FOCUS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FOCUS FRIDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 7:38 am

A week or so ago I remember Blessedw2 mentioning something about 'focusing' and thought at the time it was a good Friday title. So here you are! Let's focus.

I'm focusing on putting all those things (small items) that I want to go with me but sometimes still use, into one basket so I can pack from there. I see things here 'n there that I think, "Oh, I should take that". So that will be my focus today.

Finally got up about 6:30. Had a good night's sleep and I just couldn't lie there any more. I'm s2s and just waiting for time to take the rest of my meds in a few minutes.

DD talked to the installer office again yesterday. The 'scheduler' was out. DD told them that she's a teacher and she could only receive calls between 8:15 & 8:45 and for her to call her this morning. At this point we only have Tuesday & Wednesday of next week left that they can put the carpet in. And that pretty much leaves me here to be with the installers. Dsonil has to sleep. Know dd has asked him to go to his Mom's to do that whenever they decide to install. She told them if it can't be installed on those 2 days then they'll just have to store it until she returns in August. Hoping to hear something from her this morning. If I know they're installing next week, it will make a big difference in how I approach my days and what I feel I need to do.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: FOCUS FRIDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 26, 2017 8:05 am

I am doing my usual Friday a.m. clean up for dcleaning lady. DD and I are going to two assisted living places this morning and I think I'm open the rest of the day. Not sure about supper tonight, maybe I'll thaw something later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 8:15 am

Wishing you a good & successful day, Twins. You deserve it!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I took Tuesday and Wednesday off to rest and try to get rid of my cold. I think that helped.

Thursday 8 hour shift at the library. We were extremely busy so the time went quickly.

The library volunteers group is getting a new treasurer, which means I will soon have a lot of extra time in my schedule. :D It also means that I can get all of their stuff out of my house. :mrgreen: My focus this weekend will be to sort through all of those files and get everything packed and ready to transfer.

Today I have a long list of errands, including laundromat. I want to try to stop by at least 1 place to look at washers.

But first, coffee!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 am

That will be a lot off your plate, Booksaver. Myself, I'm grappling with the decision whether it's time for me to resign as church clerk up home. I haven't made one meeting (via Skype) since I left home -I don't think. Of course I have to figure in my heart attack and recuperation in there. I think I'll better be able to make that decision once I'm back up north. I'm sure my resignation for health reasons would be totally understandable. But it's weighing on my mind. I've been clerk for probably at least 25 years. So it's hard to give it up. But probably time.

helia

Postby helia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 am

Peeking in. ..

Main Goals for today:
x 1. Barre class @ 7:30
2. WW meeting at 9:30 -- will be a gain after all that eating in NYC! Of course, we also did a lot of walking, and I got 10K+ steps every day we were there. I did go for a short jog in Central Park Wed. a.m. But the jog and the walking still wasn't enough to counteract the food intake, I think.
3. Payroll meeting @ 1:00 pm
4. SOS -- renew drivers license? I think it is OK to drive in CAN in June w/ a temporary license in case I don't get it back in time. I'll have my passport too.
5. Pick up a bday treat for dd18
5. Running store -- energy tabs
6. Laundry
7. Movie night?

Today is my birthing day!! Dd18 is now dd19! :) We'll fete her properly at a later date. We still need to celebrate ds' bday from March. We have to find a time when all 8 of us (C family included) are available to celebrate each birthday, and that's no simple feat.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri May 26, 2017 8:58 am

Focusing on getting out of the hotel.

It is 10 here. We stayed up until 12:30, until the end of the first overtime period, before giving up on the hockey game and going to sleep. Would have had to been out of here by 8:30 in order to take the first ferry and by the time of the second ferry the weather will be awful so we are passing on that and taking the bridge. Less time out in the bad weather.

It is not sunny so I will be able to work in the car. The drive from here to Halifax is boring/familiar so there's no need to be watching the scenery or navigating for dh. We'll stop at the bridge before crossing and have ice cream one more time but not necessarily our last time since this company has a shop within walking distance of our next hotel. Plus on the way home there's a place where we usually stop to stretch.

Disappointed with the results of the hockey game but that's not really fair - it was a great series and we did really well. In a 7 game series, normally 21 periods of hockey, it took 24 periods for Pittsburgh to eliminate us.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 am

AWWW SHUCKS! Kathryn. I had watched part of the overtime and went to sleep. We have it recorded but I may not be so interested in watching now. It was a good series (other than that one game in Ottawa.) DD who's always been a diehard Penguins fan had been rooting for the Senators too. Well it won't be a very long trip for the finalists. Nashville to Pittsburgh or vice versa. :(

Okay BGS at the ready....1....2....3! I'm off!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 am

You just reminded me that we ordered our passports (DD, Dsonil & me) a few weeks ago. Rather hoping hers come in the next few days as she has nothing to show to enter Canada. Means mine will now be held at our Post office up home (I hope). Since we had to send old passports she has nothing until they come. Be nice if they showed up by this weekend. Just checked and my check was cashed on April 24th so it's only been a month. DD will have to leave a priority envelope for dsonil to send her things.

Really! BGS NOW!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 9:52 am

Wellllll.......think my focus may change a bit. Realized right after dsonil asked if I knew when the carpet was coming. Went in and got my phone. DD texted me an hour ago. Carpet is NOT being installed until August after she comes back from NY. Interesting. Makes the way I proceed with our room and the office change a bit. I'll still leave what's in the bathroom there and put a couple more things in there. But now I'll bring out the things going north with me that I had put in there. Dsonil is a little bit miffed as I'm sure she is. Carpet was paid for ($3,000) over 3 weeks ago and has been in the store for over 2 weeks. Their screw up!

Okay now, I'm off in a new direction.

Return to “Post When You Can”