Monday Maneuvers

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Monday Maneuvers

Postby helia » Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 pm

LOL! Oh, Harriet, it's good to see you here again. I think we've both been absent a fair bit lately from this thread.
You too, Booksaver. I don't see you here very often either. Good luck with the files.
Always nice to see you, blessed, Dee, and nancy.

I do love the little critters too. Rufus' environment sounds really stimulating for him! We did have 2 rats, not at the same time but one after another. How did you remember? The first was named Peter, the second Walnut. Walnut was a female. Both got tumors at about age 2, though Peter actually died of a stroke or heart attack or some one-time event. Both dh and I were in the room and heard the awful squeal. Our rats were great pets, more social and friendly and smarter than the hamsters we'd had. The girls used to make a maze for Peter to run through. After Walnut passed b/c of cancer, I said no more rats, mainly b/c they both got tumors quite early on. Also, Peter especially would just p** a little on a regular basis whenever he was out of the cage, so blankets, carpets, etc. had to be washed after he had been on them.

Harriet, has your dd18 read anything about pet names? Unintentionally, all our pets have had 2 syllable names, including the hens. We've learned that's actually good/helpful for dogs, though I can't remember why. Unrelated, but dh and the kids all have 2 syllable first names. Mine is not 2 syllables.

We used to give clementine crates to our guinea pigs. Turned upside down, they made nice little hideaways for them, and the wood ones were pretty sturdy.

Done:
x jog
x groc. store run
x dh got chicken marinating
x kitchen is clean
x lunch

Next:
- s2s and self care
- gluten and dairy free cake in the oven
- make bed
- work on folding and putting away laundry

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 pm

Made brownies, journaling done. Laundry is going. Back yard is mowed. Hens are out.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:54 pm

quick hi!

It's always nice to see you too d helia!

dd younger is making focaccia
I straightened the dining room and kitchen and vacuumed a bit. I also did some paperwork. dd and dh went for a walk - he loved having time alone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon May 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Been puttering at something almost all day. DD and I went through some boxes she brought home from her school last year. Most she put in a box to take to her new school (in the fall). A few things she kept for herself and some were relegated to a donate pile or the recycle bin. Took us all of 15 minutes probably.

Dsonil should be up momentarily so will go out shortly to warm his dinner. Yep...there goes his alarm.

Got a check written for some medical here -that I really don't feel I'm responsible for, but it was just $70 so will pay it and have it off my mind.

Still haven't put things in boxes for dd to move when the carpet installers are here in August. Perhaps will do that in a bit. Actually I've been entering all my gas receipts into Excel. But I can only stay at that task a little while. So I just have it down to be done daily.....and then "Begun is half done." Next thing I know, it's completed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

helia

Postby helia » Mon May 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Feeling tired but pushing through. I'll need to control my eating this week; the weekend was OK but a brunch, a wedding, small group, and lunch out on Sunday weren't too helpful. Weighing less will help me run this weekend.
Mmm... focaccia bread. It's nice to have a dd who bakes, blessed!
Puttering sounds great, Dee!

Dh has gotten the kids moving so lots has happened today. Well, ds and dd19 are more easily moved than dd21. Dh has:
- done a lol; folded a couple (I helped with this too)
- gone through a mountain of mail; filed papers and put away random books
- decluttered the window shelf in our kitchen
- tidied the coffee table
- dd19 has decluttered the coat closet bins (mittens, hats, etc.)
- dd19 has cleaned the main upstairs bathroom
- ds has vacuumed the living room
- ds has bought some iced tea for tonight
- dd21 has cleaned the downstairs bathroom

Now, MY accomplishments for the day: :)

Done:
x jog - 4 miles
x groc. store run
x dh got chicken marinating
x kitchen is clean
x lunch
x s2s and self care
x helped fold and put away 2 lols
x made a gluten and dairy free cake
x unloaded dw and cleaned the kitchen again!
x made the bed and cleared the cedar chest
x dusted/wiped down surfaces in the living room
x wiped down kitchen window sills
x cleaned the stove top
x check to dd19
x emptied garbage cans on main floor; ds took bag out to the bin
x fresh eggs cleaned and put away

Next:
- vacuum the stairs
- figure out seating with dh. He thinks we're sitting outside. However, there are only 8 chairs on the patio, and it looks like it might rain now.
- wash and slice yellow squash

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Just a quick post to say hello.

I'm still not unpacked from my trip. Except for overnight cosmetics, etc., vitamins, meds. Clothes still in suitcase. I did hand wash the car. We hit the mother load of love bugs on the way up and back and those had to be scrubbed off. Surprised to see the car still actually shines after all these years. Also went to the grocery store.

