Monday Maneuvers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday Maneuvers

Postby Harriet » Mon May 29, 2017 8:38 am

We're out on maneuvers for the new week today!

Maneuvers definitions - planned and regulated movement, a series of tactical exercises, an instance of changing direction, an adroit move or skillful proceeding.

Whether we're at our base in our usual tactical planning, or out in the field on skillful maneuvers ;) , we've got this!

Harriet

Re: Monday Maneuvers

Postby Harriet » Mon May 29, 2017 8:55 am

Good morning, everybody!

Planned and regulated movement of my morning floor exercises :) makes me feel more limber and supple today. The last of yesterday evening's several laundry loads have proceeding through folding. The check for our guest speaker yesterday is ready for the mail, and now I need to get an email out - actually I need to find the email I already sent :roll: and resend because it's too much trouble for someone else to find it and easier to just ask me to resend. Sigh. Of course it is.

Wow, some regulation needed - I better keep a close watch on the eating today! :o The meal I prepared for everyone's Saturday lunch was ideal, with veggies and wild rice. WonderBoy especially asked for seconds on everything and made Grandma happy. And my own breakfasts of smart cereals were good. But cake and restaurant food at other times over the weekend has had quite an effect, according to the scale!

Then, it's hitting the books.

errands - Sometime early this week I'd like to make a trip to the vitamin store - out of a few things. I'm sure the grocery is on the horizon, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:06 am

hi d harriet! good morning - I am also in shock - I need to eat healthily again... cake fun and being out all weekend is so much fun but not on my diet! :D
So nice to see this monday morning for maneuvers!

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:09 am

My mothers party was brilliant!!! Between dd youngers video and dd olders ideas that we implemented, as well as dh's help, my mother had a very special birthday.

Glad this weekend is done but it was so much fun -and I am wonderfully content - I do love to play. ;) :lol: Going back to work after having so much fun will be a challenge 8-)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 29, 2017 10:05 am

I've been puttering away in our side of the house while awaiting dsonil's arising. Oops he just knocked that he's up. One more day of this as tomorrow and Wednesday he has to be at work at noon -9pm. He's off Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Hopefully when we come back in the fall it will be to a different routine.

Trying to organize the office so it's ready for dd to just pick up a few boxes and take them out for the 'install'. Also will get the bedroom ready once I have everything out in the car.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 29, 2017 10:28 am

I put out red white and blue painted rock bees I painted at the trading post, while I was there saw 4 deer journaling about that now & making plans for my day. We need to do an early store run. Did not happen.

H is not going to try to swap put the seats in the truck today after all. I did will not mow but did rake some seeds in the front yard for exercise.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 29, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Mon May 29, 2017 10:36 am

Hi everyone! Days continue to be packed full here. I'm pretty peopled out after the weekend.

Saturday - I was out pretty much from 7:20 a.m. until 10:30 pm:
- jogged 6.2 miles (out 7:20 - 9-ish with driving to and from destination, running, stretching before and after, fiddling with new phone holder
- brunch with out of town friend + other friends in neighboring town, out 9:30 - 11:50
- wedding, out 12:30 - 3:40
- small group, out 5 - 9:30 pm
- coffee with dh straight after small group. Got home around 10:30 pm.

Sunday:
- church, SS, lunch - out 9:15 - 2:15
- talked to parents for about 30 minutes
- C family here for dinner until about 9 pm

Today:

I have just jogged 4 miles, starting to wind down toward the 10K run on Sunday. Next, will be a groc. store run. We're grilling tandoori chicken + teriyaki chicken (I know -- 2 very different cultures; one is marinated in yogurt and there's lactose intolerance in our guests) tonight. Our skiing family friends will be here around 5 pm + a friend. Dd21 is also inviting a friend. We'll be 12 people, unless S and tot J join us. Then, we'll be 14. R has to work at the hospital tonight. So, today will be shopping, cleaning, cooking, and hosting.

I'm off to get the groc. store run done. I might need to go to WF as well, so perhaps 2 groc. stores.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon May 29, 2017 11:24 am

Good morning, villagers ~
This weekend I didn't hit my office decluttering project really hard until last night. I needed to take care of some "but firsts" before really digging into the room. Last night I got on a roll sorting/tossing/filing, stayed up very late, and thus I'm getting a late start this morning.

Today's plan for the library volunteers group files is to update the current year and then work my way backward through the 5 years I've been Treasurer. Those notebooks are my priority, to make absolutely sure that I have all of my documentation in order. I'm pretty confident about them because I've been through an audit of my books every year. I just want to pull out all of my copies of meeting Minutes and committee/event/project planning pages, etc., as they have my personal notes on them that won't mean anything to anyone else. I know there have been several times that I've had to pull the notebooks apart to make copies of reports & receipts for various people, so I need double check to make sure I put everything back in order.

The "files" for the years before I was elected are in boxes that I need to locate in my long-term storage. I always meant to pull them out and sort through them, because they were papers handed over to me in tote bags. I've always had a hard time locating specific information in those bags; they didn't appear to be set up in any filing system that I recognized. I had planned to reorganize them this summer before turning them over in September. Since the timeline has been moved to *immediately* I'm not going to worry about how those are organized. I only need to locate them and label them as archives.

But first ... I've only had half a cup of coffee so far. It's time for real food for energy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:39 am

I am ready to work - I want to continue playing :D 8-)

hi d book!
hi d helia! I will be cheering you on this week - congratulations on working towards your goal!
hi d nancy!
hi d dee!
hi d harriet!

Hello to all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon May 29, 2017 12:18 pm

helia, that is a very important consideration - good job thinking of your guests. You are a good hostess, though, so no surprise that you would be thoughtful. In schools where the children are bound to accept the cartons of milk every day and just conform, without different choices, no one thinks of the consequences to the child who will either drink something that hurts and affects their whole afternoon, or have no drink. At dd18's high school, for the first time I saw students were able to reach for a water instead, if they were willing to pay the additional cost. They still got a milk carton, whether they could use it or not. This from LiveStrong:

According to a May 2002 article in the “American Family Physician,” some ethnic groups have high levels of lactose intolerance including up to 100 percent of Asians and Native Americans, 60 to 80 percent of blacks and 50 to 80 percent of Latinos. Conversely, only up to 15 percent of those with northern European ancestry have symptoms of lactose intolerance.

BookSaver, you have a talent for record-keeping correctness.

A foster-hamster is my desk companion. Long story. :roll: Hopefully a short story in my presence, though, with dd accomplishing a re-homing soon. (There was a failed adoption and somehow my daughter gets in the middle of these things.) Rufus (who looks more like a Fabio, with his long golden locks) is munching on seeds in his little house - house is no more than a tenth of his living space, landscaped in a large Rubber maid type storage container with dd's architecture of bolted wire-grid picture window and skylight for airflow. He was out and about enjoying his yard ornament clutter last evening when I was here - nocturnal. To paraphrase Foxworthy, If there are wheels and mini-logs and homemade paper-towel roll-tunnels in the yard, your hamster miiiiiigt be a redneck. (I admit it, one of the tunnels was my gift - I'm an enabler.)

helia, dd18 asks me, what was your drat's name? In her study of caring for this new orphan, she learned some about pet rats, too.

I better get back to study.
Dd37 enjoyed navigating this distance learning site with me over the weekend, then took me to hers. Her Univ uses Moodle software, this one and dd18's use Canvas. She just designed a new 1.5 hour course for hers that will be available for purchase. The team that needed this one is business education dept and it's called Customer Relations. Gee, I hope someone will learn something! There's a big need out there! :roll:

Return to “Post When You Can”