Set Forth Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Set Forth Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:16 am

Set Forth on the journey that is your Saturday!

Where will it take you and how much will you get done today?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Set Forth Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:46 am

Steps. I need steps. I'll pick up 4K when I walk over to the store to get milk for breakfast.

And forgetting to put on my fitbit this morning isn't helping in that quest.

I also need clean jeans. I've set forth on that mission but it will take 2 hours. Maybe I'll wear something else today. Although that means ironing.

Two loads of laundry were done last night. The final load is in the washer now.

We are debating staying on vacation for the last two days.

I'm planning on finishing the travelog this morning. Then maybe go see dgs this afternoon. I can babysit him while napping so dd can enjoy her community's fun fair (of which she is responsible for all the online presence.)

I had enough for my tea this morning. So am enjoying that and my chocolate. It is nice to not have to get dressed and go to breakfast before I want to.

Very bad news on the weight front. Gained a pound. Since my belt had to be upped a notch, I can hopefully think this is due to muscle gain but I haven't bothered to try on my jeans that were just a bit too small before I left. Didn't see the point in the disappointment. So my 'fat' jeans are in the wash.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:24 am

I went for a walk this morning on a country road. I was looking at the livestock and enjoying the quiet morning walk. Until I step on a chunk of wood which causes my foot to tilt & be off balance. I hit the pavement on my knees and hands. I'm thankful that I'm not hurt but just skinned up. I have several inches of skinned knees and palms of my hands. I had blood running down my leg and into my shoes by the time I made it back to the house. I washed up, sprayed it with Bactine and I'm all better now. My knees now match DS8 and DGD5. They are always skinning their knees.

Instant pot is cooking 5 lbs of chicken breast. When it is finished cooking, I will shred the chicken and package into 4 oz servings. Being shredded makes it easy to stack the bags in the freezer and they thaw quickly. I enjoy being able to pull a bag out of the freezer, add a vegetable and have a good meal in under 5 minutes.

I've boiled half dozen eggs this morning. I am going to use 4 of them to make chicken salad using the leftover rotisserie chicken.

DMom's refrigerator is being delivered today. When the delivery truck calls to tell her what time, then I'll take our rolling ice chest and empty out her old refrigerator. Even though her old refrigerator is barely working DMom doesn't want the items removed until the last moments. Yes, Ma'am. DSis wants DMom's old refrigerator (WHY????) so she is in charge of getting it removed. DMom has involved a half dozen family members in helping with this refrigerator swap.

Lilly continues to learn how to live without Tony. He always took care of the yard so she has no experience doing it. While learning to drive a zero turn mower Lilly accidentally bent one of the tire rims. She has asked DH to fix it. DH doesn't like to be alone with any woman so he has asked that I come with him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:16 am

Raced out of the house wearing too small jeans.

Am sitting on a curb waiting for a parade to go by. Dgs will be in it! The pipers have just crested the hill. I love bagpipes. Outdoors and in moderation!

helia

Postby helia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:46 am

I ended up having a very unproductive Friday. I basically got the a.m. routine done, went to WW where they say I lost 2 lbs. which mystified me a bit, ate WAY too much in the afternoon, sent a tardy social email, did my rigorous stretches, and went out to eat with dh, kids, and a friend of dd21's. If you hadn't noticed, dd21 often invites friends over. No, not guy friends -- my kids are still pretty romantically challenged. I'm really hoping that will change some day.

((LadyM)) Ouch!
You're on track, Kathryn, getting lots done! Enjoy the parade! Sounds fun. On days I don't run and don't go to payroll, my fitbit count is very low. Though last week, I got over 80K steps, somehow. My longs runs now earn me about 20K steps.
Thanks for starting us off, Harriet.

Dh's international flight tomorrow is at 12:10 - not 12:30 or 1. He starts the half marathon at 8:30. It's about a 1/2 hour drive from our house to the airport. He thinks he'll be done running, have cooled down, and be able to get home, shower, and be ready to head to the airport by 10:45. We'll see. . . He thinks he will not hit a 7.5 minute mile average, which would be his goal (and a goal he's met before) b/c the weather will be hot and muggy.

