SUPER SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SUPER SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 am

Continuing with much of our theme this week, let this Saturday be SUPER!

Glad your taxes are done, Kathryn. Dh is keen on going on another cruise but it's not going to be for a while. Chances are it'll be to areas that are covered by my pass card. If I ever find I need a regular book, I'll apply for it later. Sure I'll have enough time as we tend to plan well ahead.

Man is coming in about 2 hours to measure for carpeting. DD is so excited that this is about to be done. First she wants to get the living room, entryway and kitchen painted. They've decided to leave the dining room and just put up -oh shucks what IS that wall called that goes halfway up. I'm drawing a blank here. I imagine it'll come to me soon. They had always planned to do that and it just never got done.

Time for me to take my morning meds and get on with the day. DD and I are going to the Orlando Solar Bears hockey game later today. They're on game 4 (they've won 2 & Florida Everblades -1). So that guarantees game #5 which will also be in Orlando.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SUPER SATURDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:21 am

I am so happy you are getting new carpeting... how fun
happy Saturday d dee!

I am heading out soon. take care.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:48 am

Good morning Dee! Going to the hockey game sounds like a fun activity today.
Happy Saturday blessed. You are heading out early.

I'd like to try a cruise sometime, but dh is not interested. I think it's his same personality trait that means he has no patience with road trips. He needs to be able to move and/or work all the time. He doesn't do well staying in one place. I know the cruise ships are huge, but dh would feel stuck. Well, we once looked into an Alaskan cruise, and the idea of stopping and exploring the Alaskan wilderness was very appealing to him. Me too. The price, however, was not. I think it was $5K/person, and we were a 5 person group. For 1 week, that seemed too much. I don't think that even included air fare to get to Seattle or wherever it launched.

We still need to get our tax stuff to our accountant. That's not my thing to do, and it's now complicated enough that dh has no desire or time to do it himself either.

Aw, thanks for thinking of me, LadyM. I've thought of going back to tutoring, but I think I can teach ESL better in a classroom setting, unless I'm teaching essay writing specifically or TOEFL prep. I use getting to know other students as a motivating factor for English use/practice in my classrooms. I do need to keep myself available so if there's a class for me in the July session, I can take it. If there's no class then, I'll reevaluate. I could apply to other jobs anyway; I could work 2 part-time jobs if I wanted -- and if I could get them. Other teachers do that. There could be a slight uptick in enrollment in the fall too. But if the trend continues, that will be a problem. Also for dh's ability to recruit the best grad students out there. We really do get the cream of the crop from around the world in our graduate schools right now. We are a bit of a brain drain from other countries. But perhaps no more.

Main Goals for today:
1. Run 8 miles. :shock:
2. Laundry
3. Progress on moms group reading
4. Progress on unpacking books
5. Groc. store run??

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

Happy Earth Day!
Finish laundry one goal. Load going in the washer now.
Journaling done.
Some supplies needed.
Coughing a bit.
H left for work he hoping it is omly a half day.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:29 am

Just printed off my service. Will read through it on the way to the movie. Dh wanted to go to a movie and said I didn't have to feel like I need to come but he'll be gone when I get home from preaching tomorrow so it would be nice to have a 'date' with him before he leaves. I'm also considering having an early dinner and then driving up. That way we can go to the pub together and have that weekly date as well. We'll see. I also would like to be off the road long before dark due to the risk of a deer strike.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:42 am

Happy Earth Day. Google's cartoon is cute today - still art that you scroll through.

Dd18 ended up in the midst of Apron Day with me. She got a lot done - her room looks great - and even took a break to cut off a pair of jeans and make them into hemmed shorts without help from me. So that was very good. She won't be here this weekend, which reminds me I may email around to make sure we'll have song leaders at church.

But ds' sudden troubles with his day's plans meant that I had to go over there for several hours, so my own work wasn't so impressive. BabyC was so distraught about her Dad being on view through a window but not available to her, that she cried herself to sleep. Sigh.

But then in a quiet house I had great teaching time with our green-eyed boy 5. We did a rather difficult word search for animal names, that had come on the back of a cracker box. Note to self - he would appreciate a simple word search book.

Today I need to get ready for a houseguest. Dstepgd may be spending the night.

HRH cleaned the vacuum cleaner for me, which was a lot of help. I'll be able to jump right into that task today.

helia, that's interesting about bright students. Hope you get your own teaching schedule the way you need it.

Kathryn and Sunny each gave me reminders of stuff I need to do today!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:47 am

Oh, deer strikes are quite prevalent in our area up home too, Kathryn. Think our family has all hit one at one time or another. In fact I had TWO hit my car one February night. Couldn't drive our car after and it was only up the street from our house so we went back and got our 2nd car -after the police came for the mandatory report. Remember hitting another one nearby on another day. Know dd, ds-R and dh have all hit one. They're hard to avoid -just avoid those 'deer crossing' signs. :lol:

I've done all I can with my hair for my passport photo. It's so hard to manage. Time for me to try another perm. Had been going without for about 18 months or so. Now not too sure after all the med changes and anesthesia. But what's the worst that can happen? Might not last but at least I'll try. Just need the body really.

Almost forgot to include my checkbook when I go for passport. :roll: Don't always carry it with me.

That's dd's situation with her dh and cruising too, Helia. But at least she can go with us. In fact he barely wants to go anywhere that there's apt to be very many people. So she grabs her DDad to do a lot of things she'd like to do.

Harriet, how old is babyC now? I'm sure it's going to be more than I think. Waiting patiently for our own twin boys to arrive. Hoping DGD25 is feeling better so she'll be ready for this birth and to be home with 3 boys 2 and under.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

google cartoon is really really cute. d harriet thanks for sharing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:09 am

The kids broke a bowl while eating breakfast. It shattered into 3 rooms. I swept, vacuumed and then mopped twice. End result = very clean floors.....and hopefully glass shards free.

DGD5 just hurt her fingers so I fixed a ice pack for that owie.

I can't get started today on what I wanted to do. Can't even remember what it was. The 12 P's don't seem to be working for me today. Purpose, proper prior planning, passion, patience, persistence, and perseverance prevent p*ss poor performance. I need to abandon the P's for today and just go with SUPER.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:12 am

what IS that wall called that goes halfway up

Wainscot? Chair rail?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”