MONDAY MAGIC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

MONDAY MAGIC

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 am

I truly need to perform magic in our bedroom and the office in the next very few days. Have to move everything that I can possibly move from both rooms before they come to rip up all the carpet. Trick will be -WHERE TO PUT IT ALL! Plan on putting as much in our bathroom/shower as I can. Much will be piled on top of each other. Also have to empty both closets. This is not seeming fun. Every time I awoke during the night it was all running through my mind. Trying to do just 10 items at a time. Once I start with all the drawer stands they'll stack in the bathroom (I think). Going to put as much in the garage as we can (of things we're taking north.) Which also means getting some packing done. Aye! :roll: DD hopes to take the day off the day they're coming to rip. That will include: our room, the office, the art room, the living room, the large entryway, the hallway between those rooms and her bedroom and 5 closets (2 of which are walk-ins). At first dd had thought about leaving the carpet as is in the closets but dsonil is really "into this" now and wants all that carpet ripped out. We're figuring this carpeting is probably nigh onto 25 years old. The carpet in the living room, office, art room (T's old bedroom) and the hallway is absolutely disgusting. Main culprit being T.

Was really tired by the time we came home from the hockey game last evening. Could tell that the FL team was 'out' to get the Orlando goalie on Saturday. Their goalie came from the other end during a fight with 46 seconds left in the game and attacked Orlando's goalie. Ended up with him having a concussion as this guy kept beating on the back of his head -so of course he can't play until cleared by the doctors. And expectedly FL won last night giving Orlando the lead in the series but only 3/2. They play in Ft. Meyers again on Tuesday and Wednesday if needed.

Very cloudy almost rainy looking out. We sure could use some. There are so many wild fires here and a definite burning ban.

Just realized last night, Harriet, that I evidently put my B-12 away and haven't taken it for weeks. It's now out here so I'll remember (she says hopefully) to take it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: MONDAY MAGIC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:18 am

hi d dee! sending you a magical day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:20 am

woke at 6:15 this morning and am almost ready to start 8-)

Happy Monday

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:57 am

Today our Homeschool is going to include a hike at the local mountain refuge. It will be a guided 3.5-hour hike and include finding black igneous rock Gabbro. I'm counting this as DS8 PE class, science class (geology) and his social exposure to new people. We will be back home in time to pick up DGD5 from school.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:17 am

how cool d lady!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 am

my excitement for today: (don't be jealous)

get a room at the library for the french tutor on Thursday (so excited) :D
Stop by dentist and ask about bill
buy boxes and tape :D
send patterns to museum :arrow:
take dirt out of old planters and put in garden :arrow:
Order dr records to go to new local dr. :arrow:
build portable closet for dd youngers hanging cloths - we are emptying her room to wash paint and put wood floors in
set up pictures for scanning (don't do the scanning)
grocery store :D
contact sailing centre for me
Call bank :D
write: museum - check :D

OUTDOORS :D
dogs :D
continue packing dd youngers things :D
wash one area in 3 season room where dd youngers things will be going

the 3 D's:
dishes :D washing themselves now :D
dinner :D I went back to eat twice :o not happy with my self
duds folded, washing new bunch :D

harmonica (away from the dogs) :arrow:
French - some done :D

Dh
Call fence people as our fence posts/cement lifted out of the ground this winter :arrow:

keep in mind for this week:
rent power washer for fence
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

I finally got around to setting up the week in my bullet journal, setting out my goals for the week and slotting in dd (so far my only appointment for the week.) She emailed at 7:50 that she'd like to book me for some time this week. I called her back at 8 and we decided on tomorrow morning.

I also started up my May planning page. I've told dh to protect May 21 to June 5 so we can go on a trip. I was thinking we'd be starting on the trip after the retirement home service but see we'll be in Pembroke. Oh well, we can leave there by 1 (instead of 3 from the retirement home) and still make it to Quebec City by the same time. It just means more planning on my part to get the car fully packed before heading up to Pembroke. And the weird feeling of driving by our home on the way to our hotel for the night, since Pembroke is north-west of Ottawa and Quebec City is east.

Hmmmm, we could take the Quebec highways the whole way for a new experience. Will check out google maps to see how much time that would add.

This is Canada's 150th year and we nabbed a free pass to all National Parks so I'd like to visit the Citadel in Quebec as well as two national parks in that area. Then we'll move on to Prince Edward Island and revisit the parks and historic sites there, including Anne of Green Gables, and then take a ferry to Nova Scotia and visit the Alexander Graham Bell museum in Baddeck before heading to Halifax to visit Unc (and dfs and wife, and my cousins.) I have two full weeks off and an unexpected lack of appointments during that time so will take advantage of every minute of it!

I've set up a heavy day for myself today and a lot of things for the week as well, so need to go get dressed and get started both on work and housework.

*Poof*

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 am

I am up on time fed the animals, journaling is done. Had breakfast. H took eggs to the crew at work. It is raining outside this week. Make stew in crock pot.

This week I am going to try painting chickens on rocks.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:23 am

Hi everyone
So far this a.m. I've made an online order and delegated the annual call to the exterminator to HRH. Spiffed the kitchen.

Houseguests this coming weekend have my week shaping up.
I also need to call to get ideas for bday gifts. Like lucylee, there's more - have a baby shower coming up with registry, and another baby just born but since we know the Dad rather than Mom, not invited to any previous shower but should send something to him. I bet he'd like a paper gift in a small envelope best.

Stain on the quilt I'd like to hang for spring is bugging me. It would be at the top of a basket quilt, and basket quilts have a definite top and bottom, so no turning it upside down, lol. I'll just have to tackle it.

We need to get the car inspected.

Best wishes on new flooring blessed and Dee. I should consider change as well.

blessed you are building a portable closet? Do you mean assembling something purchased or are you carpenter-ing? If so, you can come over here to build one next. :)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 am

I'd like to get a pedicure today, have offered to take dd too. Need to ck on her soon - she's still asleep - and see if she wants to go. I'm getting a late start; I slept in over the weekend and woke up slow this morning!

Before I fall asleep, I turn over some genealogy "problem children" in my mind. Sometimes I come up with good ideas! So I wake up in the a.m. ready to research. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”