FOCUS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: FOCUS FRIDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Am focused on laundry now. There are machines here so I have a load on. We've been gone 7 days now so need to get some things washed.

Checked into the hotel just before 2:30 and got everything upstairs by 3:30 and the cooler emptied. Walked up to visit Unc by 4 and left him about 4:45. Tomorrow morning we'll drop by in the morning with an apple fritter for him. And then come back for a longer visit in the and supper in the evening. We'll bring in chicken as usual.

We have a business lunch in the afternoon.

I'm in the process of working out when we can visit dfs and wife. Looks like early-ish on Sunday.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 26, 2017 6:03 pm

Dee: where are you heading in Canada this summer? You'll love the exchange rate!

Washer is done so I've moved back to the laundry room and am working here. For the washer load, I was sitting in by the pool. But my computer ran out of power and there's a bar with stools and power in the laundry room so I'm all set here.

Sunday plans are made now so I'm all set for this visit.

I'm exhausted at the moment so will be keeping a close eye on the dryer. I decided to spend the money on the dryer rather than hang things up, in part because I have my jeans in the wash and will need them for tomorrow. By Sunday I'll be able to switch back to summer pants and t-shirts but tomorrow will still feel cool without full sunlight so the jeans will be nice.

I have about 200 emails to double check before deleting. I haven't really touched email since arriving here.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi again everyone! I have 9 minutes until carpool leaves and I just finished that No Shows report, posted it, and emailed the proper person. Of course, the proper person does not work Fridays, but she will have a nice thing to greet her Tuesday. I decided to call A for dinner, and her original plans had just been cancelled and she was at loose ends. Glad I called. I have long long lists of pending and put off items. I hope I will get some of them done this 3 day weekend. Some won't get done due to the crutches. Ceiling fan purchase and install? Nope. Roof recognizance and repair? Don't think so. Dance practice? Not likely.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 26, 2017 6:42 pm

And now dbro says he thought we just were "looking into" assisted living, not ready to make the move. I'm going to talk to his son tonight. I am pulling my hair out frustrated.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Oh Twins... your brother is just worried abt what will become of him. Stand strong, you're doing the right thing for your mom and yourself. Once he knows what his future holds... even if he doesn't like it, he will eventually feel better. Your time has come and everyone including your brother knew this day would eventually come around.

Try not to feel guilty about it and talk to your councilor... she is there to help YOU as you travel down this road ... hug
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Had to go back and read my posts, Kathryn. ;) Couldn't remember saying I was heading to Canada, but then you never know what I might say and intend something else. It's DD that might be going into Canada. Not to say that it's out of the realm of possibility for me. But doubt it this summer. Especially since dh is having that knee replaced July 11th. Hope we're able to get away for a little bit though. It's going to be a busy summer with all the graduations, etc.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 pm

RR, thank you for the reminder. I just need to stiffen my back and see it through.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Note to self: It isn't the best idea to mow the yard using a manual push mower when it is bright sunshine, no breeze, high humidity and 90+ degrees.

On the positive side: I have reached my step goal for the day.

>>>>I found this sitting here hours later. I forgot to hit the submit button<<<<<

The FNG gathered at Tony's grave tonight with Lilly. His headstone was set today. Then we traveled to Lilly's home and had a potluck meal before Bible Study.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri May 26, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi to BookSaver

Hi, Lynlee

Everyone is here safe. So much activity. The boys have so many stories. They are at the end of the school year, in the middle of testing.

Focus always makes me think of cleaning through the rooms. Its living dining time right now in Focus. dd18 and I did a lot there today, also kitchen and baths, really. HRH got the lawn mowed, both machines, also weed eater. He heard a news report that a boy was bitten by a snake in high grass, so that was that - all grass would be mowed. He has no idea where the news report came from, doesn't matter if it was a continent away, he heard it and it was stuck in his brain.

We will probably go to the nursery for plants tomorrow. The young man is coming over. We need to orchestrate that, especially since ds' family will want to come. Wow.

We will not attend the covered dish after service Sun. It's just too much. We will all go to SS. dd18 just found out and made a face in front of dd37. Dd37 laughed and said if it's this unhappy, we don't have to go but I told her her family is way more important than our comfort. The boys go when they are at home and want to go with us, so that's that. Dd18 will probably go with the youngest to nursery anyhow.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri May 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi, Harriet. :)

Checking in.
Chores this morning and 2 long phone calls. Yummy leftovers for lunch.

Got through errands ok. Post office, personal ATM deposit, off to TheBigCity for sewing group bank deposit, laundromat (5 loads), L ow e's to look at washer/dryer sets, and finally Sam's to pay the bill and pick up a few groceries.

I wouldn't have had to go to Sam's if I had been paying attention to dates to mail the payment on time. :oops: Oh well, we were out of bread & turkey deli meat anyway so now we have plenty of those items on hand for DH to make a sandwich whenever he wants.

So many choices for washing machines these days! :? After looking at the 25+ models in the store, I'm kind of leaning toward the non-glamorous basic model. We have a tiny laundry room, no need for a huge machine for the 2 of us, and we don't wear the kind of fabrics that need lots of special care. More bells & whistles always make me think of more things that will break. The main decision to be made is front load or top load. I've read lots of good and bad things about each. I've been trying both styles at the laundromats. Need to look up reviews for specific models.

Tonight I'm watching videos and relaxing.

Tomorrow I will start sorting through piles of files. I had plans this weekend that did not include wrestling with paper, but it will be worth disrupting those plans to know that boxes of files will be going away in less than 2 weeks.

Return to “Post When You Can”