SLIDING SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: SLIDING SUNDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Home from my side of the family gathering to celebrate Mother's Day. DH stayed home with DS8 while I attended that. Now I will stay with DS8 while DH goes to his side of the family gathering to celebrate his Mother's Day.

DS8 fever is going back up to over 101 when the Tylenol wears off. I've given him permission to drink anything he wants in order to bump his hydration up. He drank a flavored water and a soda then switched back to water. He isn't sick to stomach but he doesn't want to eat anything. He took 2 bites of a banana early this morning but hasn't tried any food since then. If he is still running a fever tomorrow I'll call and see if the pediatrician can work him in. I would take DS8 to a walk=in clinic today if he had any symptom other than fever and not hungry.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Almost makes one wish they'd exhibit something solid, right, Lady M? Remember when DS-A was little it got to be a standing joke with the Dr's office. I'd call and say, "A is acting just plain miserable & grumpy again." "Bring him in." -Usually it was some kind of infection, mostly ears. He had a very high pain tolerance and it made it hard to catch things when he was 'less' sick.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun May 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Almost time for bed.

Had a nice dinner with dh's cousin and then we walked over for dessert and coffee at one of the dessert places in our neighbourhood. It was good to get some steps in and some fresh air. The apartment is feeling hot these days.

When we got home I got the dishes washed up and then coffee things set up for the morning.

I can't think of anything else to do so I think I'll head to bed. It has been pretty non-stop all day long.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun May 14, 2017 10:32 pm

Pretty good day, but my dmom did not feel well enough to come out and join us tonight, so I feel bad about that. I'll try to get her gift to her tomorrow.

Daunt didn't join s either -- we had invited her and duncle/aunt to come to the singing at the church where ds and group were singing, and then eat supper with us at local restaurant. I didn't expect uncle and his wife to come, bc they all go to a church that does not believe in musical instruments in church. Other aunt goes to same church, but she's not as strict as her brother. I hope he didn't make her feel bad for wanting to come... yes, he could be that silly if he was in one of his moods.

So anyway, I had a good day personally and dh and I are headed to Wmart now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 pm

I started to post earlier. It's been a weird day here with dh totally out of sorts. Started after I did a walk with dfriend and R by, her dog, and he complained about how I "don't think of anyone else besides myself." But if I can't do that on Mother's Day I don't know when I could so I've just ignored him. Whatever it is, is more about whatever is eating at him than at me.

So something of a sad Mother's Day, alto I've told dkids it was very nice. A walk on a gorgeous day, I got my new computer up and running and had a nap too. And dd made eggplant parm, a salad and garlic bread for dinner. I've gotten the house back together from dd's event here last night.

Tomorrow it's back to working on a solution for dmom.

Just feeling sad today about dh and his anger.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”