Tuesday Tax Day (in USA)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Tax Day (in USA)

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:50 pm

sorry you are having a flair up d lynn. Praying it goes away fast.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 pm

***BIG RELIEF!!!***

Federal and State tax returns are done! It took me 11 hours in the last 2 days to finish the tax prep. I started with the intention of filing for an extension. Then I intended on gathering the data and taking it to our CPA. But I ended up just e-filing it myself. I didn't have the nerve to call our CPA at the last minute. After doing our taxes for decades, I guess he does know me very well. I talked to his wife at WW meeting tonight and she said he already filed an extension for us. :oops: :roll:

My weight was up at WW meeting. 1.6 lbs. I'm not happy about it but I'm going to brush it off and continue on. I am NOT going to quit.

Next up -
** Update & print DS8 medical sheet showing the dates of his Tourettes symptoms. He has 2 new tics. If I didn't document the ebb & flow of the tics then it would be impossible for me to remember them all. I'll print a copy of this one-page synopsis to give to the ticologists.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm

WTG LadyM!

Soup is on in the crock pot. I finished cleaning up the oven after the self-clean cycle. The second load of laundry is put away.

Dinner is done. Some of the leftovers have been eaten up. We really aren't very hungry so we didn't eat much. We even split a small slice of cake (1/12 of a 9" cake) so ended up with 1/24 of the cake each and it was more than enough. It is a very rich carrot cake.

We are both tired. I think I'll be going to bed within an hour. I'm off to clean up the kitchen. Never did get to the taxes today. I guess I need a hard deadline. Our deadline is hard, though, there is not filing for an extension in Canada. If you don't owe, it doesn't matter if you don't file on time but if you do (and you have to finish your taxes to know that) penalties start in May.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 am

Hello to AustinGranny! (I've always been lucylee.)

(Lynnlee) Hope you feel better soon -- and I wanted to tell you I enjoyed so much hearing about your confirmation service and I am so happy for you.

WTG to LadyM and any others rushing to the tax deadline! I guess now, instead of lining up at post offices, people just have to CLICK before midnight?

(Blessed's DD)

(Harmony)

And (hella) -- for the cancelled class. I'm sure you'll find something to fill your new "free" time!

Dh is having a rough night. Again.

And ds -- for the first time in his life -- had a migraine headache today. Cancelled his nursing home visit tonight. Field trip to wildlife refuge and C Cheese did NOT help ds's mood -- headache came at the end of the Cheese part -- but dgs had multiple meltdowns... many frustrations... and then ds got home and found out his washing machine is broken. Sigh.

All I can do is help with Nana duty.

Oh my goodness I am so tired of dh being so sick and tired. He is depressed and worried about EVERYTHING -- $$$, ds/health & $$$, everything -- and I can't talk about ANYTHING without making it worse.
And today is the 39th anniversary of our first "Not a Date." :) We sure had no idea then where we'd be today...
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 am

Hi everyone! And a special hi to AustinGranny! I was TheOtherElizabeth and now I am the only Elizabeth.

I am so BORED at payroll now! We are doing our mandatory annual training. Eight hours worth of instruction in such matters as don't come to work drunk or stoned, don't harass others, and don't give out protected information. If I could still get to this site from work, I could have at least taken breaks by posting progress here. I had another migraine and had to take the meds for that. To bring up the blood sugar, I took DD15 to our favorite, but more expensive Chinese place and was a (necessary) piggy. Fortunately, she had no homework. When we got back, she wanted to practice guitar. She is now playing a recognizable "Green Fields of France" (Dropkick Murphys).

I survived yesterday's dance class, but will not be in the performance. I used the upcoming foot surgery as an excuse, but the fact of it is that this instructors choreographies are beyond me. I have finished the thank you letter to the judge who spoke at the animal org annual meeting. I had the devil of a time printing it! Ran out of time for the second thank you letter to another person. I have done some dailies. While attempting to feed the cats, I realized I bought the right brand of food, but the DOG version. Fortunately, there was a bag of other stuff and I will swap this for the feline variety sometime this week.

My traveling companion is coming tomorrow and we are going to get our shore excursions reserved and paid for. In preparation, I did 15 minutes in the LR and FINISHED IT! I still need to do 15 minutes in the kitchen and hallway, and finish the dailies. The printer trouble really threw my schedule.

I got some good news today. When I had the MRI, I was charged $645 out of pocket. However, the insurance covered the entire thing. That means I will be getting the money back. Normally, they would credit it to the card I used, but it was closed out due to fraud, so I will be getting a check.

Must recheck some library books now. Bye!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:07 am

I think it is so so cool that you are doing a dance class d elizabeth... good for you. Yay on finishing your living room and a special yay about the MRI being covered.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 am

saying my prayers for your dh and your feeling better as well d lucy.

Return to “Post When You Can”