Tuesday Perseverance

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Tuesday Perseverance

Postby Lilac » Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am

blessed, my dm will be 80 in August. I had planned to have a party for her, Labor Day weekend, which her and her dsis's have decided to have an annual family reunion. This will be the 3rd year. About a year ago, she decided that she just wants family there, not a come and go type party, so we would do it at this family reunion luncheon. Now she has decided that she wants to wait until next year because dgd20 won't be able to come since it will be so close to her due date and dstepb and his dw want to come from New York to it. They were back last year for his class reunion and then she went there for their son's wedding in October. Dd2 thinks this is silly to wait but she is the birthday girl and I am not arguing about it with her or anyone else. The day before her birthday is the family reunion for her father's family. I plan to go to it and then be there the next day for her birthday. Dh has a drs. appt in KC, on the 24 th, so we will just stay back there, go to his appt and then come home from there.

Yikes, my bs was high this am. I imagine it will be a roller coaster ride all day with the prep. Last night I commented to dh that I will be glad when it is Wednesday afternoon and he said he would too, after listening to me whine tomorrow, which is now today. I made up my stubborn mind, that he won't hear a peep out of me, that could be called a whine, no matter what.

I need to fold several loads of towels and then will need to shower and wash my hair. I don't plan to wash it tomorrow before we head to the hospital, but of course I will shower then.

A friend who has had a colonoscopy told me at the time, that she was so weak that she couldn't stand up and her dh had to help her get off the toilet. Eww, so I decided that I should take dh's walker in there and hope that I don't need to use it.

I guess you can all tell that this colonoscopy is front and center in my life until it is over. Hopefully by this time tomorrow. Someone from the hospital will call today to tell me when to be there.

Guess I better get busy, because once I start drinking that stuff at noon, I won't be doing anything else. Fun, fun. At least I can look at FB and here on my phone, to keep my feeble mind occupied.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 23, 2017 10:07 am

Not fun for sure, Lilac -and even more so for we diabetics. Can't even do mine at this point. Too much strain on my body with everything else. Maybe next year. :roll:

I'm just puttering away at all the 'hot spots' in our 2 rooms. They just seem to attract all the miscellany.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue May 23, 2017 10:33 am

My dh just gave me my laugh for the day. I was buzzing around the house putting away clean towels, etc. and he commented that he guessed I was doing a few chores before I sit down for the day. That was a nice way to put it, and it struck me as funny.
Last edited by Lilac on Tue May 23, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 23, 2017 10:35 am

:D The POD IS GONE! :D

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue May 23, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah for the pod being gone. I can imagine how tired you all were of looking at it. I know we got tired of looking at those limbs after the blizzard and they were only piled up from Tuesday until dh hauled them off Saturday.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 23, 2017 10:49 am

Amen, Lilac. Dsonil said, "I guess it's official! We're staying". He never heard them come. Took about 12-15 minutes for the process. Interesting. Wish I'd had my camera out with me. Did go back out and snapped a picture of just my car in the driveway and texted it to dd. She'll be relieved. One more step done and $165 a month she can put toward something else. It has had a good influence of being able to organize more 'stuff' and get rid of a lot more.

DD about had a heart attack when we were cleaning the garage. An antique cradle which came from dh's grandparents and we had refinished completely years ago when we were expecting Shelley, was out there. In moving it dd discovered that one certain someone, by the name of T, had written her name on the side. Eventually she did realize that the name was written on tape and that came off. Relief big time. There is a wooden kitchen chair, however, that she did chisel her name in. We've tried countless ways to get it off and it's not to be. I had just realized that dd had these 2 extra chairs in the garage and I was going to buy 2 for our table in the office/kitchenette. So we'll put those 2 in here and I think what I'm going to do is to buy a couple of chair back covers (the ones that slip over the back) for in here and at least that engraving won't be visible. DD was happy with that.

This new carpet is going to have more meaning than just a new 'look'. We realized the other day that every time we see this carpet (it's at least 20+ years old and is dark turquoise in color -one dd has always hated) that it equalizes with T. It will have a huge emotional impact once it's out of here. Let's just say T definitely left her mark all over this carpet all through the house -except dd/dsonil's bedroom. This carpet is in their bedroom, the living area, the hallway, the "art" room and the office. Our room has different carpeting but that's also going.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue May 23, 2017 11:02 am

My dh is out doing himself today with his comedy routine. He doesn't usually have a comedy routine, for one thing. Now he reminded me that I am lucky that I won't be in an outhouse, swatting flies this afternoon and evening. Ugh, can you imagine?

