Saturday sails or sales

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Saturday sails or sales

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 06, 2017 9:32 am

You cannot adjust the wind but you can adjust your sails.

That is one of my favorite quotes.

I am doing the garage sale and it is going well but for the large items.

I hope your day is as profitable and productive.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday sails or sales

Postby Nancy » Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 am

We had lots of rain yesterday, and it is cooler today not raining. Hen & chicks & dog have been fed. Not sure about meal plans today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 06, 2017 10:01 am

Hi, everybody! Crossroads of order for the day. :D

This doesn't mean I have order here. It just means, hey, look at that - it's 10:00 a.m. :lol:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

You cannot adjust the wind but you can adjust your sails.

I love this d Kathryn!

hi d kathryn, d nancy and d harriet!
Hello to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:24 am

starting late here... slept until 8 am :shock: but I went to bet around 12:30 am so I guess that's okay.

I am working in the packing salt mines again. It's a beautiful day - sunny and 52 finally we have a partially cloudy sky and SUN! no rain!!! The painter is coming Tuesday so I have a lot of work left!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 06, 2017 10:30 am

I am adjusting sails today - good quote for me today, Kathryn.

I had a bad night - stayed up a little too late reading a good book, then had trouble sleeping. My sister, my mother, kids, research, lots to think and worry about, and I went over all of it, lol.

The home health care nurse has already called and let me know she'll be at mother's at 2:30ish, so I can plan for a trip there.

I texted dh yesterday - and we'll go out to dinner together, just us, tonight.

Yes, lots to think about, pushing kids out of the nest. I haven't brought dh up to date on the things going on with dmom, either. This morning dh has gone to Torah study, and I think he will work out early this afternoon. Tomorrow I hope we'll go the local market - we missed opening weekend while away.

-breakfast and meds
-s2s
-make the bed
-fold laundry from yesterday, reboot laundry in washer now
-finish entering census info from where I stopped yesterday
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 06, 2017 10:57 am

I'm 'adjusting' my sails. Got up at 7:20 & went right back to bed. Having a bit of tummy distress and am 'waiting' for it to pass. Got up 2nd time about 8:45 or so. Nice to sleep in.

DD and dsonil have gone to pay for their carpet. Sure that will mean we have to get busy, busy, busy and get things moved out of our rooms -all but the big stuff. I have a head start on our bedroom but still plenty to go. Packing as I go. DD came to my room before they left and wanted to give me a heads up about walking. I've seen a big dog a ways down the street -I could barely see it crossing. All dogs so far have stayed in their porch, tied or with a master. This one dd was warned this morning that it just seems to be running loose and this person thought it was 'foaming'. Great! I just will do a couple of shorter laps I guess and hope it doesn't come near me.

Just glanced at my phone and realized I had a text message from DS-A at 11:47pim last night. Waiting a bit to answer to get my thoughts together. Text: "Hi. Letting you know P, S & I are coming down June 10 thru 17. Maybe u can go to parks with us." This boy obviously has no clue that I am planning to come home, leaving here June 2nd (as long as the Dr gives his OK). Sure dh has told him, but know how things just fly over his head. :roll: I have an annual pass to Disney but haven't even been able to go long enough to activate it. DD and I are going to have to go quite a few times this fall to make it worthwhile. And in that vein, I just discovered that my Florida ID expires on my birthday, May 24th. Have everything except the 2nd form of address identity. Wonder if I can use all my hospital/doctor bills. Have one bank statement and our checks based here. I am glad to hear that they're coming down though. Puts my mind at rest a little bit about some things dh said the other night. Let's see.....they've been married just about 7 years. What does that tell you? Think it will be good for them to get away with just the 3 of them and recoup. Know they've had some very stressful times.

Going to finish my coffee and go out for a stroll. We have beautiful weather (sorry to put that out there for some of you who don't -like up home for instance where they're expecting a couple of different days with snow.) Dh is very happy I'm not up there. Me too. Some who were down here and went home a week or two ago are wishing they'd stayed a bit longer.

We went out to F red's M arket for dinner last night and I really overate -it's a buffet. AND I had dessert. But strangely my BS was only 116 this morning so am very happy with that. Will definitely watch what I'm eating over the next few days. My weight was up about 2.5 pounds from a couple of days ago. But I know the reason for a good share of that. Hmmm.....had to take a 'break' and hopefully my weight is coming down. TMI ;)

My sister, my mother, kids, research, lots to think and worry about, and I went over all of it, lol.
Well, Twins, I don't have a Mom any more or a sister but I do find all those things and many more going through my head. But wait, I do think about sister, much as yours. She too passed away quite young about 4 years ago. (I think -the years have a habit of passing by at least 2 at a time now.) I wish I could do up home what I've been doing the last couple of nights....just 'pacing'. Got 2,000 steps in Thursday night and 1,100 last night -in the middle of the night. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat May 06, 2017 11:08 am

DD just called me to tell me that DGD22's graduation is being live streamed at 2:30 today. :mrgreen: Guess ddil-R and dgs12 are going. DD had called dgd to find out when graduation is and she said, "Today at 2:30". :) I said to dd -"I told you it was Mother's Day weekend". Reply: "But Mother's Day isn't until next weekend." We had this discussion the other day as she had said she wasn't going to church this weekend because of that. She still has a hard time with Mother's Day and I understand that. Many of us are reminded of losses in one way or another of children/grandchildren on this day somewhat more than others. But I get it that she doesn't want to be around all that. (I stand corrected: it IS next Sunday. :oops: )

DD also said when they went to pay for their carpet the guy they've worked with of course wasn't there. He had quoted them about $3,400. Today they said $4,700. So they got the manager. She refigured and came up with a figure less than the original quote and then they had dsonil's military discount (hint: if you or your spouse are a Vet L owe's gives a 10% discount). Came up with $2,900. They liked that.

Okay then....off to walk so I'm in here to live stream dgd's graduation.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat May 06, 2017 11:19 am

The weather is dreary here but the rain is over for a few hours.

I got here at 8:10 and sold a lot before 9:15. The sale was to start at 9!

I sold their old dishwasher so it's out of the garage now too!

The pram, bed and dolly are left but almost everything else is gone. So a small box of things to the thrift store and then I have to continue to try and sell the pram. The bed I can use for our refugee family or find an an antique store to take it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat May 06, 2017 11:35 am

The sun is out here, but I think we get rain again tonight.

She still has a hard time with Mother's Day and I understand that.
Oh, Dee, I feel for her in this.

Have been messaging with my new cousin on Facebook, she's branching out in her research. Also talked to dd a bit.

Still need to get shower and make the bed. Off to do that next.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”