Sunday was church and the beach. We must have stayed too long (2 hours only) because DH and I both were so exhausted we needed to nap once we got cleaned up. This is the first I've seen him so worn out from the sun. I've been getting like this for the past couple years. We slept till 8:00 then I got dinner.

Today I discovered DH had been cleaning out things in his closet. It is by no means done but he looked at a few things. We have a big stack of 25-yr-old contracts we're going to burn when the burn ban is lifted. And 2 suitcases to donate somewhere. I was surprised he was ready to let them go.

Then he tackled his bins of photos we got stuck with when his DMother died. Nobody in the family wanted them. One box had just loose photos and we went through them and organized some into family plastic bags, some to give away, and a whole bunch to throw out. No names, duplicates, fuzzy ones. I went through his toss pile and grabbed the ones with German writing on them and older generations he didn't think anybody would want and put them together labeled older generations. In case someone is looking someday. All this took us another 4 hours.

So right now I'm wading through my desk which is piled from the holiday and our trip.

Blessed, I wanted to tell you how bad I felt about your garden. Just awful for that to happen. I have 4 bushes dead from the chemicals from the roof cleaning. I told dH that would happen, but he didn't listen. About 10 years ago he killed every plant around the house with his roof cleaning. I replaced them all and he didn't even help. I'm going to make him help with these last 4.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Very short 2 hour shift today is over. I need to dump trash for pick up tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon May 29, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon May 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Monday Maneuvers
- chicken veg stock made - still to sieve
- helper came - with a newbie trainee. I wasn't good at coming up with extra jobs for her beyond unpacking dish drainer. Hoping I don't lose my regular person who knows what is done and where to find things.
all the washing was pa also. and more recycling out.
- afternoon support group. said I wasn't going to the new time slot, without slamming the org behind the change (too much) (I hope I didn't at least). I did say the new time may suit some new people that the prev time did not suit.
- beach walk - towards next beach suburb instead of my more usual tack to the river mouth.

Tuesday thoughts for deeds

process stock
different breed of support group
ring another who may be feeling 'put out' re Monday support group
ring dm
bin day inc green bin.
LOL
washing in and away.
yoga - please
vitamins and minerals. double please.

whats done?
tmeds
look at the day. clouds are lifting fog I think
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

We've maneuvered ourselves to Baddeck, which is on Cape Breton Island.

We have a chalet with a gorgeous view. And a price tag to match. No breakfast and we didn't get organized enough to think about that until the local grocery store closed. It opens at 8:30 in the morning and I'm notoriously slow moving in the morning and can go until 10 or more if I have my tea and chocolate so that isn't a crisis.

We arrived at 3 and went straight to the Alexander Graham Bell museum since it closes at 5. The two hours was the right amount of time. Traveling in the off season is wonderful, no crowds at all, there were 4 other people touring the museum while we were there.

After that we checked into the hotel, dumped our stuff and I decided I was starving so we headed back in the car to the village to find some dinner. One restaurant and a cafe are closed (not tourist season yet), our hotel's restaurant is over priced, the other hotel is fine-dining and the local pizza place is probably fine but my jaw is too sore to eat most things, including pizza. We ended up at a lovely 'diner' that serves excellent food and was full the whole time we were there. We both ended up with hot turkey sandwiches. Real meat, homemade gravy and potatoes and overcooked-just-like-mom-made veggies. And mushy enough that it didn't aggravate my jaw.

After dinner we drove around a bit to see if there were any breakfast options (the diner is only lunch and dinner) and then came back to the hotel. We decided to walk a bit and walked over to the other hotel. It had carrot cake so we shared a dessert there. And ended up talking with the other two couples in the restaurant so it was a good interaction.

We walked back and I got up the hill with only two stops along the way. It is 1/4 mile all uphill. At least I felt like I was burning off the carrot cake!

We are back in for the night. It is dead quiet here. I can hear birds but that's it.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi everyone! Yesterday, I backed up the computer and my phone contacts. Today, I went to the fabric store to get practice fabric to learn to serge with. Serging is easy, threading is a pain in the tailbone. I called to wish my brother a happy birthday and decluttered a bag of clothes in the MBR. Half were put away, half were give away. Dailies are done except cat meds (too early) and load car (need some of the stuff).

I didn't know tandoori chicken was marinated in yogurt. Fortunately, I don't have problems with it, because I like it! I am about to do a computer jigsaw, then cut out dog and cat beds with Father Brown. Not Hogan this time, a coworker leant me some videos while I was laid up and I must finish them. It is weird to have "watch videos" on my chore list.

I have brushed enough hair off Stratton to make a whole 'nother cat.

Return to “Post When You Can”