Better hit the shower. Still no call from the hospital. They will probably call while I am in the shower. I put a notepad and pen in there for the day. Also, I have my "loose fitting clothes" for tomorrow ironed.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 am

Lilac - are you also taking a favorite snack to eat when you wake up tomorrow? They gave DH a Sprite & peanut butter crackers (which he HATES) as a snack to get his BS stable after his colonoscopy. I remember wishing that I had brought a snack that he liked. Once we left the hospital we immediately stopped and got something to eat, but there was that 1-2 hour between waking up and being released from the hospital that I didn't plan for.

I spent over an hour on the phone with DMom this morning. She sure loves to talk. She told me "I'm not telling anyone else, but I plan to have knee replacement this winter". I encouraged her to have the surgery instead of becoming unable to get around. After getting off the phone I started thinking and called DMom back and encouraged her to think about having surgery before winter. The winter months are filled with germs and she will be somewhat immobile while recovering from surgery. The worst thing that could happen is she gets pneumonia. I think the chances of her getting pneumonia will be greatly reduced if she has the surgery during summer months. ALSO, her heart doctor is retiring this month. DMom just had a complete heart checkup and the doc cleared her for surgery. If she waits until winter (6 months) then she will have to find another heart doctor and go through all the testing again to be cleared for surgery. I don't expect for DMom to take my advice, and I told her so. But I felt strongly about this and wanted to give her my opinion. Now I will hush about it and support whatever decision she makes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue May 23, 2017 11:42 am

Morning y'all...

I am in the process of my morning routines. On target and should be done soon.

I have several errands to run and the temps will be around 106* a bit high for this time of the year. Sometimes in this heat, the glare of the sun can trigger my migraine. I have good sunglasses to counter that and I always keep my hat on.

Conversations with friend and mom yesterday went much better than I expected. My mom, who will be 90 this winter is still mentally sharp but experiencing bad back pains.. she is having a MRI tomorrow and the drs think it will show arthritis of the spine. She said some thing about not being able to keep up her condo and THAT opened up a door for me.

My brother and I had decided to bring in help for my mom but expected her to fight us. We were going to address this issue when I went home in a few weeks. However I used her commen to express my db and mine concerns. I was able to get my mom to agree to the following:

To bring in some help.
To use a cane or walker.
To use a medical alert
And to use a traveling wheel chair for the upcoming wedding

I will make the arrangements for all of this. This is a huge step for my mom to admit she needs help. Much of it was her pride that kept her from doing so.

My friend had great suggestions for me yesterday which help me with my conversation with my mom. She suggested I use the word companion instead of helper during my conversations with my mom. Made great sense to my as I know my mom has few friends any more. I told my mom her companion would help her get to drs appointments and could go with her to the grocery store and help to bring her food up to her condo. As it is my mom can't carry her groceries up so she leaves her non parishables in her detached garage and brings thing up as she needs them.

The only response from my mom besides... oh I would like that .. is canahe help me around the house? To which I replied yes. By the end of our conversation I could hear the relief in her voice. In the end I think my mom really wanted help, but saw asking for it as a sign of weakness or giving up. And both my db and I are happy that we can get this done for her.

Off to finish my morning... I have "stuff" I still need to get done. Thinking of Lilac and happy for Dee and her dd. Enjoy your day.....
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Dson just called to check in asked about dgd grad. & did not like the answer I was giving him that there was not a time on the announcement. Not sure if we will be up to it and I gave taken on this new job.... I said ... any way we had a good visit. I got the info.

Told dd I was not available Wed. & had a schedule change for #3 dgd. I am thinking it might be my only kid free day except Sun. It is her day off.

I was on call this a m today but not needed & will be needed tonight.

Hank the troublemaker dog was out this morning but seems to have left our street.
Walked the ddog ten min. today.

Feeling better been painting rocks for abc learning. Got a letter written to my dsis & mom.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 23, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”