Must be Apron Day Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Must be Apron Day Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:33 am

Awwwww! :( Ya'll got out your aprons yesterday without me and I didn't get to play! (What a day here - not so good. I couldn't even take a breather and approach the computer most of the day.)

I'm betting several aprons are still at the ready, because it's the Friday push to have a welcoming home for the weekend. And aprons are a big help.

An apron makes me think of "flying into" a task that I might otherwise approach with a sigh. An apron (or an Apron Attitude while needing to wear garden clothes or business clothes) puts a spring in my step and begins a quicker pace toward a completed task.

For what project do you need an Apron Attitude today?

blessedw2

Re: Must be Apron Day Friday

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am

oooo an apron attitude!!! I like it. Good morning d harriet.

good morning/afternoon/evening - depending where you are in the world today.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 am

It's birthday celebration day here. DGS22 and DGS20 both have birthdays today.

I'm watching the weather for a couple days sunshine without rain. It's time to take the pool cover off but I need to a couple of good drying days to let it lay out and dry completely before storing it. It looks like Sunday - Tuesday is going to be good for this project.

Last night was heavy thunderstorms and big hail (baseball size). Thankfully the big hail stopped about 4 miles from us and switched to pea size.

My plans for today include -
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Finances updated
** Big buy list shopping trip for staples
** progress made on yard and garden - depends on weather

12:30 - Birthday celebration at Mexican Restaurant.

B: Egg & Vegetables (cereal & banana)
L: Birthday Lunch for DGS22 & DGS20
D: Friday Fries, Hamburger, big green salad
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am

happy birthdays! d lady

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 am

I'm up. Have made the bed, refilled the humidifiers and rescued the cut flowers (they suddenly drank all the water in the vase and half of them were wilted so I cut them down and put them in a glass basket vase.)

I watered the poinsettia because I'm overwatering it now that it has been moved next to the east window and radiator where it will likely dry out faster than when it was against a north wall of the apartment 20' from the nearest non-north window. There seems to be new growth I wish to encourage. At the restaurant on Sunday, they had one of the same ones (I recognize it from the container) and it was much bushier but no red leaves, only green. Mine is still 50/50. There's was also in a window but a north facing one.

I've had my tea and chocolate and summarized the week so far in my bullet journal (haven't used it this week as a to-do list.)

Dh wants to take me to a movie tomorrow. That depends on how the taxes go. I need them finished by the time I leave on Saturday since dh will be gone when I get back and I need his help.

Dh is off to another movie today. He loves going to movies and goes as often as he can.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 am

hi d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am

heading out soon. vet for dogs. why I booked both dogs I will never know lol

yesterday I had to cancel aunt because I needed to sleep... :? I know she was counting on it. I will have to do it Saturday when I am over in that area.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am

Hi!

No apron here today. Supper will be leftover cannelloni from last night. Personally I thought the pasta wasn't that great. Of course, dh loved it. He loves anything pasta.

Got a hint that someone is coming over Saturday to look at the wiring in the kitchen. Today is "Put away as many books as possible" day. I have almost all of the fiction in alphabetical order. I also have almost all of the non fiction in groups. Biography and travel seem to be the highest piles. Also authors with the last name starting with G seem to be the highest pile.

I had a set of 4 nesting tables in the library just as I went in on the left side. I have no moved them back to the kitchen where they used to live before the floor got repaired last September.

A friend has asked me to help her move some stuff to her storage unit. Now that it isn't raining, I think I might give her a call and see when she wants to do this.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am

Well I guess I am making dinner what we wanted is not avalible w out an order in we were not on the ball enough to get that done in time. I may have to cook 2 days in a row lol! Hens have bern fed. Pay roll this afternoon. Next up jpurnal and work on kit duty & laundry.

AustinGranny
Registered

Postby AustinGranny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:41 am

Good Friday morning, SHE friends.

Trying to stick to my daily plan of routine house stuff and exercise in the morning.
Moving very slowly ... very slowly indeed.
Weather is not in my favor; I need SUNSHINE!

DGS Elder was here yesterday evening to move out stove and fridge and treat for these monster American roaches.
Have had a real infestation but my baits and sprays are working ... just fine. :shock:
Pulled stools and things out of the K to make room for pulling out the appliances and cleaning up under them and now need to mop the floor before I put the little stuff back. Vacuumed the floor last night so all ready to mop.

Return to “Post When You Can”