GOOD MORNING WEDNESDAY!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: GOOD MORNING WEDNESDAY!

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Well so much for 'being up & at 'em' :( I sat down in the recliner to read just a 'bit'. 1 & 3/4 hours later I woke up. Now having my lunch & then need to hit the floor running. Have the day set in hour increments but I'll be hard put to get everything done on my list for today. Having a Lean C freezer meal that was in my freezer -okay not great.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 31, 2017 1:30 pm

I have swept the kitchen and dining room traffic areas & shook out rugs. I vaccumed the living room. Feel like I am just inching along but at least it is progress none the less.
My bs was up into ack land this morning but I slept well last night.

Got the rest of the dining room swept.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 31, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Homeschool day has had a few bumps but is going fairly well. We got a later start than normal so we still have another hour to do after lunch. DS8 is holding himself to such high standards that he becomes frustrated when he doesn't meet his expectations. We have paused school work and had a couple discussions about this today. I encourage him to "Just do your best and it will all be okay." I want him to quit comparing himself to others. He said "I should know this by now! They teach it in the 2nd grade!". Sooooo WHAT? When I was growing up and in school, they taught it in the 5th grade! It doesn't matter what age or grade you learn it but just that you do learn it. We will keep working on it until it is easy peasy just like all the other things you have learned.

DH asked if I wanted one of his egg, cheese, ham sandwiches for lunch today. He fixes the best I've ever eaten. I don't eat them very often because he is veery liberal with his portions......but OH MAN! Every bite of that sandwich makes my taste buds happy. Soooo worth it! every once in a while
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Helia, we are heading home slowly. Six hours today, tomorrow, and Friday.

I can't get over the weather. We were just past our sleeping city on our way to see some dunes when the rain came down. It was 6 miles to the next exit and it got lighter and stopped so I said keep driving to the dunes.

It is 53 but feels colder than yesterday due to the damp and no sun. But it didn't rain again so we got 3500 steps in and watched heron fishing.

Had ice cream at the nearby town and are now driving back to Moncton where we'll have fish and chips from our favorite place for dinner.

We are at a different hotel this time since since I will never go back to the ashtray smelling one.

Every stop dh checks the weather forecast and says we've made the right decision to abandon the rest of the trip.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed May 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Sure your journey is seeming extra slow with the weather up there, Kathryn. :?

It doesn't matter what age or grade you learn it but just that you do learn it. We will keep working on it until it is easy peasy just like all the other things you have learned
Uh....it seems that we all could use that quote, LadyM. We're probably all still learning -something!

Just finished cleaning up most of my stuff in the office & packing it in a box for dd when they rip up the carpet in here. I do feel so much more energetic this afternoon. DD just called from WDixie to see if we needed milk. She's also going to pick up something for dinner. Hadn't even thought about it but dsonil will be home about 9:30 or so tonight and will be hungry. Said she cooked him a pulled pork sandwich last night at 10pm. We'd have to change our schedule if he was going to work this schedule very long. She said he'd most likely say when he gets home, "What's for dinner?" Figured she and I could eat PBJ if nothing else, but not so if we need to feed dsonil later.

Only 1 1/2 days to go -dd will be happy. Me too -on our way north to see dh! :mrgreen: Imagine I'm going to have to watch the radar closely to manage packing the car. Been having thunder/lightening afternoons last day or two. Had downpour for a while yesterday and lots of close lightening (poor dBailey). She's lying right here by me -have to be careful when I get up not to trip over her. I was noticing today on way over to see dsisil how horribly brown everything is -except our neighbor's lawn. That sprinkler system comes on like clockwork -oh wait -it IS clockwork.

Not sure I'm going to get steps in today. Sure can't walk in the lightening.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed May 31, 2017 6:28 pm

Wednesday Highlights
sunshine
home day
Washing out in and away
bins in
cleaned up after stock making
washed pots and stuff. bit of K rescue happened.
started new lib book. then napped.
walked 3k 35 min with young neighbour pushing stroller. I think we both pushed the other. I went faster than I normally walk, and she walked further then she would have done.

Thursday
8 hrs in bed with light off. ... radio on though. Cold enough to grab another blanket.
TMeds
pots - I think they need another wash as still a little 'greasy'
outside - sunshine is glary to my eyes.

today todo or not todo
yoga or tai chi at home
washing
2pm appointment
bath and hair. stretching my neck and back flat on the bottom of a hot bath will help.
ph call
yard
bill pay
Kitchen rescue
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 31, 2017 6:37 pm

We are cocooned in for the night in the hotel. No ashtray smell. A little kitchen area with full sized fridge so my ice packs are freezing now. I haven't had that since Prince Edward Island last Friday. We've had a fridge each night and I made do with ice in ziplock bags for the cooler for the past two transfers. Now we'll have ice the rest of the way home because my jugs of frozen water stay frozen for 2 - 3 days.

We are only using the cooler to keep the drinks cool and with the temps so cold at night (well under 40*) the drinks in the car are as cold as the ones I've put into the hotel fridge each night.

On the whole, I think my plan to grab a salad and fruit from a grocery store each day has worked well. I'm averaging about $8 so more than lunch at Tim Horton's but less carbs. And more fruits and veggies. As well, it means I don't need to save food for my lunches. We have also been carrying milk with us just because we can't get through a full quart each night. That might be a problem in the summer since it might spoil if the cooler isn't cold enough. Maybe I should bring a thermos with us in the summer and transfer the cold milk to that to help keep it colder in the cooler.

There's a ton of stuff we haven't used but if the weather was better we would have used everything except maybe the folding chairs. We had beach towels (ha!) and I have sandals I've never touched.

I'm having a cup of decaf tea and then seriously considering going to bed. I'm so out of sorts. Dh plans to watch a movie tonight on his tablet. I haven't finished unpacking for the night but wanted to get online to check something. Then I came here and forgot what it was I wanted to check!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Plugging along got the bedrooms in the back of the house vacuumed. Yea! Boiled & peeled eggs for chef salad and lunches. I cleaned under the dog kennel.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 pm

I did get that painting done. All afternoon in 100° temp. I've never had sweat pour like that before. I had a rag to wipe paint spills, but never used it for that, I kept using it to wipe my face. DH got primer and 2 coats of outer paint on all three walls. I got all the cut in done.

Never was so happy to get into a shower as I was tonight.

Dinner sure wasn't fancy. Frozen fish and chunky soup. No muss no fuss, but sure tasty.

I have paperwork to fill out for tomorrow and I have to look at directions. Gonna be an early night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed May 31, 2017 8:51 pm

Sad email from home. NF11 was attacked and scratched-up at school today when a classmate tried to rip a necklace off her claiming it did not belong to NF11. The teacher had to physically restrain the other student.

Her mother has said that she will not return to school this year. I'd feel the same way. I sent a note to them saying I have heard, I am sad, I understand not wanting her to go back to school, and to contact the multicultural liaison officer because she can walk them through the process. I also explained that technically, NF11 has to be in school. I also asked that they give her a hug from me. Not sure they will understand that (sometimes abstract concepts like that translate, other times they don't. Arabic includes a direct translation of the expression 'on the tip of my tongue' for instance.) I told them I'd been home on Friday and would see them on the weekend.

It is a shame because she is beginning to make real progress with our after school support team.

I'm so annoyed at the school.

Thankfully, I had my bullet journal with me and it contains the name of the MLO and her contact information so I could remind them to use her as a resource.

Return to “Post When You Can”