ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 10, 2017 7:58 am

A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with one step -I am reminded of that this morning. Know when I step out to walk I almost always end up going much further than I started out. It becomes easier and easier. And so it is with all our other duties in the house & out.

Have s2s, made bed and took all my morning meds.

I cooked homemade spaghetti sauce last night. Dh ended up calling earlier than usual and we ended up coming into the office to apply for his Florida ID card. We both forgot the sauce. I had it on simmer but forgot I had turned it up a little. When I came back out to the kitchen dd was spooning it into plastic containers with the bottom all burned. Managed to get most of it out without the burn taste/smell. :roll: I had made a huge pot too. We'll just put 2 containers in the freezer for dsonil to use this summer and I'll make him a dish for his dinner (very early today since he has to be to work by 3). Then dd and I will eat when she comes home. Think there's enough sauce in the big container to make the night.

Out to make some toast and see if I can sneak out to take a short walk.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: ONE STEP AT A TIME WEDNESDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 10, 2017 8:57 am

Good morning, Dee!

I'm at a stop point for one journey (accounting) this morning but starting another (summer plans for the NFs) this evening.

In between, I'm thinking I might nap. I ended up watching the hockey game last night Go Sens Go! and then did the photo copies which took way longer than I expected so I was to bed very late.

Before coming home from the meeting, though, I'll do a Costco run and lunch and grocery run on the way home. I have a lot of stocking up to do since things got put aside during this crunch time.

Everything but my computer is packed up and ready to go. I'm dressed so now it time to have breakfast.

The sun is shining and it will get up to almost 55 today. We've not had almost full sun for quite a long time now. And the sun will be strong so it will feel warmer than 55.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:58 am

hi d dee ... so sorry about the sauce - that has happened to me more then I can count 8-)

I love the one step at a time. I have been following a woman on face book ' Living instead of existing" who did just that to get herself healthy. Very inspirational.

Yesterday I did some dailies and vacuuming as well as pulling more of dd youngers stuff together in boxes. Its amazing how clear everything is in the kitchen now that we have a special shelf for my cooking stuff (lol I have quite a collection). Dd's room is 2/3's done.
My headache is gone as well - always good.

I wishing you a wonderful day d dee! and to all. :D

Hi d kathryn... it is amazing how sunshine feels after so many dark cloud days! Enjoy every minute of your day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 10, 2017 10:43 am

Just passing through. Was up at 8, and have finished a.m. routine, been to grocery and put away perishables. I had to cancel my appt for body work today and am instead heading to mother's for the social worker intake for home health care. Will have a chance to talk to her about options as well.

I have a 3:30 meeting today at temple too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

Up several times with ddog in the night the full moon had animals out and about. Got up on time 5:45 today. I did some out side stuff that was OMM for my morning stretch. I pruned suckers off the bush we took out that were remaining. I cleaned the coop nest boxes, and pulled weeds by the west side of the house gave the weeds & grass to the chickens.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 am

Dsonil is up and at 'em (well sort of). I just did the dishes and have the remaining sauce on to heat -trying to keep a watchful eye on it. I did have to add water as it was immensely thickened. Kept turning the stove up as it wasn't heating at all. To a point I wondered if the stove was working. ;) Just made my cup of coffee. I was up since very early and just partially snoozed for not very long. This is not working for me. I need to be more active early in the day and I'm just not sure how to do that -at least until dsonil becomes a hibernating bear -in their room. Carpet is supposed to be in a week from Saturday. Sure doesn't leave us a lot of time to get things put back in place afterwards.

I did buy one thing toward our little kitchenette yesterday -a toaster. I'll be able to at least do toast in here. Just can't figure a way to make coffee without noise. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:25 am

d nancy great work outside!
d dee - I feel the same way...
I need to be more active early in the day
I used to do everything from 5 am on ... I miss that!
so nice you got a new toaster.

I ran to the post office and got my mothers day cards out late. ;) Got coffee, played with dog, dropped off a book in french at the local library drop off station. Dh is cutting the grass inside the fence.

played with d dogs

What needs doing with dd's stuff:
bike stuff together :D put in garage
get art stuff into one place in the basement
put away the office supplies taken from her room (I will insist that office supplies stay in one area)
get dd's sailing stuff together in laundry room closet - sand is not a problem back there - take all the extra cloths that dh has there - its overwhelming
empty all the cloths that are sitting in the front hall closet that shouldn't be and put the guitars/mandolin/banjo in there instead
separate cloths
bring tossing stuff outside
hang up my cloths
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 pm

At lunch. Meeting done. Was late because my computer crashed just before I left. Sigh.

I've run three errands and just have Costco left. Then home for a nap.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Homeschool day is mostly finished. DS8 is currently watching a couple science videos and writing a review of them. I don't have to stick with him on watching the videos because his report shows how well he paid attention.

We included a 90 minute Life Skills training today. DS8 helped us take the cover off the pool and start the chemical process of opening the pool. DS8 accidentally dropped a tool into the pool which required him to jump in to retrieve it from the bottom. I'm not entirely sure it was an accident.......

The pool cover has been stretched out on the driveway and anchored down around the edges. We scrubbed and hosed off one side and will let it dry to see if we got it clean. Then we will flip it and scrub the other side of the cover. It will have to be dried well and then folded up and stored until winter. Cleaning the pool cover takes several days because there is lots of time between each cleaning/drying phase. Hopefully, we can keep it from flying away in the wind.

Lunch was Sloppy Joes, cheese dip, and chips. I stayed within my WW point limit. but I need to eat mostly vegetables the rest of the day. That is A-okay with me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed May 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi everyone! I did cuop this morning, but didn't post. Dh was ready to leave to pick up an RX refill at nearest pharmacy. While there we picked up a few groceries. Rx --- $0.00, groceries --- $65. Everything seems so expensive; I think grocery prices have risen again!

Thank you for the well wishes, Harriet. I am feeling better today.

Today is payday, so I will be spending some time at my desk. I have collected enough to make up a LOL. That should keep me out of trouble this afternoon. It is too hot now to work outside; it is time to switch to early mornings or evenings after supper.

Made ham salad from a ham steak we had for supper on Monday. It tasted good for lunch on a fresh tomato!

I was awake in the middle of the night, so I took a virtual walk around our Village for some reading. Harriet, your link in Health thread was interesting!

LadyM, I think you are doing well with your diet and weight watchers. Dee, you are doing good with your walking. I wish I could get out and walk more!

Time for me to get busy........
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”