Serene Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Serene Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:30 am

I'm in 'fake it until I make it' mode right now so I will declare today Serene!

Good luck with that.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Serene Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:33 am

Forgot my bite guard and my room is next to the elevator although I don't think it ran much between 11 & 7 and running any time after 6:45 was fine as I needed to wake up.

I listened to waves to get to sleep. Interesting choice. I think it worked, not sure.

I had a restless night, though. With a strange bed in a strange hotel, that shouldn't be a surprise. I don't feel too dragged out so should be fine. I've showered and put on my jeans. Am having tea and chocolate now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 am

I wish you a serene sunday after such a restless night d kathryn!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:37 am

Yesterday slept again during the day... but that's ok because I feel peppy today!

I have a big day (fingers crossed) in the house. working on taking down the laundry gremlin who took over our up stairs. (I wish our laundry machines were on the second floor and I wish I had the money to do it 8-). One of our neighbours has this and I am so so so jealous).

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:02 am

Always made sense to me to have the laundry on the same floor as the main bath(s) and bedrooms, too, Blessedw2. First time I saw it I was so envious. But never had it either. And now when I'm up north have to travel about 500' to get to the laundry. But at least it's more accessible than it used to be at our campground (we have 2 now).

Went to the hockey game in Orlando with dd last night. What a game! Orlando is in the 1st round of playoffs and have played against the FL Everblades (from near Fort Meyers). They played this team 14 times for whatever reason in regular season and lost to them 10 times. So far the series is 3/1 -Orlando. Last night's game was excellent and had its fill of fights but the big one came with 46 seconds left. Orlando was winning 3/0. Then all double hockey sticks broke out. Ended up with 10 fighting, 10 game suspensions and even both goalies were ejected with 1 game suspension (meaning last night's game). One player ended up with 2 game suspensions so won't play today. DD ended up having to stay over quite a while till they got all the stats to 'take' in the computer. I was all by my lonesome, except security kept a good eye on me. I've gotten to know some of them well so they were extra vigilant. Never got home till 11:35 and we get to do it all over again this afternoon. This will either be the final game in the first round (if Orlando wins) or they'll go on for 6 and perhaps 7 in Fort Meyers.

I've had my T-med and now on to meds and breakfast.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 am

I am up thought it was 8 but it was 6 :roll: . Fed animals. It is raining here today. I need to journal & store run needed. X Got the groc. Out of thd rig & unloaded unbagged and put away. Took a short walk w ddog.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:44 am

Good Morning to all! I love Serene Sundays! I try to make Sunday our easiest and quietest day.

We were up early. Most of the morning routine is done; breakfast, bed made and room tidied, dishes are washed and drying themselves and we've watched our church service. Our church's assistant Pastor lost her dhusband on Friday. He'd had a stroke on Monday and though there was hope he might recover it wasn't to be. :(

I think I will start a load of laundry and have some quiet time at my desk with my second cup of coffee. Wishing you all a good day.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 pm

I slept well and slept late. Dh and I are leaving soon for the temple annual meeting (no responsibility for it anymore!!!) and it's followed by a concert this afternoon. Yesterday we went to the local arts festival - bought a wonderful menorah for our collection, and a purse and earrings for me!

I started the dishwasher when I got up, it had been loaded up overnight, altho with both dkids in the kitchen the kitchen is a mess again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Yes to Serene Sunday! I continue to be a slug. Once I stopped yesterday afternoon, I haven't restarted. I hit a wall and need some down time. So I am taking a day. Binge watching Netflix. Nothing exciting just something to keep my mind occupied.

DS8 needs an IEP, ADHD should be sufficient, tics or no tics.

Nope. Been down that path. Even though DS8 has been evaluated by 3 medical professionals and all diagnosed him with ADHD, that is not enough for an IEP. The school is required to hire someone to evaluate DS8. They did that last year at school and that person said his ADHD didn't qualify for an IEP. They did the evaluation while he was taking ADHD meds and was doing well in a regular classroom. However, the school is treating DS8 as if he had an IEP. He took the state test in a room by himself and a person that read him the questions. He had all the advantages of IEP without the actually paper.

I will talk to the principal next week about their willingness to continue with part-time school next year and see what she says. It is all on their willingness to help us and they have ever right to refuse. Our state is the only state in the nation with a constitutional provision guaranteeing parents the right to homeschool their children. They totally separated homeschool from public school requirements. Parents have complete freedom in this state to homeschool however they want. On the flip side.... public schools do not have to give homeschool children anything. In fact, that has already been challenged and Court of Appeals upheld a decision denying a homeschool student access to part-time public school enrollment. I don't know any other homeschool child that attend public school part time in our state. Our part-time school arraignment is totally at the discretion of the school administration.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:53 pm

yay no more responsibility d twins.

Return to “Post When You Can”