Thundering Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Thundering Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 am

Happy Birthday Harriet

Happy Anniversary to Harmony and Mrs Harmony.

The same helper came as last time so I was glad about that..
I took it as social support and chewed her ear off, not that she minded, after we hung out today's washing..
Then we played catch up in the kitchen together, then had cuppa on the veranda in dappled sun.
I will be so happy if the agency lets me 'keep' this helper as a regular.

I find it strange the northern hemisphere is surprised we have alternant seasons. I guess the discussions I had as a 3yo of snow on Christmas cards when it was blazing hot here, and children's books that taught the seasons of alien places makes me think of it as something 'always known'. Even so, snow is an alien concept.
But yes, when white folk invaded here they were surprised that the climate could dare to be so different, to say nothing of the birds and wildlife, so they must not have taken much notice of the reports of seafarers.

lunch is next for me. Maybe some time outside in the yard.

Harriet - when dd was in HS a mother of a girl hospitalised w ED wanted me to ask dd to go talk to her dd,
as if.
Mind you, I don't think much of the ED treatment as it was dished out in those days. I've heard woeful stories.
Prayers for what is best for this girl your dd knows. Her knowing others care about her and wish for her to recover will help her to chose that journey.

Lucylee - for you to be the carer for dh and visiting grands, you really need to take the time to look after yourself. Hope you can get dh to realise that.

Prayers for you all.
esp Harmony
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Re: Thundering Thursday

Postby lucylee » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:11 am

Oh, I guess I've always known Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere was a warm weather holiday-- it just still seems so interesting to me. And then I'm always jealous when it starts getting cold here -- and you're off to the beach then, Lynlee. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”