Today, I'm off to a good start. I have:
- done dog care: dogs out, in, fed, watered
- checked email and web sites; the chance of rain on race day (tomorrow!) is declining! However, it is going to be HOT for a morning run, 68* - 71* from 8 - 9, when I will be running. Dh starts at 8:30, so it will only be hotter for him. B/c of the chance of rain, it may be hot AND muggy. I think my pace will be slower than usual; I will listen to my body, something I'm learning to do. I will let myself go faster the last mile or two.
- had some qt
- picked up all the evening dishes in the living room (I can tell the kids are home :roll: ) and run the dw
- done s2s and self care
- made the bed
- sorted laundry
- lol #1 has washed and just finished drying
- started folding a basket of sheets that's been sitting around for about 4 weeks now :roll:

Next:
- fold and put away lol #1
- start lol #2
- update notebook

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:49 am

Hey!!! Two days in a row!

Up early this morning and have walked the dog, made and ate breakfast (my cream was sour so no yummy tea this morning), watered the new outside plants and changed the hoses around (needed a longer one on the side of the house and could do with shorter in front), transplanted two golden barrel cacti, moved some big decorative rocks and hit my goal for steps this morning before 7:30.

Not bad for an old lady. DH still sleeping.

Dakota (my old dog) is doing well this week. We are keeping EVERY treat and goodie away from her. I cook up her food every day of 4 oz. of ground beef, a can of Campbell's Chicken and Rice soup, 3/4 cup raw rice and 1/4 can of pumpkin. She eats it down like it was candy and has not thrown up or had any other problems. I quit giving her the meds for red blood cells - it made her sick and if she is going to die - I want her to enjoy her last days. But she is getting better - and even putting on a bit of weight.

Next up is to cut off or black out our address on a pile of magazines and then tie them up and take them to the recycle hut. I am trying to get the craft room/office cleaned out before the kids get here.

So off to the black hole.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

d harriet thank you for starting us! I need to set forth... my mind was on sit still and I need to push forward.

hi d mt! glad your d dog is doing well this week!

hi d helia! My girls are the same about being romantically challenged lol - but they seem to be having a grand life. :D wishing your dh a good race and a great flight as well

hi d kathryn! Enjoy the parade!

hi d lady! oh ouch is right! love your great attitude - that you knees now match your ds and dgd
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:53 am

Yesterday my d mom really really struggled with the amount of people and cars downtown yesterday. Now that they have maggie daley park, millennium park and activities and the art institute in one area it is very busy. It really overwhelmed her and boy was she cranky and really closed minded. Empathy for others was definitely out of her abilities yesterday. Thank goodness I had a great sense of relaxation and humour to understand where my mothers anxiety was coming from. dd younger has a remarkable way with her - she says she doesn't engage if d mom is at that heightened level and won't allow her to be mean. My d mom spent much of her 20s to late 60's downtown but living where we live now and her also in a quite area in Florida makes her bubble comfortable but smaller for her. We took Lake shore drive home down sheridan road for her to relax on the way home. The hwy would have taken the same amount of time because of the wall to wall traffic and I know my d mom couldn't not have handled it. I spoke to her today and she is feeling much better = she said next time we will wear blinders lol. So it was bit of a rough day yesterday but it was beautiful downtown.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:34 pm

today: continue working outside my comfort zone - a little bit at a time. Not sure what it will be but I can see how it is important and it doesn't have to be grand. After being with d mom I can see how limiting ones comfort zone can affect ones ability to learning about others and new experiences.
dh has been making great strides on this and I am really so proud of him. He is making a conscious effort to getting himself out there with his family instead of limiting himself to his routines at home the last month - very cool . (keeping things are still an issue but he seems younger instead of old)

- big girl yoga - lol yes its a real thing.
-laundry
-french
-pool dd's
-I bought a new audible book - my mom likes david balachhi and I thought it would be good that i read some of the books she reads. I am reading The Wright Brothers by David McCullough - I received the book for Christmas.
-decide what we will have for dinner (probably the grill)

dd younger is taking a wind surfing class today - praying that nothing hits her in the head but as she said: she has to live life.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:51 pm

H went to dgds hs graduation w dson. I am not well enough still coughing and that can be disruptive.

I have been to the trading post got some great ones, I am stockpiling some for when they put up the bigger trading wall.

journaling x

Cleaned up the carport dumped seeds I had cleaned up last nite yea for progress. Tree guys did a great job very pleased. Grasses in the field are in bloom vetch is coming in bloom. Ack on the allergies.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”