Sunday Storm, Snow and Sunshine

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sunday Storm, Snow and Sunshine

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:38 am

It seems several of us are experiencing unusual weather patterns for our locations. Are you enjoying your weather today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Storm, Snow and Sunshine

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:47 am

Yesterday I kept a time log and enjoyed seeing how I spent my time. As I was setting up a spreadsheet to do it again today I wondered if it was really something that would be beneficial to me. Is it just a time waster? So I typed up the Pro/Cons to doing it. The Pro's won by a landslide. Sometimes I am way to analytical even for me...... Maybe I should do a pro/con list of doing a pro/con list? :shock: :oops:

I have the kitchen sink full of plants soaking up water. I am trying to keep them healthy until it is the right weather to plant them.

I love Sundays. Easy. Relaxed. Low Key.

** 9am - Travel to church
** 10am - Church
** Noon - lunch with friends
** 7:30pm Kids Baths & Bedtimes

B: Smoothie Sunday
L: Indian Taco (no onion no bread)
D: Leftovers
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:06 am

There is definitely a lot of weather out there today! We had large winds and storms last night. Woke up to upper 30's, rain and dark skies.

hi d lady.... wishing you a wonderful day
have a wonderful day to everyone

feeling very grateful today: feeling better than yesterday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 am

Can't believe the snow dLilac is getting. Up home the weather was perfect Friday, yesterday was upper 50's and some rain, today is the same. Dh called me earlier to see if we had vanilla. Ummmm........ I wouldn't have left it there as it would freeze. Chances are it's in a crate in the basement of friends who rent the on property house. So, I'm sure rather than disturb them he'll buy more today. :? If he goes up by himself next year I just need to make a l&&t of everything that goes in that crate. I really have to label/number EVERYTHING!

I'm trying to do that same process as I pack -numbering each case/bag as I go. Think that's what I'll work on tonight and maybe some this afternoon. Dsonil starts working nights today. I'm sure it's going to be a difficult transition for both of us.

Tomorrow morning I finally have an appointment with the cardiologist. We'll see what he has to say, although his hands are rather tied. He can't order any tests like an EKG for instance.

Had a hard time sleeping. DGD called dh yesterday asking him to take dgs23 in for a few days. He had to tell her he couldn't for several reasons. If perhaps he was living anywhere else than at the campground, perhaps but I doubt it. She left the call very upset and crying hard. But I see by FB that he has several people willing to help him. Not sure they're all a 'good' help but it is what it is. Supposedly dgs is working with social services to help him find a place to live and a viable job. So hoping/praying he gets his act together so people can trust him again. I so think of LadyM in much of this. DD is now up -with yet another headache -she's had one all weekend despite the new meds. Of course she was thinking about dgd through the night as well. It's sad that she feels she has to be her brother's keeper. He needs to hit that low spot I guess.

Guess it's time for me to head to church. Not really looking forward to going alone. Oh, dd just told me to give her 15 minutes.

I am so happy -hit a new low for me. A number I haven't seen on the scales in a very long time. (At least I'm happy about this!)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 am

I'm mudded in. Not literally, emotional mud. Have decided to pass on church so I sat down and read the lessons myself. Now to get dressed and get moving. I've also skipped the treadmill.

We were to go visit dgs but that was our plan, not theirs. They'll be out all day. Sigh...

Dd is also hedging on giving me a place to store the garage sale stuff. We have 3 car loads to take over so I can't do it next Saturday morning.

I will price the stuff here before I go so I can get it set up in a hurry on the Saturday.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:48 am

On my cell. In the middle of a raging blizzard. At least a ft of snow, so far. Every tree has broken limbs plus limbs hanging and many touching the ground. Power was off 4 hours during the night. Now it flickers or goes off and comes back on. At this rate everything electrical will be fried. I can't believe a snow day from school on May 1st.
Today was to be dgs13s confirmation day. He is at his dad's and I was relieved when church was canceled, so that dd2 didn't have to agonize whether to come to town or not.
We have more snow than we have had all winter. It is really unbelievable.
Guess I better get this back on the charger, as we have noI phone,cable or internet.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:02 am

Decided to plug in the phone and leave it plugged into an extension cord for the duration.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:06 am

my goodness snow!!! d lilac wow
sending you emotional shovel to help you get out of the mud! (((d kathryn))))
hi d dee! I will be praying for him as he finds a place to stay and for him to find a good path to help him grow. Yay on the numbers!

dh is reliving his working experience from 20 - 30 years ago. I know he misses working. I wish he was strong enough to work again for his own spirit. He can go down that hole for hours at a time :( at least he has joy when he talks about it.

Said my prayers! ready to work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:49 am

breakfast dishes put in dw.
played with dogs (they are drying off)
I am ready for my walk - may walk on treadmill for now as we are supposed to have lightening storms
I have to pick up dd older at the airport tonight but I think her flight will be canceled
now for project in dining room
thinking of getting up early and go to mass tomorrow am

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:08 pm

We are home. We were up at 4:15 am to get packed and clean the condo a bit, then about an hr drive to airport for delayed flight.

I'm going to nap next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”