FOCUS FRIDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: FOCUS FRIDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:19 am

happy friday everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri May 26, 2017 10:25 am

Hello and Happy Payday Friday! That means tonight I should do some B&B. I got done what I could yesterday and put away part of the LOLs. I refused to get the clothes out from under two of the cats. These two don't normally get on very well, but were lying peacefully less than a foot apart. I am in my regular shoes now! I can't tie the one on the left, but at least my foot fits in it.

I was able to get the meds into the sick cat last night and this morning. It's funny to see him after that, he is glassy eyed and dazed. (Normal according to his vet). He did not allow me to put him back in the sewing room, but it is more critical that he stay there at night.

I should probably call someone for dinner tonight. I'd like to call A, but she often has Friday plans with xBFF, which always run very late. I just want to eat and go home. I'd go straight home, but I have had too many migraines lately and still need to eat BIG. Maybe I will go out by myself. DD15 and I did not eat out yesterday. We both were craving the same place. However, it is a buffet and not very practical on crutches.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 26, 2017 10:34 am

I am focusing on getting over a cold.
Laundry is current.
Journaling is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 26, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri May 26, 2017 11:07 am

Morning Y'all...

Humm... my focuse will be getting my office deeply decluttered and then getting my tootsies done.

My db called yesterday and asked if I could come home a few days early... my mom is beginning to get confused and that leads to her getting frustrated which leads her to getting in a tizzy. All normal for her age and she is in a decline.

So yesterday was spent organizing my db and mine thoughts. Think we have a lead on an independent "companion". Have a traveling wheel chair and walker waiting to be ordered from amazon... we, my db and I have a very close friend who works for Hospic and is helping us. We have been friends since high school. Her husband was my brother's very best friend and when Ray was dying with cancer 15 years ago my brother swore to him he would take care of his wife. Patty has remained single since then and my db has been acting like her second husband, with his wife's approval, doing anything she needed. So Patty told my brother yesterday she would be glad to help us. She has also been close to my mom.

So yesterday left me scrambling. I had to reschedule a bunch of appointments and still need to work on one more today. I am flying with"points" and the the airlines was super nice in changing my reservations... took less than 5 minutes to do that. It's American btw.

I have a gathering both tomorrow and Sunday. One is at a friends house here in my community and another at a friends house ... and I am looking forward to both.

Off to start my day... I am being plagued by terrible leg, foot and ankle cramps at night. Have increased water and potaisium and magnesium but it hasn't helped. Epson salt baths help so need to take another tonight.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

helia

Postby helia » Fri May 26, 2017 11:27 am

That sounds like bad management, Dee. So frustrating for all.

I'm back from my first set of errands, well 2nd set if you include barre class as the first. This set was: WW, bank, running store, WF. WW said I was up 0.6, so not too bad, considering the vacation eating I enjoyed. I'm also wearing jeans while last week I wore capris.

I've also checked on some bills and payments crossing in the mail.

Next for me:
- lunch
- work on a.m. routine as much as possible
- otd in about an hour for the next round of errands: payroll meeting and renew drivers license

Main Goals for today:
x 1. Barre class @ 7:30
X 2. WW meeting at 9:30 -- + 0.6. I think losing 10 pounds would really help my running. I think that's still a healthy weight for my height.
3. Payroll meeting @ 1:00 pm
4. SOS -- renew drivers license? I think it is OK to drive in CAN in June w/ a temporary license in case I don't get it back in time. I'll have my passport too.
X 5. Pick up a bday treat for dd18
X 6. Running store -- energy tabs
7. Laundry
8. Movie night?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am

I agree, Helia. In their 'defense' they did offer to install it a few weeks hence. However that would leave dsonil in charge. #1 he has no patience for this type of thing. And #2 he'll be needing to sleep when they would be here. So dd just scheduled it for after she returns to FL in August. Makes my work somewhat easier. But I do want to put all our office things in bins/boxes so she can just move them at one time without having to box all the little things up herself at that point.

Kinda 'watching' for UPS to come by. I had ordered a small tote for taking things back & forth to the car. It arrived a couple of days ago but one zipper is absolutely not working. So I put in for a return, have it packaged and UPS is supposed to stop for it today with the mailing label ready to go on the package. Easy. Only had to put this in a large envelope. I re-ordered the same thing last night -hopefully with working zippers. I could have kept it but asked myself "why?" when it was brand new. Just wanted to be sure it'd be here before I leave in a week. A week!? :o
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri May 26, 2017 12:38 pm

Checking in here. DD and I saw two assisted living communities - one is 8 minutes away, one is 24 minutes away. Cost is about the same. The second is probably nicer, but it also has only private rooms. I prefer that dmom have socialization so would prefer she has roommate - I could be wrong on that but but at the first place she could move to a private room if it doesn't work out. I think we'll go with the first, and I'll try to move her week after next. I have not "signed on the dotted line" yet.

RR, thinking of you. At least my dmom lives locally.

Trying to decide whether I should call dbro and let him express an opinion before I "sign on the dotted line." What if he freaks out?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri May 26, 2017 2:33 pm

I'm taking a well-deserved break. I have been letting DGD5 and DS8 swim 11:00am - Noon. They don't float around but are actively swimming almost constantly. That gets them good and tired so they are ready for a rest (nap) after they eat lunch. Which means I GET A BREAK. :)

I forgot to get our A/C units checked for summer usage. When I turned them on last night only one of the units worked. I called this morning to ask for repair. I was surprised when they pulled into our driveway within 5 minutes. They guy who owns the HVAC business said he heard our service request and was nearby on his way to a big job so he just stopped by. It was a simple fix.........the puppy had chewed an electrical wire. While they were here I asked them to install a WIFI enabled thermostat. I am loving that! When we went to pay, the repair guy wouldn't give us a bill. He said it was free because we gave him lots of free car washes over the years. DH asked if we could buy him lunch and he agreed to that.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri May 26, 2017 2:46 pm

Twins, I sure hope it all works out with your brother and DMom and her move.

We are back from our trip. I am counting my blessings. There were wall-to-wall trucks and for some reason empty school buses on the road up so that was hairy but we did ok. Certainly better than the interstate route. The last road part had major construction for a long way.

Graduation was the nicest one I've ever attended. I was very impressed with how they did things. They had 60 graduates and mentioned their name and their diploma status (summa cum laude, academic, college prep, honors etc.) and their plans (college name). There was ONE community college, and the rest were full colleges including the Citadel, private colleges, and some elite ones like Stanford. No one was military or going to work instead. I guess that's the difference with a private school where the parents are paying the tuition for 12+ years.

So we went out for dinner afterward which was nice. I took the 3 grandsons to breakfast before we went home the next day. Our hotel was wonderful.

While we were there we could feel the battery dying, and we got home but never stopped it at all on the way home. We couldn't start it once we got home. DH has jumped it and is on his way with the receipts to buy another. I looked at all our receipts; these long-duty batteries have only lasted 3 years, every 3 years since year 2000. Anyway, we get the new ones half-price because they don't last.

I'm glad to be back. Unloaded the car, but not much is put away yet. Now it's back to the old routines and we have a bunch to catch up on.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri May 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Think I've been on another planet, Harmony. Somehow I missed that you were going away. Glad you've had a safe 'n sound trip. Graduations like that are awesome.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”