you are never too old to set another goal... MONDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

you are never too old to set another goal... MONDAY!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:36 am

I KNOW you have heard me say how much I love Mondays because it always feels like a fresh beginning to me.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"
c.s. lewis

Is there anything (ANYTHING) that you feel is in your way to accomplish your goal? Sometimes life gives you struggles you can't ignore but is there a little little thing you can do, even a half hour or 15 minutes, that will make you feel happy or work towards something you want? time and responsibilities can take over but you can do 15 minutes for your happiness. - I wish you the best.

I wish you a happy Monday!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: you are never to old to set another goal... MONDAY!

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am

right now I know I have to bring all the packing down from the hallway to make my home clear - my home is filled with boxes and containers so it is a tip right now. In order to feel a bit more in control I and dh will take down all the containers before painter comes tomorrow so that we can do dailies again etc. This is what is blocking me from the next step in the house (literally) 8-)

what makes me happy besides my family: being outdoors - so I will go outside today - it's supposed to pour all day tomorrow

I haven't done french in three days bc I needed a break but I am ready to work on that again - I had to cancel lessons this week bc of all the packing but that's okay... better than not getting the work done for my tutor and stressing about it. :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: you are never too old to set another goal... MONDAY!

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 am

I admire you for taking learning a language in the midst of your huge plate,

Got another 2,200 steps in during the night -at least there's a positive to being awake. :shock: Got everything laid out for breakfast, trying to not wake dsonil. No matter, he's so gracious about it. Put raisin bread in sandwich bag for toast -the toaster makes noise. Put creamer & lid to coffee cup in our room -the coffee maker makes noise. Dsonil tries to 'mumble' to me. But now he'll he rest for a couple of hours. Can't wait for that carpet to be put in.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 am

I love your positivity d dee... and you did get a couple extra thousand steps in. Hope tonight is filled with restful deep sleep

have a wonderful day to you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 08, 2017 9:14 am

Try to be positive, dBlessedw2!

Just remembered that dd caught an announcement from the Polk County School Board last night. Always in years past the students have finished on Thursday of their last week. Then the teachers came in on Friday to ready their classroom for summer/fall. This year the Memorial Day off is that Monday so they decided to have kids go to school on Friday. That meant teachers having to come in on Monday. Several days lost for many who travel away for the summer like dd. So dd has planned to ask for that Monday off, without pay if needed. Last night it was announced that the Friday will be treated as an "early release day". What are the kids going to do/learn in those very few hours anyway? But I guess it gets the minimum requirement in. Have a feeling that more than dd will be asking for that Monday off. So, if dd is able to get her room ready beforehand, we'll be able to leave 2 or 3 hours earlier than planned. I had relented a few weeks ago and suggested that I put dBailey in my car and drive up to school at day's end. Would save dd coming all the way back here and then back again. It takes her anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to come home. So probably at least 2 hours lost. I'll be happy to leave earlier. Just wasn't in me to make her come back home just to pick up ddog. :mrgreen:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 am

Neighbors got a newer mower. So they are working on mowing the nearly waist high grass that fell over in recent rains. It looks better. I do not need to mow thier front yard any more. My back yard needs it again how ever. I had things to process in my sleep that I have been trying to release. I think I am making progress. It was about group changing people being upset & me backing off. I think it was good.

Ear is acting up could be allergies. Some of the chicks were out with the hens already this morning I was glad to see it.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 08, 2017 9:53 am

Struggling here. The positivity of some of the SHEs seems very foreign to me right now.

My quicken data base was too large so I backed it up and split it. Except I broke it. So I don't have all our the data from last fiscal year in Quicken. The backup copies also don't have all the data (that's the part I don't understand) I keep finding expenses that were legit but I don't have a record of. As well, I've found many expenses shown that don't count. That's really weird, there were 4 entries from Staples, none of which existed, I've checked the credit card statements.

For those who think, I won't keep paper copies of things because the data is always online. Apparently nope. In the case of our bank, we can only go back 13 months. So we are 8 days past the time we need to be able to see. (Dh just managed to get a statement back to Apr 1 so now I have proof.) Credit card statements I have in paper copy. For our phones, we can only go back 12 months. We're ok for this year (got the accounts in July/August) but now have to remember to take a snapshot of our account (you can't print it) at least 2x a year.

This means I need to be printing to pdf our bank statements each month so I have them to return to in the following years. I've always relied on Quicken but it is now unreliable for me since I somehow corrupted the data base so I'm not sure I can trust the data base in the future.

I'm running a version of Quicken that is now out of date and wonder if that's part of the problem. In the old days that meant I couldn't download from bank and credit card sites, once they stopped support. No problem, I don't even when I can. Now they have changed the model. Before it would work as a bookkeeping tool once they stop supporting downloads. Now, at the end of its support life, all you can do is get reports, you can't continue to use it.

So Quicken has gone from a one-time expense to a yearly expense since you have to pay to unlock it every year. In other words, they will hold my data hostage. From my fitbit experience, you know how I feel about that! So I'm looking for another piece of software to use but there isn't anything out there that comes close to what Quicken used to be (it has got bloated over the years and simple things like making a budget are now beyond my ability to do, they've made it so complicated.)

I'm tempted to just use a spreadsheet since, except for the investments, I only need to cover simple in-out entries. The wrinkle is I need to pull complicated reports from the data, which a spreadsheet can do but once again, I will have to trust the software. And corrupting the data in a spreadsheet is almost easier than corrupting it in Quicken.

Sigh... Not a good start to the morning. It is also lightly snowing. Which is sort-of a good thing (it will not raise water levels like rain would.)

Still not s2s or fed my breakfast. And the apartment is a mess.

The flooding looks no changed from yesterday so I won't bother wandering down to the sandbags. There's a huge pile of sand as well as completed bags that they don't need.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

quick hi!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 08, 2017 10:26 am

K in C we do old school ledger for farm stuff bc of that.
I realize the tre stuff will be pm.
Glad I did prep & clean up last nite.
Journal done.
Trash is dumped.
H moved the rigs.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 08, 2017 10:47 am

I haven't CUOP-ed but Kathryn is on point this morning.
The positivity of some of the SHEs seems very foreign to me right now.

I read until 11:30 last night and then tossed and turned. I checked in this morning and dbro and dmom haven't done anything with the glycerin suppositories I went after for him yesterday. :shock: I left a message for the JCC social worker this morning - the regular gal is out on maternity leave so they have a part-time substitute for three months. I hope she can get back to me, and I hope she has some knowledge of local nursing home and the procedures. I also sent a Facebook message to dcousin asking to have lunch with her later...I'd like to talk to her about dmom. They were very close at one time. Last time we talked, she felt that mother was happiest at her home, and it gave dbro a sense of purpose to be taking care of her. Right now, he just seems exhausted and frankly isn't doing much. With dmom losing 15 lbs in 4-5 months, and dmom asking about a nursing home, I think it's time to get that process moving.

-Do I try for a nursing home close to dbro so he can visit her? OTOH, he does not have reliable transportation - very old car that he doesn't trust, so he might not feel he could visit anyway. OTOH, a nursing home closer to me would be better for me. OTOH, it depends on where we could get her in. OTOH, he just doesn't like to go out much.

-I am thinking about showing up at one or more of the "conveniently located" places for a tour today.

-I took out a pork loin to thaw for supper, need to figure out a veggie and probably stop in at grocery at some point today.

I was awake at 8 but read in bed until past 9 a.m.

-s2s
-make the bed
-reboot laundry
-take out kitchen trash
-refill meds containers
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”