Thundering Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thundering Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:35 pm

We did manage to scoot around storms.

We were hit as I posted last time, got to the town for last gas of the day. We gassed up 3x today, not because we needed that much but because we needed some in the morning, paid for gas so I could use a washroom (dd's method when she's cross-country driving since it is cheaper and healthier than buying junk food) and then the last stop before the next province, one with higher gas taxes. We'll need to gas up before leaving Quebec but 300 miles into our drive tomorrow.

The last stop was also at a grocery store and I finally (at 4 Atlantic Time) got my veggies and fruit for my 'lunch.' I had already had a protein bar, banana and some nuts but was anxious for veggies and fruit.

While in the store, I was stuck in a long check-out lineup and anxiously watched a storm rolling in. The rain started only moments after I got back to the car.

There was another brief shower but it is sunny at the moment. Thick, white, puffy clouds surround us so the no-rain state may not last.

The time changed when we crossed the border so my computer time is correct once more. Since I ate so late, I'm not in a hurry but am online in order to suss out meal options nearby.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Thursday

winter has officially arrived, in more ways than one.
bath and hair. stretching my neck and back flat on the bottom of a hot bath did help.
appointment.

Friday.
I'm fed.
LOL on

helper is coming. Wonder when they are due?
K rescues needed.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 pm

So, while looking at google maps for a place to eat (ended up at McD's) I saw there was a park with a lookout over the falls. Didn't even know there were falls here.

So we went over and it turns out it is a HUGE park so we took photos, crossed a bridge below the falls, looked at the hiking trail map and hiked up to a point higher than the falls, then down to the top of the falls and crossed back over. That was scary, especially since the bridge had a grate deck and the water sound was so loud. Made it across and followed staircases back to the car. It was just a 2K step loop but quite strenuous.

My fitbit reports 55 flights of stairs today. I believe it since the hike this afternoon was a lot of uphill.

Back in for the night.

There is to be rain overnight but around 5 it should clear until 1 p.m. We'll get up at 6 and get out of here by 7:15 so we can take a ferry across the St. Lawrence River. Then we'll drive home along the north shore of the river. I'm about to check the driving times from Quebec City home. It is Friday and this is an 8 hour trip including ferry time and has us passing by Quebec City at the beginning of their Friday rush hour and Montreal at the height of their rush hour. Not a good plan, especially if we try to cross over the north of Montreal. People head north from the city to their cottages so even if we avoid the main part of the city, we'll be caught in weekend travel.

I'm also looking for hiking opportunities tomorrow. I feel so much better tonight than last night. Yesterday I only managed 6K steps. Today I doubled that. I'm still way short for the week but I'm glad I got so much hiking in today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Always so interesting to me to see the opposite season arrive for Lynlee. (((HUGS))) for winter.

Harriet, we did manage to get out last week, I think, and saw Pirates. I agree -- it was good. DH isn't a big Johnny Depp fan, and as for me, well, he's no Tom Selleck -- but I do like him. And I seem to like all things sea-going/etc. So strange, b/c I have actually always been quite uncomfortable any time I was actually ON a boat or near the deep end of a pool, much to my ddad's disappointment. But I must have inherited some small glimmer of his love for the water. His mother was the same way -- she was deathly afraid of water, but she LOVED to be near it.

Eating.
I really need to find some way to give up that nasty habit.
My weight is beyond ridiculous at this point, and I gathered my courage & measured myself this morning. Aside from the fact that I have gained 6 pounds in the last three months, I have also gained 6.25 inches (overall). I only admit this to you all so you can cheer me on. Exercise, etc. has fallen completely by the wayside since dh started getting sick the first of this year. I have exercised almost not at all, and I have really fallen into a bad habit of eating "comfort food" -- sweets, crackers, sugary cereal, junk junk junk -- b/c I've been so frustrated and depressed and worried about and because of him.
I've just got to get myself under control.
I'm doing a plank challenge that I saw online. It started out with 20 seconds a day, for a couple days... then 30 seconds... tomorrow I think I go up to 45... etc. It promises results in 28 days. We shall see.
I'm also trying very diligently to eliminate late night eating, but last night, after the grands left, I fell back into a binge. I can see why so many young mothers seem to need (?) -- want -- a glass of wine after they put the kids to bed. * sheesh * If I liked alcohol, there's no telling where I would be at this point, after the way the first five months of this year have gone.
Anyway. Now y'all see how bad it's gotten -- maybe y'all can help me stay accountable.

Not exactly hiking for me, Kathryn, ;) but I walked a mile w/dgd in her stroller last night. Guess I'll go give it another try.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 pm

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HARRIET!

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY HARMONY AND MR. HARMONY!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh thank you, Lilac!
I totally missed these events!

Happy belated birthday to Harriet!!!! :D :D :D

Happy belated anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Harmony!!!! :D :D :D
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Can't believe it! I've missed a whole day here PLUS. Missed wishing Mr. & Mrs. Harmony a Happy Anniversary and also missed dHarriet's birthday yesterday. My very best to all of you. :oops:

Been very busy getting ready to go. I had planned to drive to dd's school which is not all that far from Orlando and travel on from there -back to 301 (we don't want to go I-4 through Orlando and then up 95 to Jacksonville. Then dsonil said something earlier about following me up to dd's school to tell her goodbye. The only reason I was going that way was to take dBailey to her. Dawned on us the fact of all this tonight. So I can leave any time I want to tomorrow morning. It'll give me a few hours head start.

Going to try putting some last minute things together. One thing I do have to do in the morning is to strip the bed, wash the sheets and remake it -------or not. May just wash them and leave them folded on the bed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Just an update on the school situation for NF11.

Three girls have been suspended for a week and they won't be returning to that classroom when they return to school. The principal is open to half days for NF11. Her mom thinks she may return to school next week. I think I may offer to take her some days and stay with her. Whether the teacher wants me there or not. I may be able to bully my way in since she has never invited me to be there despite repeated requests/offers. I'm so angry about this.

There is no doubt the family are moving now, they will pick a better school and then find a place in the catchment area to live.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:48 pm

I walked the dog after dinner. H brought home take out. Harriet Belated bday wishes.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:23 am

Harriet, I'm so sorry we missed your birthday yesterday. Sounded like you had a great day! I can't imagine somebody asking an 18 yr old to be therapy for something so serious...I hope they get her some professional help. Not that your DD wouldn't be a good role model, but really come on now...

And thinking about Harriet's chocolate cake, Lucylee, I'm in the same boat with the food these days. You don't want to know what I ate after my dr. apt.

Our Anniversary was quiet, nice cards; but I'd said we should consider last weekend a trip for us, though it was really a graduation trip... and not terribly romantic.

Elizabeth, I'm hoping you get the job that's challenging and rewarding for you and all the people around you are supportive and friendly. It is nice that you're wanted.

Not everything is peachy keen around here. Are there addiction meetings for workaholics?

Return to “Post When You Can”