trust yourself monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: trust yourself monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 am

I'd like to go on Elizabeth's WTF (worst things first) system but everything feels overwhelming right now. Maybe if I get past this assisted living place visit, I'll feel better about everything else....

-s2s
-make bed
-start challah in breadmaker, set a timer to have it ready to shape when I get back home
-go visit assisted living place that nurse practitioner told us about last week
-start grocery list for dinner for tomorrow night
-start a list for rest of the day

Most of a.m. routine is done for now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am

Morning y'all..

My morning is on it's way... still have footprints to pick up and some
Laundry to fold. Our A/c is out; it should be fixed today... fingers crossed on that. If not I'm gonna go out to the garage to live. It has a separate unit. Didn't sleep well last night but while getting ready to sleep in the heat brough back long ago memories of sleeping without a/c when I was young and I enjoyed those.

I am meeting with my friend this morning for coffee. She now works in the health care community with elders and is going to give me information concerning my mom.

I feel like Twins, but my mom is in a better mental state. Her problem is she needs assistance for her physical problems, but more than the she needs companionshipnsince she is almost 90 and most of her friends are dead. I believe if she had more activities going on around her, her physical condition would improve. This is another reason I see community living as a plus as I age.

Twins don't put off going to be dermetoligist. You can use me as an example. Thought my "shark bite" is healing and looks great, I have another spot on my upper chest that I am sure will need to be cut out. I have an appointment on June 5th. Bet my "friend" will also find some stuff on my face to burn off. I usually blister when she does this and the wedding is June 17th but I should be healed by then. However if my spot needs to be removed most likely I will have to have that done after I come home because stitches will be involved.

Just call me Patches :D

Waving to y'all... off to start my day
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 22, 2017 11:52 am

I'm up and doing nothing travel related.

We had breakfast and while dh had his conference call, I spread all the contents of my purse, computer and paperwork bag over the bed and am looking for 'like things' to put together. And to get a sense of the work I have to do.

I went over my bullet journal to make sure I didn't leave anything dangling. I did, so am in a panic about an undone item that really is important and don't know what to do about it from the road. [I just had a thought and one of the pieces of paper I brought with me may help solve the problem. This is blind luck, the paper was caught up with others I grabbed that I do intend to work on during the trip. Phew!]

I still have to go through the paperwork piles and create an 'attack list' so I can get things done during the quiet times. I will update the bullet journal to reflect these tasks.

In the process, I've also organized the hotel room a bit so I know where things are. We created a 'tea bag' that contains all the tea things: kettle, tea bags (caff & non-caff), dh's hot lemon drink crystals, mug, and spoon. That means that for most hotels, we just have to grab that bag from the car each night, rather than a bag with snacks and tea things, a box with the kettle and the container with the mugs and spoons. We will not be prepping meals in the hotel rooms, just the odd snack here or there and since I'm hoping those will be mostly fruit and veggies, those are from the cooler.

Dh is rearranging his clothes bin at the moment and then I think we'll head off and try and explore the city. It is a stat holiday here so stores will be closed until we get to the tourist area. The ferry (my preferred route into the tourist part of the city) will be on a Sunday schedule but I don't know how limiting that will be.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 pm

can you go for a walk d twins? get outside in nature a bit to restore your soul. hope you don't
feel so overwhelmed as the day goes on.

a quick hi - HI!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:47 pm

I am trying to trust myself today - I will get outside and walk. i continued the work on laundry, dd younger played with the dogs and even put on of the cats on a string. lol funniest sight to see.

dd paid dh back for fixing her car. He was happy.

so far: more laundry being done,
dishes emptied from dw
dh cleaned cat litter
put away by me
emptied things in basement and put them in their correct place.
tossed cleaning supplies - we have enough for ten years (okay exaggerating a bit but for at least five years) - I tossed and tossed as we only use certain cleansers on a regular bases.
I am still struggling with decluttering after a couple years of not doing it. It's very hard.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 pm

CUE HALLELUJAH CHORUS LOUD!!!

I just got word that Chief Troublemaker's last foster dogs have been transferred to another organization and he is OUT for good. Deputy Troublemaker still has one dog, but he is a hospice case and will not be with us for much longer. She came to the store while we were having cat clinic, but didn't acknowledge any of us. I waved, but she ignored me. Troublemaker in Training has reverted to her old self and is looking after one of my foster cats while I am on crutches. She has left the board, but is still going strong as a dog foster and volunteer. CT and DT were using TIT to funnel their agenda to the board when it was clear we weren't having it from them. She probably felt like she was being a neutral third party.

Added to my never ending list is to finish a book within the next three days, as it is due at the library, and I cannot renew it again. It's a graphic novel, so it won't be too long.

Also got word that DD15 is going to Canada with her other family. Between Canada, x's parents' visit, and music camp, I will hardly see her at all this summer. Nominally, I have her for a week in the summer, but since I don't have enough vacation to take off that time, it won't happen. I do not feel comfortable leaving her alone for 10 hours a day until she can drive.

TwinsMom: The assisted living visit IS your WTF.

ETA: My balance showing in my checkbook is a little over $15. Payday is Friday. That accidental overpayment to the life insurance company + bills from my foot are not pretty. The good thing is that it is POSITIVE $15 not negative. Not everything has cleared so the bank shows more, but I will have to watch very carefully and every day. It should be ok, unless I have forgotten a transaction (unusual for me) or made an error somewhere (somewhat more likely). I am grateful for overdraft protection. All bills are paid and my car has been fed already.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Back from W mart & $Tree. Dsonil was just getting ready for a shower so brought in the heavier things & 5 gallons of water. Having my lunch then will work on some more desk work and read for a while. Dsonil probably won't be up until 4 or so. I'll warm his dinner then. Think we've hit on a system. We were going to fix chicken & dressing (if I can only remember the recipe using both of those) last night. Made chicken Italian sausage sautéed with potatoes, onions & peppers instead. Yum. He wasn't really feeling hungry before he left so I'm giving him a dish of that for dinner. Then I'm making the chicken dish for our dinner and saving him a dish for dinner tomorrow. It was driving us crazy trying to make dinner for him without a lot of noise. And we were rarely ready to eat that early -4/4:30. Think this might work for most dishes. Takes a lot of stress off me, especially, as most days dd doesn't even get home from work until after he leaves.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:49 pm

howdy - I took a lunch break - glad I did as I was feeling overwhelmed.
dd younger is supposed to go to work but has a violent migraine - praying for her to have no more pain.
She wants and needs to work.

sounds delicious d dee

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm

thinking of d harriet!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 22, 2017 4:05 pm

DD ended up doing pretty much the same thing last month, Elizabeth. She somehow paid the payment for their roof (normally $250 or something like that) and overpaid by $600. She was wondering why her checking balance was so low. It's now set up to pay automatically. Good part is, it'll be paid off a few months sooner.

About time for dsonil to get up so guess I'll go start his dinner warming and get the chicken out for our dinner.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”