAPPY EASTER!

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:37 am

Happy easter dearest dee!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 am

I'm up and just finished my tea and chocolate and the book I was reading, "The Soldier, the Terrorist and the Donkey King."

I've also cut up some veggies to have after church while on our way to the Seaway.

I have an hour and need to s2s, make a big breakfast and get off to church in that time.

Last night I finished the data entry up until Dec. 31, just 3 more months to enter. Am wondering if I can get that done as well. I'm anxious to try, so *Poof*

(I hope you all have a wonderful day!)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 am

My stomach has finally settled down (I hope). I had to tweak the Easter lunch menu. I was up before 5am working on the final dishes. I will stay home until 11 then leave for church. I will miss about 1/2 of the service but be there for the Easter Egg hunt afterward. I strongly suspect this will be DS8 last year doing the egg hunt. He is hesitating on doing it today but I think I have him talked into doing it to help DGD5 find eggs. Our egg hunt is country style..... to say the least. We strongly encourage the teen age boys that hide the eggs to NOT PUT THEM on or around the wood shavings/manure pile. But boys will be boys and they can rarely resist. Then the little boys are eager to climb the pile to retrieve the eggs. Yeah. Not a good situation. We don't battle on the hiding of eggs on top of the tractors or farm implements. ....or near the chicken and pig pens. They are smart enough to not put the eggs near the horses. ANYway. I want to be there when DS8 is doing his last egg hunt.

My plan is to put the 6 dishes that need to be hot into the oven at a low temp at 11am. We should be back at home by 1pm. I don't like leaving the oven on while gone but that is the only way I think of to have all the dishes ready to serve on time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:39 am

Does NY give incentives to retain students? Or students in certain areas? Sounds like that could work well if the student is planning on staying in state anyway.
Meant to answer this before, Helia. NY just passed a 'free tuition' with passing the budget. Part of that requires that students remain in NY for 4 years (I thought but it may vary by the type) after graduation. Not just sure why dgs17 has decided on this particular school in NY. Pretty sure this is the polytechnic school in central New York. Will have to find out later from dgs. They also have to maintain a certain grade average and a few other requirements.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 am

feel better d lady! happy easter too

happy easter d kathryn

hello all.

my quiches are finally cooking (#1 is done already - spinach is cooking, poblano/onion quiche cooking, quiche lorraine cooking) I have left over custard from quiches that I put in fridge... will use that tomorrow (we have a hard time with cheese - not feta or goat cheese or parmesan ... go figure) but these quiches are for family
now for carrot shredding for salad

kitchen is a tip!

I am wondering how the free tuition will work ... I know here in Chicago area they passed legislation to have free college for those that have financial restrictions, which is wonderful, but they didn't have a plan on getting the monies. they almost doubled the tuition on anyone who didn't meet that mark even if the family is not of wealth and are struggling.. my niece was shocked that her college summer school tuition almost doubled - she came home from the university and thought she could get some courses in during the summer. Basically they charged the other students more to pay for the program. there has to be a better way to do this. I know Europe has figured out some of the bumps in the road for cost but they channel kids during there early years regarding education (later bloomers/processing issues etc. sometimes loose in the process)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:07 am

I'm just hanging out here this morning on the computer, looking at an Ancestry DNA match close enough to be a first or second cousin, but which I've never heard of. Wondering if there is an adoption there, or a "Non paternal Event." The family is from Missouri, no contact with my state. I have a first cousin who gave up a baby for adoption, according to my older dcousin.

I don't think we have plans for today, will just see what happens. I slept poorly - very stuffy nose and pain in my mouth.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:20 am

Happy Easter!

Dh and I are having a quiet day, nothing special planned. Morning routine is done, watched church service, kitchen cleaned up and turkey breast is ready for the oven. We'll have baked sweet potato, salad and a vegetable to go with turkey. We're looking forward to talking with all dsons and families sometime today!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:47 am

Sunny ditto for us. We begged out of the park egg activity with dgd & in laws.
I got an alert from ddog bs was up. But at least I am not sneezing as much today. I need to pay attn. To some dailies after all the outside stuff I did yesterday. Critters have been fed.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:21 pm

really interesting d twins! For dd younger we just found out that the originally a french version - geneanet is free now unless you want to go in deeper ... found a lot of missing information.. we had the names but not all the birth/death information. Feel better!

hi d nancy thank God for that dog! happy easter
happy easter to you too sunny sounds like your day is lovely

quiches are in the fridge, carrot salad made. dishes washing the first load. I will hand wash the rest after I dye my hair

Return to “Post When You Can”