TENDING TUESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

TENDING TUESDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 am

What are you 'tending' today? I'm tending my l&&ts of l&&ts. :lol: Starting to put things on cards to put out on the office table of things I need to complete in the next 3 days. Then I'm assigning a day to them. Don't want to forget something.

Eating breakfast & sipping my coffee. Discovered last week I truly enjoy a 2nd cup of coffee later in the day so bought a box of decaf pods, In the morning it's the caffeine jump start but later just enjoyment. rest of the day it's ice water. Weight is beginning to very slowly drop off again. did have a very low BS about 2:30am-48. Never ever been that low. Going to try for an appointment with my diabetes educator/friend after I get home & see what she (and Dr) think about meds right now, It seems high to me at lunch, low in the morning (at least lower than they want), then good before dinner. Have a feeling they may do something with the metformin I'm taking with dinner.

Editing at 10:00: Just remembered to take out a check to the mailbox. I was billed for some medical procedures that I'm not really sure I was to be billed -but it's paid. I'll worry about it later.

Dsonil let me know he was up. He's going to work early today and tomorrow then is off for 3 days. That's making up for working Memorial Day. And he has a meeting one of those mornings -not sure if it's today or tomorrow, but would think at this point that it's tomorrow. He and dd had a bit of a "set-to" last night. He'd wanted to order something and dd had said to wait until her check goes in -either today or tomorrow. She told him she'd just discovered the error she made in their bank account by paying their roof payment twice & it had already been deducted automatically, making close to an $800 mistake. He was fine with that and told her to just transfer $$ from an account that they'd been 'stashing' money in. All was good -----until he had time to stew and stew and he called her last night and ended up hanging up on her. Not his usual behavior. I have noticed him being a bit grumpy for the last week or so, so this was his outlet I'm sure. I'm trying to avoid him this morning as I don't want him talking to me about it. Puts me in an odd position.

Editing at 11am: DSonil bid me goodbye and said there was something I was going to say but I forgot. Bet I'm pretty sure what it was about and am just as glad he didn't say anything. ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: TENDING TUESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 30, 2017 10:24 am

Looking in from Hilton Head. We had a gorgeous day on the beach yesterday. Today is partly cloudy, might go to pool instead and veg out. What a life - easy to forget about worries at home.

We'll be home Sunday late afternoon, will have to get back into "normal" mode. I have a new planner book to start June, here's a link on Amazon. Hoping a new notebook will make me a little more excited about using it regularly! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079 ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 am

quick hi d twins!!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 30, 2017 10:29 am

It is coming up on 11:30 here and we are just finishing breakfast. It is cool here but bright sun so I ate on our deck overlooking the lake. Gorgeous!

Our goal for the day is 90 minutes away so we need to get going.

We had a lazy start and then walked into town for groceries for breakfast and my lunch. I picked up local scones which are amazing. I have six so will have another for a bedtime snack and maybe 2 for tomorrow before they won't be fresh any more. Also had yogurt and granola so a reasonably high protein breakfast. My salad this this afternoon also has protein.

Must get the dishes done up and head out.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 am

Nice note book Twins! I learned yesterday that Alexander Graham Bell carried one and made notes all day so he could share stories he'd heard with others as well as writing down ideas he had.

I'm using a small notebook that fits in my small purse to make notes during the day for my travelog.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue May 30, 2017 10:42 am

I did get a letter ready to go in the mail for this week to dsis. Yea, also rolled up power cord, and got the chick light, feeders waterers etc put that away from the coop. Picked up the yard got out the sprinklers. Dug out the suckers from under the lilac bush. Counting this for some of my exercise today.
Considering removing them because of allergies. Journaling done.

I messed up on my meds. Took a late dose last nite so I am a bit off track on my schedule for it today.

Afternoon payroll.

Store run done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 30, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 am

Hi everyone!

I will be on "vacation" next week from Saturday until Tuesday as far as I know. We might not be able to cope with the food at our friend's place.

Speaking of friends... Messy Friend gets the keys to her rental condo on Thursday. Is her place even close to be packed? NO! Because I couldn't deal with her mess, I have been cleaning and tidying my place.

Cue the trumpets... Laundry Mountain was conquered yesterday!! I washed and dried stuff on Saturday and Sunday and almost everything got put away yesterday. There is a couple of pajama bottoms on the dresser which I just went to put away. Found a very happy sleeping cat. I could hear her purring across the room. How am I supposed to interrupt that??

What I want is to be able to come into a clean and tidy sanctuary after I leave Messy Friend's house. As my Clean Friend told me in a phone call, the dirt was getting to her. She said that every drawer had actual dirt in it when she was trying to help her pack some stuff last week. As a matter of fact, Clean Friend admits that she has a large Costco sized container of Lysol wipes in every single room of her house. She is fanatical about dirt. She just called and invited me over for tea, so away I go.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue May 30, 2017 10:48 am

I really like this size notebook, Kathryn. Fits in my purse or pocket, and I prefer it to the 8.5 x 5.5 size. Has a pocket in the back and the band to keep it together.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue May 30, 2017 11:21 am

Thanks for the link, Twins. I found one nearly like it a lower price (not much). Earmarked it to order this fall for DH's Christmas stocking. Looked all over this spring before he left for one. He likes to list just what he does each day so he has a log if his hours are ever questioned. Plus it lets him know he's doing the best job possible. No sense ordering it right now.

Dsonil has left and I have free reign of the house. Yay! Trying to get a lot of my steps in inside. We went out about 7:15 last night and it was still 95 and the pavement was much too hot for dBailey. So went about 8:30 while it was still fairly light out.

As predicted my dsisil called to see if I was coming over this morning. Went into detail yesterday that I had to be here to give a package to UPS -return for A river. If they come today (they were supposed to be here Friday -didn't happen) I told her I'd call before I came over OR I'd be there tomorrow -after they come if they don't come today. I'm not sure whether she just doesn't really pay attention any more or if her mind is really beginning to slip. If I notice a big change by this fall, think we'll probably talk to dbil about it. Know at Christmas we were very clear with her that we'd be going to our Christmas Eve service at our church before we came over there (as we do every year). As we left the church driveway she called to see where we were and why we weren't there yet. There's been several instances of the same thing so am beginning to wonder.

I was having trouble keeping all those things organized that I "might" want with me in my travels here 'n there. I bought this from A river a bit ago and love it. I put all those things in that I might need going & coming from my car and I don't have to put them all in a purse. I'm down to a large wallet wristlet that I also love. Put that in the middle of this organizer for the trip to/from the car. https://smile.amazon.com/Go-Beyond-TM-C ... TFJDXG1N80 If anyone wants to see what I'm talking about. Also slip things in there that have to go in the mail, etc. It's perfect size and helps me not to have handfuls of things to transport. Keep my lipstick, hand lotion, band aids, pens, etc, etc, in it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:12 pm

hi - I thought my d mom and dd younger were going to go downtown but that will be Thursday am with dd younger and Friday with both d mom and dd younger.

today: work on the chaos clutter - my medicine area
and continue the other job: basement.

hi d dee yay on the free reign of the house! enjoy!

hi d twins so happy you had a wonderful day on the beach!

hi d cathy yay on your vacation - good for you on doing your own things!

hi d nancy great job on your work

hi d kathryn sounds like a beautiful day by you.

wishing everyone that comes in a wonderful day as well!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”