Sunday Stop and Start

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Stop and Start

Postby Harriet » Sun May 07, 2017 6:49 am

Maybe it's time to STOP and smell the roses today.

Or is it time to stop just long enough to plan a great START for the week? How busy will yours be?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday Stop and Start

Postby Nancy » Sun May 07, 2017 7:56 am

Went to bed early I was wiped out yesterday. Woke up at 4 today. :shock: I think I am feeling better. Had no energy yestersay and bs issues just after dinner. Walked w a friend after ex. Biking then bs crashed. slept well however. Painted a few rocks. No plan today just resting lunch date w h. Need to call about Rx.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 am

Only was up once during the night (for about an hour & a half :shock: ).

I'm up, s2s, bed made and meds done. Now to venture out to the living area. Think I heard the front door close a while ago so someone must have let the dog out.

I've been puttering with the top of the desk in our room. I'm determined to get it cleaned off so it's ready to be moved. DD/dsonil went to pay for their carpet yesterday so it'll probably be ordered today. Hoping it comes and they come to rip out carpet and put in the new within a couple of weeks. We're to leave in 26 days. But who's counting? Can't wait to get up there and get our park model settled. Dh will have been in it over 2 1/2 months without my care (he spent 2-3 weeks there last fall after I left).

Off to find something for breakfast -time to shop.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 8:15 am

Ds has already been and gone. Picked up the travel playpen for a coworker who just had a baby.

She is being released today so he'll run it back to the hospital to then go home to sleep.

I have church this morning so have to get moving. This This is the first time I have been to the city church since I preached there in February.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 07, 2017 8:36 am

I am up and about with decent energy, the challenge will be to maintain it after being to dmom's. OTOH, dd just got brisley with me because I mentioned the hand print on the door of the refrigerator. "It happens, Mom."

Anyway, she's off to teach religious school.

Breakfast/meds
clear kitchen counters
make the bed
brush teeth, get dressed etc.
start a lol, reboot before I leave for dmom's
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 07, 2017 10:04 am

I have been - and will be - on stop and start today.

Had another plan early, but now the plan is that I will pick dd up after church and she will stay with us a few days during which she has no exam, no more assignments (last one due at midnight) and no inspection of the dorm. She'll go back for final in one or two classes - not sure - and then vacate for the inspection.

Rehearsal was okay. There was a squirrel but I just missed it. I knew something was up when pre-teen boy D called out "Hello, Harriet!!" to me as I walked in. He does chat with me often, but always quietly and shyly. He was excited about the squirrel, and, it turns out, excited about the video the acoustic guitarist took of everyone's reaction. So the Lord blessed me with slight lateness today. I will not be on youtube. I understand others jumped the pews. :) (bless their hearts) Nothing like a little humility. All creatures, great and small.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:50 am

hello! Still working in dd's room - Now her stuff is in boxes in the hall, her music stuff is int the front room :shock: she has 2 guitars, a mandolin, a banjo, and a ukulele and tons of music - her books are in the kitchen, oh my gosh our house is packed with her stuff. Thank goodness she is ready to let go.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 07, 2017 12:12 pm

Hi everyone!

Came across a FB site called Un(bleep)YourHabitat. They had a challenge up for Sunday, and it's Basically a four hour/8 time slots type of thing. Work for 20, rest for 10. I had a burst of energy, so I started some of the challenges. Laundry is a work in progress, due to the fact that the septic system is overloaded with ground water again. In the past couple of weeks, my cistern has gone from being 2/3 empty and needing a 2000 gallon top up, and now it is only 1/3 empty. That is 1000 gallons of rain water into the tank.

Dishes are completely done. Just 3 bowls to put away. Most of the laundry mountain is getting put away. I have a large pile of black socks on my kitchen counter. I also have a pile of stuff to press.

Dh has been working outside all morning. A friend is parking his motorhome in the back of the yard behind the garage. It's all leveled and ready to be lived in.

My messy friend sold her house before the open house even occurred. She sold it for slightly over asking price because real estate is insane in this area.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 07, 2017 12:38 pm

I have been up several hrs now. Have laundry going in tbe washer twins. Had h hold the dog so I could clip the last paw one nail was left still to do. I dumped the trash.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Home from church. Very glad I went. Had a cry during the first hymn as memories of sitting with my mother in church overwhelmed me. Maybe I needed to feel that.

Had my lunch and need to change into walking clothing. The river has burst its banks below us and we have taken photos from above but want to see what it is like at ground level.

Return to “Post When You Can”