Wonderful Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Wonderful Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 am

Good morning!

I hope you all have wonderful days, whatever you have planned.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 am

I'm awake.

The bones, etc. are out of the stock and cooling off so I can clean that up.

I'm waiting for MF to call at some point this morning. Not sure when he'll be in the car but he asked if he could call while driving and I said yes. The final outcome of the upset with his congregation was decided 2 weeks ago and I'm guessing he realizes he has to update me before he leaves on his course and I show up there. It certainly would help to know what the heck happened. As well, we have to plan past May.

Because I did almost nothing yesterday, the apartment remains all tidy and clean. I find myself wandering around enjoying how nice it looks. I'm also loving the tulips I bought for myself yesterday. They look wonderful on the table.

I will have to mess up the table today and, at the very least, sort the tax information.

I also have to come up with things to do in the car. Today is put on summer tires day so we are off to do that (first come, first served so we plan to be there early afternoon and just sit until it is done) and the drive on to the Seaway for the fish & chips we missed on Sunday. That means I'll be out of the apartment basically all afternoon so will bring work with me.

Still have to shower and dress. Should have done that before telling MF I was available for a call. Dh is on a conference call later today and on the exercise bike now so I can't rely on him to answer the phone for me. Basically I'm stuck in my dressing gown until after the call. The bedroom is tidy and my clothes for today are laid out. So it is just my showering and styling my hair that will have to be done. Hope no-one comes to the door!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:52 am

Good morning, Kathryn and blessed.

Sorry to hear Lynlee has a flare-up of an old ailment. Comforting though, to know it was probably certain foods that caused it, since that can be reined in. Smiling at this handle explanation:

"For a while I was the last past of my name.
Here I suddenly had a sister Lucy."

Flare-ups - I believe it was the 4 to 5 days without internet/phone last week that caused yesterday's rebound flare-up of an old ailment for me. Bejeweled. Having reached a score I doubt I'll see again - and one that will keep my husband and daughters silent if we discuss - first on tablet of HRH's and nearly matching it on my phone (more difficult, I think), I believe I am cured, until next bout. This happens to me from time to time.

It's also dd18's fault, for putting the new free android app of classic with 6 modes onto my phone. I find this version of Diamond Mine mode on the new one to be very challenging (read: addicting - no recommendation to anyone who's susceptible). I prefer not to discuss the time length we are talking about when I say "yesterday".

helia, I enjoyed the links - wise of you to be thoughtful and preserve patterns. My collection of 1940s apron patterns is very enjoyable to me, and some are rare though not extremely rare. I have the envelopes for some that had come through the mail, with their one-cent postage. Enjoyed hearing about the tie for your dh, too.

lucylee, he may have had that rare migraine in response to the cheese. Exedrin has an online article "Tyramine and what the heck is it" (so they can offer you a printable coupon for their product). Cheese contains that amino acid so can cause migraines. Of course, an expensive arena full of loud and excited children playing video and arcade games has one of the ingredients for a migraine, too.

Hi to AustinGranny - nice to post with you again. Though I used to have little whatsits on either side of my handle, ~Harriet~, otherwise, it's just me.

So, regarding above admission of "yesterday",
Wednesday needs to be "Let's get busy" day for me.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:57 am

Good morning, SHE friends.

Up to make my coffee and watch birds at my feeder.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 am

Good Morning!

I just realized this morning that RR and I are traveling to the same city today! Different modes of travel. Different purposes. But I'm 99% sure it is the same city. There is almost no chance we will accidently run into each other. The city metroplex is bigger than several states.

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 148
** Steadfast - Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep

** Pack & travel to Dallas
** Find the location for tomorrow ticologist appt.

B: Egg, cheese & turkey bacon (Cereal & Banana)
L: Catfish Charlies
D: Cracker Barrel

DS8 was up and packed before daylight. Then he cried because he will be separated from his puppy for 36 hours.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 am

I've had tea and chocolate. Put away the cooled down soup stock and cleaned up and washed everything on the kitchen counter. Left the hot soapy water for breakfast dishes.

Dh is in the shower now.

No call from MF yet.

As soon as dh is out of the shower, I'll get in.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 am

Harriet, I think it was blessed who posted links to family patterns. I haven't looked at them yet, but I should! Yes, it was my dh who received a unique tie from dd18 for his birthday. Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one susceptible to games. I never got into bejeweled, though. Freecell is a comfortable old standby for me.
Good morning Agranny! Could you get onto the other web site this a.m.?
It's nice to have a clean home, isn't it Kathryn? Now that we are emptynesting, it's amazing how much cleaner our house stays. When the kids are home over the summer, that will all change of course. Dd21 is our messiest kid by far.
Have a safe trip, LadyM!

I did a bit of sprucing up yesterday before our guests came last night, so I am also enjoying a clean house -- except all the dishes didn't fit in the dishwasher. Dinner dishes + dessert dishes for 8 + odds and ends dishes was just too much. So, now there's a respectable pile of dishes on the counter. I need to unload and reload.

I don't know what I was thinking last night. I made WAY too much peanut sauce for the meal yesterday. So, I have put some in the freezer. I have enough to make a future meal (or 2?) of peanut chicken. It makes me happy to have a freezer well-stocked with home-made meals/meal starters. :)

I can't get to the sheforums this a.m. That's too bad. I use that site for lists, like some very long lists, including monthly goals. . . I hope it's back up soon. And I hope it's a problem with the site being down and not a problem with my computer. I try not to post long lists here. Maybe you won't mind if I do post some lists here today??

My short list -- Main Goals for today:
1. Get together with BVE (I saw her last night!), SK (used to be S2), and a friend I haven't seen for years - BH @ 11 a.m. We were all in the moms group and book club together for many years. BH goes to a different church, the church dd21 attends, actually. She is one of the ministers there.
2. Work on moms group teaching
3. Progress on the id theft project; contact fed. trade commission?
4. Exercise - barre class with dh @ 5:45

Next:
- some qt
- reclaim the kitchen
- text friends that I'm bringing my own lunch to the get together
- contact RC (my ex-mentee! She's home visiting from S. Korea where she's working. She is Korean-American.) about our get together on Friday

Done:
- checked email and web sites
- tea
- dogs fed and watered
- s2s and self care done
- found a recipe for cabbage rolls I'd like to try, maybe Saturday or next week. Since I'm not working this session, I'll experiment more in the kitchen. That's fun for me!
Last edited by helia on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

SHEsPandora

Postby SHEsPandora » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 am

Good Wednesday Morning Dear SHEs

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

No, Helia, it's still down.
LOL That's why I'm here. Have to get my SHE fix.

Need to get my morning routine underway, well, besides coffee and bird watching.
This is supposed to be an errand day with lunch out with DF.
I have a short errand list but no place I really want to go.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

Good morning dearest>>>
Kathryn
Harriet
AustinGranny
Lady
Helia
pandora

and all.

Just a quick hi... Happy Wednesday!!!