Tensile Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tensile Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm

Computer crashed badly. This time I got an error message indicating hard drive is failing. I'm trying to make recovery disks now. Yes, I know, that should have been done a year or more ago.

Also digging up my receipt. I know I have an extended warranty on it, probably even on-site service. Need to make a call. But most importantly, need to keep backing up fully.

Sigh... this is just what I need while going through corporate year-end.

Edited to add: shoot... I put the dvd in the drive upside down so I have to restart the whole process. Extracting the files got lost so that 40 minute process is running again. I have to leave for the airport before that will get done so this won't be done before I have to leave.

In the meantime, I'm doing simple tidying. I should be out delivering newsletters but I'm not because I have to be here to answer my computer's question when it gets around to asking me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:45 pm

quick hi before heading out. waving at you.

grocery store done and groceries put away
spoke to dd older on the phone
bank dh and I went separate times yay it's done
concert lawn tickets bought!
https://www.ravinia.org/Calendar
I also have been checking out https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/d ... vents.html yay summer is coming

now for library
then pay back a loved family member for tickets they bought for me.
I need to play with dogs and walk my self. ;)

have a good afternoon and evening
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 pm

The recently ordered sun hat and snake gaiters arrived. I only ordered one so we could see if that style, size would fit everyone. They did and everyone liked them. I ordered 2 more sun hats and 2 more sets of snake gaiters. It aggravated me that the snake gaiters increased in price by $13 since Monday.

DH took DS8 fishing. I thought about going but quickly talked myself out of it. DS8 has tried my last nerve today with his bad attitude. I need this break from parenting.

The thought of cleaning bathrooms alone sounds strangely good. Alone is the key.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Apparently I messed up again.

Starting over one more time. I supposed to choose the USB option even though I'm using a DVD-RW.

Time to leave so it will (might) get done when I get back.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:11 pm

The amount that something can stretch or be stretched without breaking

Hmmm… I’m thinking we have reached that limit here.

WTG w/the roller skating, LadyM! I’ll be cheering you on from the sidelines here.
My aunt used to take me skating all the time. Boy… it’s been a long long time. Probably haven’t had a pair of skates on since I got out of high school…

Dh is coming home tonight. I had another good sleep. Those are not unrelated sentences.
(((Kathryn)))
I can certainly relate to that… oh my… if my dh were to be out of town for a few days, I’d probably lock the door as he left, and sleep till he returned…

I continue to have days I can't even get to our village.

Yes, Harriet. Yes…me too…

And now dh wants me to walk with him -- half mile maybe? Yes, I certainly need to do that...

BBL.
Maybe.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Paradise. Beachfront condo and the noise of the waves. We got in safely, eventually had lunch out on a patio overlooking the ocean, then got a very few groceries. Only here until Sunday am.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Wondering how Elizabeth is doing.

I've been stretched sure the past several days. Couple times I tried to get back in here and got interrupted. Gave up.

Wed. I went out to help DH do a little job that should have taken us 1 1/2 hrs but because we both move so slow and he has to tell me every little thing to do and he does that poorly these days... it took us 3 hours. We got home and I slept all afternoon. He slept too then ran out and forgot about going to youth group until he came back and I reminded him. Man, we both need help.

Today I met my 2 girlfriends for brunch and I ran a couple errands on the way home. One of them is ADD (her own admittance and she takes meds for it) and it's hard for us to get her to focus to put in her menu order. We've discovered we have to sit there absolutely quiet and not talk until she orders.

Between the heat, the work, the stress, my old age...I've surely been stretched. I couldn't climb up on the little platform DH wanted me to be on. My legs just didn't have the strength. Well, we're both just doing the best we can, but I sure see the end coming, roaring down the track toward us like a runaway train.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:18 pm

I have the laundry half done two done 2 to go. Washer twins are going.

It has rained so I will not be mowing the back yard this afternoon.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Finally pulled myself together a little... walked a mile (dh walked .6 -- he walked one "lap" with me, then rested while I walked another.)
S2S... everything ready to start cooking supper. We're having Philly cheese steak sandwiches. Well, what passes for them here. DH wants nothing but meat, bread, and cheese. I'm simmering some onions, peppers, and tomatoes to add to mine.
I also have a load of clothes in the washer.
Talked to dmom on the phone earlier.
PLUS, I made a call re: Braves tickets later in May, and I now have my MOBILE TICKETS ready and waiting on my phone. * sheesh * As dh said, "What was so much trouble about just printing a ticket and taking it to the game with you?"
And as Elizabeth (I think!) said when I first told y'all about this, "So people who don't have smartphones are just out of luck? No Braves games for you?"
* sheesh *

I hope Elizabeth is doing well! (((HUGS)))

We are actually going to go to a movie later. I don't know what we're going to see. There are several we'd like to see.

DDIL called to tell me she had a place lined up for dgs to be tested/evaluated for autism/Asperger's. She's waiting for pediatrician to fax them something; then they will call and schedule the appt. I caught myself getting really nervous about this the other night -- b/c ddil was so worried that dgs will be disruptive in class, and "they'll just send him to the special ed classroom and forget about him." That is hard for me to believe, b/c his academic level is obviously going to be above average... but after talking to her, I just started "spinning" about all this sooo much. Worrying about how he'll do in t-ball this summer... everything. So I'm really hoping the doctor tells ddil this has gotten out of control, with the pre-k teacher pushing for this diagnosis. OTOH... doctor may tell ddil it's worse than she fears, even... So, I'm just trying to leave all this in the Lord's hands. Certainly nothing I can do about it.

We got a LOT of rain last night, Nancy.

(((Harmony)))

(((Kathryn)))

My bathrooms need cleaning, LadyM, but I have not gotten to them yet. Enjoy your ALONE time and some FREEDOM! You definitely have earned it!!!

(((Harriet)))

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 pm

I argued back and forth with myself over whether or not to go to Trivia with dd. When she just came to ask if I was ready I asked her if she minded if I didn't go. Decided if I was arguing so much over going with myself that obviously I probably shouldn't go. Still having to pace myself and I do need to listen to myself. Plan to go to church in the morning to do the bulletin. Guess I have all I need now. I feel right this moment I could go but I know how tired I've been over the last few days.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”