TRINKET THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TRINKET THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 25, 2017 8:11 am

Is there a trinket you've saved -no matter what? I'm sure I have many but the one that comes to mind right away is a replica of Cinderella's slipper. When I was about 9 the movie came out. I was bed bound and a thoughtful neighbor knew how much I wanted to see the movie "Cinderella" that had just come out. (Dating myself). She gave me a record/book of the movie & my prize book/record. I must have worn that record and that large book out. DD knew how fond I was of that memory and a few Christmases ago she gave me the glass slipper. It sits in our room today.

Have to go to church this morning and help with the bulletin. I'm on my own next week. That day before we leave is going to be ultra busy.

DD made dinner for me last night and it was heavenly. We had a chocolate sundae with pecans for dessert. My one and only for some time. At least my weight's the same today as yesterday.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I did have a great birthday. Dh and both boys called me at some point during the day.

Looking a bit like rain -hope so. We did get some of that rain yesterday, Sunny/Harmony. But we didn't get a whole lot like you've gotten. It did rain hard for maybe 15 minutes. I was able to get a good walk in early evening.

I'm off and running. Have to get a bite of breakfast and be on my way.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: TRINKET THURSDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu May 25, 2017 9:21 am

Need to get off on the road now. Random wandering around the island today. The weather is nice now so we'll do our exploring now.

Tomorrow we may cancel our ferry plans. There are high winds and heavy rain forecast. There's a $30 surcharge to use to the ferry vs. the bridge (it is free to get onto the island but you must pay to get off) so we may just drive. That saves about 90 minutes as well between here and Halifax since we won't have to wait for the ferry to be loaded and unloaded (actual travel time is less than 30 minutes more.)

I found a great looking shoe store last night. If we get back to town early enough today, we'll go today, otherwise tomorrow morning before leaving the island. The window is filled with shoes I can wear so I figure I need to stop in. I know of no shoe store like that at home and desperately need sandals. The ones I'm traveling with are 17 years old and have been worn every summer and many winters (since we travel below the equator a lot in winter) since then. They are Columbia brand and designed to be worn on a beach IN the surf and dry quickly. Yet are leather uppers. They have been indispensable on our cruises since we tend to cruise during rainy-season in the tropics.

At some point, my fitbit folder in my hotmail account was deleted. No idea why. They recently did a redesign of the software but my folders with emails from 2007 are still there. On the other hand, every fitbit email before mid April is now gone. Sigh.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:34 am

Good morning d dee! Such a sweet memory of getting and appreciating that gift and even sweeter that your dd bought you a new cinderella slipper (so special).

Stay safe in those heavy winds and rain d kathryn

My "trinkets"
-my french grandmothers house dress (in my closet - when I open the closet it is right there)- (she always dressed beautifully but when she came home the nice cloths came off and the work cloths came on - she was always warm, happy and a joy and spotless. Her small bible. Her wine glasses
-my dad's sailor hat* and golf gloves* and a letter to us telling us to always be open to learning. (*in 100 year old curio cabinet from my great aunt)
-my d mil her photos of when she was young
-my d fil his army hat -st. christopher medal *
-family rosaries - my dad's, my grandmas *
-my mom's Alsatian jewelry box
-my mom bought me two small alsatian dolls, in 1967, that I have under glass (a boy and girl in traditional garb)
-2 plates from world war 1 from my great grandfather (one for each girl)
-my great grandmothers iron (no electricity of course - heated on the wood stove type)
All, but the house coat, are displayed in my home.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:45 am

ready to work. :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 25, 2017 10:33 am

I slept better last night that helps. :idea: I put some pretty painted trading rocks in a gift cellophane bag with tissue for kidN who had a bday last week. Trinkets good to have fewer of those out of here.

Belated bday wishes for Dee.

Still coughing not as bad. Hot liquid helps glad I got cough drops yesterday.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 25, 2017 10:50 am

Kathryn - I'm curious if your fb, hotmail and fitbit accounts are tied together in any way? It might make a person suspicious why all of them are not playing nice all of a sudden.

I've had DGD5 all day every day this week. I am finding it a challenge to accomplish the extra things I want to do this week of no public school & no homeschool. I'm trying not to get frustrated and adjust my expectations.

I woke up at 5am feeling rested and ready to start my day. I'm trying to stay "off schedule" this week. I'm a weird person who LIKES schedules, but I'm trying to change things up this week.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 am

wishing you a productive and calm week as you work d lady!

glad you got a great night sleep d nancy.

working now in 3 season room - I have had to break up the vacuuming into quadrants as it was a big job this year as I haven't vacuumed in the 3 season room since last spring. (it was filled with dd olders/youngers stuff before)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 25, 2017 11:44 am

I am feeling better. DD and I met with the assisted living advisory person, and he recommended a couple of places, and will try to set up appts for visits tomorrow. So glad to have gotten that suggestion.

I got up late this morning - I've been feeling like I need more sleep lately, probably the anxiety - but s2s-ed and went on to meeting. Need to do a couple of things here at home and I'll take off to get dmom's meals and visit again. I need a grocery store stop for dmom, and get a few groceries for us.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu May 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Back from working at church and having lunch with dsisil. I was going to offer to drive and I didn't have to. Dsisil asked me about taking my car and dropping her back off at home rather than taking 2 cars. I'd much rather drive, believe me!

I left my phone home and I went to reach for it a few different times this morning. Had one call from dfriend who told me I didn't want to come north right now. The weather's horrible. I see there's pouring rain and flooding again. Hopefully in another week the weather will be good. I'll try to take some with me and send some of the rain down here -badly needed.

Gave the other half of sandwich to dsonil. It was grilled ham/cheese and there was too much salt for me. I knew after biting into it that it was going to be salty. It was their special today with a cup of soup which oddly really lacked salt but I added none, being a good gal.

Think I'll try resting for a little while. We have Trivia tonight. DD has Awards ceremony at school so plans to drive directly to Trivia after. I'll just drive myself, albeit I hate driving after dark.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:45 pm

dd younger is going to come with me to get the flowers etc. for d mom
She doesn't have to work today.

My d mom is coming next week to help me spackle dd youngers room after I wash it down so that it will be ready for the painters.

finished the work for this week in 3 season room.

heading to shower - trust me you wouldn't want to see me until after my shower ;)

Return to “Post When You Can”