What it is Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: What it is Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Just checked for b'days this month. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SADIE!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Life can be interesting when you're one-armed, especially when it comes to folding laundry.
Oh yes it is, RR. I have learned to shampoo my hair and several other things one-handed or with limited use of my lower left arm. It is harder to fold those bigger items, no doubt. Dh has to help me with anything bigger than a towel. But usually I don't fold sheets but put them back on the bed -except when I'm changing seasons.

Dsonil is up. I just went out and put out 3 bins of recycling. dd didn't think we had enough to bother with. Ha! After filling 3 bins (our limit) I think I was right. :? We didn't bother putting the trash bin out though -there's barely anything in it. Score for us in recycling! Can't wait till they deliver the roll out recycle bins here. Know that this company that does the recycling has them and we got a questionnaire about a month ago on our use. Most everybody on the street has them out on trash day I've noticed. Dsonil was terrible about recycling and I finally put a second receptacle by the trash one and he seems to do much better. Doesn't have to walk 20 steps (over and back) to put them in the recycle bin outside the door.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Another day off the rails!

With the notice to enter, I was up at 6, putting the living room back and moving my computer back to my desk. Dusted while I worked in there.

When dh was up, I got the bedroom tidied since I knew the super would be in there sometime after 9.

Got into the shower just after 8 and dh came to my bathroom to say ds had arrived. After my s2s, I ended up in the kitchen with ds who made himself a big breakfast (note to self, buy eggs) and I joined him. My second egg I cracked was a double yolk and I said that means good luck. Ds said it wasn't lucky for me since he'd watch me dutifully separate and toss the yolk from my first egg to reduce fat and calories in my omelet. Now I had two yolks so had to count it as 2 eggs! He was right.

He was doing laundry so he worked on that, I gave him the pile of stuff I'd been saving for him, we activated the credit card we share and then he suggested a walk so we walked 2 miles and came back. I ironed his dress shirts for him and then he headed off to sleep. He has a 7:30 - 1:30 shift tonight so was staying on nights (and had been up all night working on his work room.)

I'm ready for a nap now and my legs are exhausted since I've been on my feet almost all day.

I was looking for a parcel but ds spotted the courier slip on the mailroom board. Which means a long walk to the pick-up point. It is a super fancy wedding invitation. Dd got hers yesterday.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Well Happy Birthday dear Sadie!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Happy Birthday DSadie!!!

School is done for the day. DS8 did well.

DH has volunteered to take DS8 to speech appt this afternoon. Then they will go shopping for food/supplies for the church and then go directly to the church and start cooking. They will be gone for approx 8 hours. I will be ALL ALONE for 2 of those hours before I go get DGD5 from school.

Twins - have your DS & DD considered getting a house/apt together? Do they enjoy living at your home? Just curious after they spend years living away from home.

Lunch is shredded BBQ beef, sauteed summer squash, homemade salsa and protein chips. I didn't like the protein chips at first, but using them to scoop up the salsa kinda hides the taste but keeps the crunchiness of "real" chips.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:34 pm

home again... dh is off to his dr. appointment I went to my therapist appointment (always a good thing... working on grief for myself and my whole family :D very happy I have this in my life now - thank you d twins)

I need to play with the dogs soon
Then laundry area and continued packing

Hope you are back on track again soon d kathryn. double yolk... yes it's good luck :D

hi d dee-thank you for sharing that it was sadie's b-day! Also so happy I have you to help me remember (watch I will move it in the summer lol)

Hi rose, so hard to do genealogy with those names. So cool about your Norway connection

hi d lady! my very dsil is a special ed teacher and those things are driving all the teachers crazy because in the classroom kids are focusing on the spinners. The idea is good but the distraction with multiple kids is hard.

I had a no no of a lunch but had such a taste for it. (I find it's better for me to get it out of my system). I ordered scrambled eggs/hashbrowns/sausage and toast - I cut the meal in half and had them take the other half - yes it's wasting money and food but I know me - I would have eaten it late at night. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Kathryn, at least you get notice when someone is to come in to your apt. I would have liked that notice yesterday.

Actually, I only had one place with dust bunnies, and that space also had shoes and a pair of jeans to move out of the way. My worst place in the house, naturally DH's.

I think we finally got our roof shingles done. We had them sprayed with some sort of chemical which is supposed to stop the fungus. We are the only one in the neighborhood with cleaned roof and weeds in the grass pulled. People next door have found they can't afford their house so they are cleaning up around and have done lots of landscape work in preparation to sell. I know it will be a while, but I sure hope we get someone friendly.

Today's paperwork done. Errands run, went to bank and grocery and office supply. Found sales at grocery (copy paper with wrapping torn but edges still ok) and sub sandwiches cheaper than I could make them. At office supply buy 2 get 1 free lgl size paper (it's really expensive here, that size I guess noone uses that much any more) and 100 sheets of letter size stationary with pretty pattern for .72 cents! Love to find bargains.

They have detoured the road to my bank and I'd have practically 2 miles further to go except for a restaurant parking lot I can sneak through - if I'm careful with the 1-way single lane drive thru window. I'll be so glad when the road work is done. They have the sidewalk up to our main street already but they're doing that a mile down the street where the bank turn-off is. :roll:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE! How's the baby?

LadyM, I looked at the spinner. What does he DO with it? Spin the circles with his pencil or fingers?

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed May 03, 2017 1:59 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SADIE!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 pm

the spinner. What does he DO with it? Spin the circles with his pencil or fingers?

Mostly I've seen the kids hold it with thumb & finger while it spins. DS8 was also spinning it on the desk which was noisy and distracting.

I found that I can buy paper from Amazon cheaper than our local Sam's/WM/office stores. I have checked/compared prices several times because it seems crazy to get delivered to my door cheaper than I can go buy it.

I am driving myself crazy with continually changing how I track & organize homeschool lessons. For the past 8 months, I have been improving/streamlining them. I shake my head in frustration how hard I was making it when we started. I didn't have a clue when we started so I just jumped in and tried not to drown. Each time I think "this way is the best way".......then I discover a way to improve it. I wish it didn't take me so long to learn how to do it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Happy birthday Sadie!

Walked around the block saw contractor truck and one guys yard dug up other guys were checking it and scratching their heads.

Blessed thinking if U watching a movie w french subtitles found the box to change it to English speaking.

Return to “Post When You Can”